The photos Saudi Arabia doesn't want seen - and proof...

Mar 15, 2013 Full story: independent.co.uk 32

The photos Saudi Arabia doesn't want seen - and proof Islam's most holy relics are being demolished in Mecca Jerome Taylor first came to The Independent in 2005 and joined the Foreign Desk.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

#1 Mar 16, 2013
From the article - Many senior Wahabis are vehemently against the preservation of historical Islamic sites that are linked to the profit because they believe it encourages shirq the sin of idol worshipping.

I believe it's a sin to demolish such ancient history. If this sort of thing happened in Britain there would be a major uproar.

Egypt Lad thinks the pyramids will be safe under the Islamists, lol, idiot.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#2 Mar 16, 2013
If the muslims destroy every thing which shows their religion to be a sham, they can rewrite history, simple.

“Mad as Hell”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#3 Mar 16, 2013
The worshipping of idols is a degenerate Western habit.
This is how idols treat those that worship them:
http://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swifts-...
Much of the Western world revolves around idol worship.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#4 Mar 16, 2013
animals against islam wrote:
... Much of the Western world revolves around idol worship.
... yet muslims annually circle a meteorite in Mecca!

“Mad as Hell”

Location hidden

#5 Mar 16, 2013
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
... yet muslims annually circle a meteorite in Mecca!
"Islam strictly prohibits idolatry. Muslims believe that the Stone's role in hajj is simply representative and symbolic in nature, not related to belief in the stone itself as having any special power. A hadith records that, when the second Caliph Umar ibn al-Khattab (580-644) came to kiss the Stone, he said in front of all assembled: "No doubt, I know that you are a stone and can neither harm anyone nor benefit anyone. Had I not seen Allah's Messenger [Muhammad] kissing you, I would not have kissed you."[22] Most Muslims follow the example of Umar: they pay their respects to the Stone in a spirit of trust in Muhammad, not with any inherent belief in the Stone. This, however, does not indicate their disrespect to the Black Stone, but their belief that harm and benefit are in the hands of God, and nothing else."

“Alea iacta est!”

Since: Oct 06

Oh it's ON!

#6 Mar 16, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
From the article - Many senior Wahabis are vehemently against the preservation of historical Islamic sites that are linked to the profit because they believe it encourages shirq the sin of idol worshipping.
I believe it's a sin to demolish such ancient history. If this sort of thing happened in Britain there would be a major uproar.
Egypt Lad thinks the pyramids will be safe under the Islamists, lol, idiot.
Islam destroys everything it touches.

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#7 Mar 16, 2013
I just love those crowd surfing, crowd crushing and stampedes at the hajj. LOL!!

islam is a sham! HA!HA! LOL! LOL!!

“PROUD INFIDEL”

Since: Nov 08

The Crusades got it right!

#8 Mar 16, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Also everywhere muslims go, they bring down the quality of life. They sure know how to bring property values down.
Onelawforall

London, UK

#9 Mar 16, 2013
Here's a picture of what muslims worship. They kiss an enormous vagina. Hahahahahhaha.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres...

Location hidden

#11 Mar 16, 2013
<quoted text>
"Islam strictly prohibits idolatry. Muslims believe that the Stone's role in hajj is simply representative and symbolic in nature, not related to belief in the stone itself as having any special power. A hadith records that, when the second Caliph Umar ibn al-Khattab (580-644) came to kiss the Stone, he said in front of all assembled: "No doubt, I know that you are a stone and can neither harm anyone nor benefit anyone. Had I not seen Allah's Messenger [Muhammad] kissing you, I would not have kissed you."[22] Most Muslims follow the example of Umar: they pay their respects to the Stone in a spirit of trust in Muhammad, not with any inherent belief in the Stone. This, however, does not indicate their disrespect to the Black Stone, but their belief that harm and benefit are in the hands of God, and nothing else."
which is exactly how Catholics view their idols.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#12 Mar 17, 2013
The worshipping of idols is a degenerate Western habit.
This is how idols treat those that worship them:
http://www.businessinsider.com/taylor-swifts-...
Much of the Western world revolves around idol worship.
So, in your opinion should the great pyramids and other historic sites be demolished in the name of Islam?

“Mad as Hell”

Location hidden

#13 Mar 17, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your opinion should the great pyramids and other historic sites be demolished in the name of Islam?
These are not idols in that they are not idolised or thought to be God like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idolatry
The historic sites are being demolished in Saudi Arabia to make way for modern projects, and not as you suggest "in the name of Islam".
Historic sites are demolished the world over with just a few retained.
Again your logic and comprehension is flawed.

Location hidden

#14 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
These are not idols in that they are not idolised or thought to be God like.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idolatry
The historic sites are being demolished in Saudi Arabia to make way for modern projects, and not as you suggest "in the name of Islam".
Historic sites are demolished the world over with just a few retained.
Again your logic and comprehension is flawed.
What about the historic sites in Afganistan which the taliban destroyed.
more truth

Tallahassee, FL

#15 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
It is an old pagan thing. I suppose it is a symbol of unity. I have read several accounts of haj experiences saying it was so arduous and dirty that it was difficult to be spiritually uplifted.

“Fly low, fly fast.”

East Midlands, UK

#16 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>

You obviously failed to read the article then. It clearly states the buildings are being demolished for that very reason, you cluless clot.
W g a s

Netherlands

#17 Mar 17, 2013
Who gives a shyt?

“Freedom, NOT islam.”

Since: Feb 11

Birmingham UK

#18 Mar 17, 2013
This is interesting. I love ancient sites around the world. Yet, I am opposed to extreme islam. I have often expressed the view that mecca will stand in ruins, but I honestly never considered that it might be muslims who dismantled it. Does islam need mecca to survive? Im pretty certain that if the vatican were destroyed in an earthquake, the Catholic faith would continue. But islam seems very dependant on its roots and traditions. I will look out for future reports with great interest.
Mawar

Nibong Tebal, Malaysia

#19 Mar 17, 2013
Trisha wrote:
<quoted text>
Had the prophet of Islam (PBUH) not destroy the idols during conquest of Makkah, we would still keep these idols for those who may like to worship them.

No! We are not that kind of people. We stay clear of idol worshipping as much as we stay clear of man or woman worshipping.

I hope you can better describe us now.

“Mad as Hell”

Location hidden

#20 Mar 17, 2013
supersonic boom wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously failed to read the article then. It clearly states the buildings are being demolished for that very reason, you cluless clot.
Show me where it specifically states that these particular sites are solely being demolished "in the name of Islam" and not simply for expansion of buildings.
Your comprehension is very poor.

“Mad as Hell”

Location hidden

#21 Mar 17, 2013
Jules in the UK wrote:
This is interesting. I love ancient sites around the world. Yet, I am opposed to extreme islam. I have often expressed the view that mecca will stand in ruins, but I honestly never considered that it might be muslims who dismantled it. Does islam need mecca to survive? Im pretty certain that if the vatican were destroyed in an earthquake, the Catholic faith would continue. But islam seems very dependant on its roots and traditions. I will look out for future reports with great interest.
The expansions relate to allowing more people to visit Mecca, so your remarks are unfounded and clearly show your lack of understanding of what's going on here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 4 min Shamma 207,552
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
More from around the web