Boston University Student Researching In Turkey Killed In Apparent Fall

Jul 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS Local

A Boston University PhD student who was working on an archaeological dig in western Turkey was killed Thursday morning in an apparent fall.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Sep 21, 2012
kursat utku

Balikesir, Turkey

#1 Jul 21, 2012
First of all " KILLED " is the very wrong verb for the situation.I am one of the strategists of Chad’s search an rescue team AKUT which is a member of INSARAG. First of all we are very sorry for your loss. When he lost his life in our country, he became a brother of ours too. We search the field about 50 rescuers, scout leaders, climbers, gendarms but we could not give you a good news. I can not give more details about the operation but I can say that there was nothing to do.. again we are sorry for your loss.we believe that he is with Allah now.
RIP Chad.

Kürşat Utku SATIOĞLU
kursatutku@gmail.com
Armenian guy

Watertown, MA

#2 Jul 26, 2012
He was killed in Turkey, plain and simple - please do not buy into kursat utku's bs - by his logic he has over 1.5 million dead Armenian brothers and sisters. For all anyone knows kursat's ancestors participated in making 1.5 million dead armenian brothers an sisters actively.

I guess those were not enough and more gavour blood had to shed.
A Concerned Citizen

Wareham, MA

#3 Sep 21, 2012
Kursat Utku thank you for your assistance in recovering the earthly remains of our beloved Chad.
Sadly there remains many unanswered questions and concerns about his passing. Since you indicated you were present, perhaps you could provide more details.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 31 min Shamma 201,448
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Ancient Armenian City Reveals New Secrets Aug 26 interesting 2
Ancient Mayan cities found in Mexican jungle Aug 22 Interesting 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Aug 21 Iruth Bausec Algz... 39
Researchers come across trove of Buddhist artif... Aug 21 SpaceBlues 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••