Mythical - Gate to Hell' Uncovered in...

Mythical - Gate to Hell' Uncovered in Turkey

There are 1 comment on the WISW-AM Columbia story from Apr 4, 2013, titled Mythical - Gate to Hell' Uncovered in Turkey. In it, WISW-AM Columbia reports that:

Archaeologists reportedly have uncovered the cave believed to be Pluto's Gate -- the mythological portal to hell -- in the ancient city of Hierapolis in southern Turkey.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WISW-AM Columbia.

Manwich Vaselino

Old Lyme, CT

#1 Apr 4, 2013
Is this just the tip of the iceberg? The tongue of the tidal wave? The first brown trickle of a good old fashioned shit storm? Everybody is reporting about the Gate to Hell. And the Topix roboblogger is harvesting every instance. I, Manwich Vaselino, am personally waiting for the Gate of Hell reportage from Martha Stewart, from Cat Fancy, and from Entrails Weekly, the only magazine licensed by the National Board of Embalmers (beware indie outlaw pubs). It's going to take over our beloved Topix, just like when the chief Bulgarian archaeologist sat on his own hand at an excavation and claimed the gods of the underworld were tickling his butt. That took weeks to settle down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 hr Demon Finder 255,498
News Post-UNESCO blues: Whither interfaith meetings? 13 hr Marie-Luise_J 2
News Bones, tools unearthed by Alberta flood could f... Oct 8 Rockets Richard Bone 1
News History lesson - Oct 2 Mark Newell PhD -... 1
Grimspound- my theory Sep 30 jobothehobo5 1
News What's under Columbus/Franklinton?Thousands of ... Sep 27 They cannot kill ... 3
News 8,000-year-old female figurine uncovered in cen... Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
More from around the web