Blackdom history little known

Blackdom history little known

There are 35 comments on the Carlsbad Current-Argus story from Feb 5, 2011, titled Blackdom history little known. In it, Carlsbad Current-Argus reports that:

Editor's note: An article, "A place in history," about the town site of Blackdom was written and published in the Current-Argus in July 2000.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Carlsbad Current-Argus.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
FYI

Moorpark, CA

#4 Feb 16, 2011
Custer was a woman and baby murderer. Makes me sad to say he was born in Michigan.
Ueber Liberal Elite

United States

#5 Feb 16, 2011
Custer died for the sins of the white man.

“Eat me. I'm a Danish.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 16, 2011
I was at Blackdom day before yesterday hunting agates. It is at the rest stop near Floyd Rd. between Roswell and Artesia...about half way.

There are still some old corrals and a junk camper there.

I found a meteorite near that spot in 1981.
Lowglow

Warrensburg, MO

#7 Feb 16, 2011
How much was it worth ?, I had a friend of mine find a Meteroite in Northern Nevada and he took it to sell it and he got 40 Grand for it, Lucky Guy. Why can't anything like that ever happen to me ?. lol
Sol Rebl wrote:
I was at Blackdom day before yesterday hunting agates. It is at the rest stop near Floyd Rd. between Roswell and Artesia...about half way.
There are still some old corrals and a junk camper there.
I found a meteorite near that spot in 1981.

“Eat me. I'm a Danish.”

Location hidden

#8 Feb 16, 2011
Lowglow wrote:
How much was it worth ?, I had a friend of mine find a Meteroite in Northern Nevada and he took it to sell it and he got 40 Grand for it, Lucky Guy. Why can't anything like that ever happen to me ?. lol
<quoted text>
Actually it was worth about $12K. This was many years ago. I have found several, but this one was a new find. Very rare. I saw it fall one night!

I have found many meteorites over the years. All in known strewn fields. Holbrook, GLorieta, Canyon Diablo, Franconia, Portales, Roosevelt Co., adn Floyd. I am working on Grants, and trying to get a speciment that i found in Mora County verified.

I have prospected for gold since I was a kid, as well as hunt artifacts and meteorties. What a hoot!

Sometimes you get lucky and make some cash. Most of the time you just wear blisters on your feet.
fools knowledge

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Feb 17, 2011
Remember, August 14, 2012 is "White History Month"
ted bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Feb 17, 2011
Sol Rebl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was worth about $12K. This was many years ago. I have found several, but this one was a new find. Very rare. I saw it fall one night!
I have found many meteorites over the years. All in known strewn fields. Holbrook, GLorieta, Canyon Diablo, Franconia, Portales, Roosevelt Co., adn Floyd. I am working on Grants, and trying to get a speciment that i found in Mora County verified.
I have prospected for gold since I was a kid, as well as hunt artifacts and meteorties. What a hoot!
Sometimes you get lucky and make some cash. Most of the time you just wear blisters on your feet.
you do know that hunting artifacts is illegal !!

“Eat me. I'm a Danish.”

Location hidden

#13 Feb 17, 2011
ted bundy wrote:
<quoted text>you do know that hunting artifacts is illegal !!
A meteorite is not an artifact. It is not a claimamble mineral either. And hunting artifacts on private land is certainly legal as long as it is not a culturally significant site.

You are very good at telling others what you dont know about their business! Congratulations!
poetic justice

United States

#14 Feb 17, 2011
Sol Rebl wrote:
<quoted text>
A meteorite is not an artifact. It is not a claimamble mineral either. And hunting artifacts on private land is certainly legal as long as it is not a culturally significant site.
You are very good at telling others what you dont know about their business! Congratulations!
If you ever get a chance,check out the area outside of virginia city nevada off long valley road,lots of cool petroglyphs and maybe some space rock.
veteran

Mayhill, NM

#15 Feb 17, 2011
why couldn't it been REALK500 WHO JUMPED FROM THE FLUME.
wHAT A DUMMY AND IGNORANT AT THAT
ted bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#16 Feb 17, 2011
Sol Rebl wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be more specific wiseass! if there are arrowheads and artifacts there it is a culturally significant site.
fools knowledge

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Feb 17, 2011
F/uck it, finders keepers.

“Eat me. I'm a Danish.”

Location hidden

#18 Feb 17, 2011
ted bundy wrote:
<quoted text>you should be more specific wiseass! if there are arrowheads and artifacts there it is a culturally significant site.
No it isnt. You can hunt artifacts and arrowheads on any private land that you have permission as long as it has not been declared a "culturally significant area".

Besides, I was not hunting arrowheads and artifacts. I was hunting agates and meteorites. So I cant imagine what the hell your point is.
ted bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#19 Feb 18, 2011
Sol Rebl wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isnt. You can hunt artifacts and arrowheads on any private land that you have permission as long as it has not been declared a "culturally significant area".
Besides, I was not hunting arrowheads and artifacts. I was hunting agates and meteorites. So I cant imagine what the hell your point is.
agates and meteorites are not artifacts...they are ROCKS!!

“Eat me. I'm a Danish.”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 18, 2011
ted bundy wrote:
<quoted text>agates and meteorites are not artifacts...they are ROCKS!!
No shit holmes. Did it take you all night to figure that out?
ted bundy

Carlsbad, NM

#21 Feb 18, 2011
Sol Rebl wrote:
<quoted text>
No **** holmes. Did it take you all night to figure that out?
hey, you're the one who called em artifacts. i'm not as dumb as you look!

“Eat me. I'm a Danish.”

Location hidden

#22 Feb 18, 2011
ted bundy wrote:
<quoted text>hey, you're the one who called em artifacts. i'm not as dumb as you look!
You must be. I didn't call them artifacts.
Buffalo Soldier 9

United States

#23 Feb 22, 2011
FYI wrote:
Custer was a woman and baby murderer. Makes me sad to say he was born in Michigan.
Confucius says, it is better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. Before you criticize, you should read the novel first, then you'll see the story is about the brutality, the compassion, the reprisal, bravery, heroism and gallantry.

To the Ice Bridge Crossers the beat up on the ones who built the Pyamids in Central America, who were here first. The truth shall set you free. The lie is easier to believe than the truth...

Peace.
why not

Lovington, NM

#24 Feb 23, 2011
ted bundy wrote:
<quoted text>you do know that hunting artifacts is illegal !!
Hunting Native Amercican or Prehistoric artifacts on PUBLIC land is illeagal. Gold, minerals or other resources not only may be "hunted" but claims may be filed to claim rights to the land for mining or recovery purposes. I believe that naturally occurring items that fall from the sky fall under those provisions also.

Artifact hunting on private land is not generally illeagal, but does have some restrictions.

“Eat me. I'm a Danish.”

Location hidden

#25 Feb 23, 2011
why not wrote:
<quoted text>
Hunting Native Amercican or Prehistoric artifacts on PUBLIC land is illeagal. Gold, minerals or other resources not only may be "hunted" but claims may be filed to claim rights to the land for mining or recovery purposes. I believe that naturally occurring items that fall from the sky fall under those provisions also.
Artifact hunting on private land is not generally illeagal, but does have some restrictions.
No, items that fall from the sky are not claimable minerals as I have already pointed out. And I also pointed out the restrictions for hunting artifacts on public land a few posts back as well.

And a mining claim gives you no rights to the land nor does it give you any right to recover minerals nor mine. It only asserts your mineral rights. Nothing else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dig yields artifacts up to 8,000 years old (Jul '07) Nov 7 handy man 3
News 'Eyes of the world' will be on Stonehenge Nov 3 Jesus Christ 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Oct 24 Wisdom of Ages 256,436
Identifying the Saints by effigy Sep '18 tedstruk 1
News Rio's 200-Year-Old National Museum Destroyed in... Sep '18 laurel mancini 2
News Laramie, Wyoming News and Information (Aug '07) Aug '18 Kohufki 2
News Mystery Of How The Pyramids Were Built Has Been... (Sep '17) Aug '18 Konin 2