Archaeologists make grisly find in an...

Archaeologists make grisly find in ancient Maya city

There are 4 comments on the USA Today story from Sep 15, 2013, titled Archaeologists make grisly find in ancient Maya city. In it, USA Today reports that:

The lower jawbone is among the bone fragments recovered from a 1400-year-old mass grave in the former Mayan city Uxul.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Sep 16, 2013
Interesting.

Maya city state life resembles an ant nest.

No idea of the age of Uxul city state in the article though.

Have a nice day: Ag
SpaceBlues

United States

#3 Sep 20, 2013
Compare the title with this one about the barbarians in Europe:

"Odd tale of headless Norse men: Slaves buried with the rich"

Why isn't the find "grisly" also?
Phillip C Vorshak

Old Lyme, CT

#4 Sep 22, 2013
Let me refer you to my Topix post of 5/11/84 dealing with this exact same topic. I discuss the etiology of Adrian Godsafe's mental instability and how it leads inevitably and inexorably to the terminal state of douchebagism. In a sidebar I also compare the hideously grisly burial customs of the Maya, obviously a depraved, barbaric, Godless peoples, to the very, very sanitary, orderly and, indeed, both light-hearted and profound, as well as respectful, pious, and forward-looking, rites of the Western Europeans. And also very practical. You will note that the ever resourceful Norges unscrewed the heads of their slaves so they could be carry-on, rather than checked, baggage -- saving a good deal of swag. If I say it myself, case closed, mon.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#5 Sep 23, 2013
Phillip C Vorshak wrote:
Let me refer you to my Topix post of 5/11/84 dealing with this exact same topic. I discuss the etiology of Adrian Godsafe's mental instability and how it leads inevitably and inexorably to the terminal state of douchebagism. In a sidebar I also compare the hideously grisly burial customs of the Maya, obviously a depraved, barbaric, Godless peoples, to the very, very sanitary, orderly and, indeed, both light-hearted and profound, as well as respectful, pious, and forward-looking, rites of the Western Europeans. And also very practical. You will note that the ever resourceful Norges unscrewed the heads of their slaves so they could be carry-on, rather than checked, baggage -- saving a good deal of swag. If I say it myself, case closed, mon.
Nice to his neighbours isn't he?

Barbarism is everywhere, just look @ the recent case of the paedo dungeon guy (actually a brit). Try and aetiology on that wacko's mental state.

Not too sure of norse rituals, however I do know that the celts beheaded captive warriors to "prevent their ghosts from following them around in the afterlife". Bet they never believed in the headless horsemen legends (nice movie by the way).

Still recommend you take a close look @ the mayan city states to get a close look @ what happens when the resources run out in a pyramid organised civilisation. Modern ref to the commies should be a pointer...

Oops, forgot to mention the Bush hegemony in the above paragraph & all the missing money in the USA.

Go figure.

Have a nice day: Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News India is on the hunt for 24 - untraceable' hist... Mon Archaeonaut 1
Meteorite Uses Since Ancient Times Jan 3 John 1
King Tut's Dagger was Made From a Meteorite Jan 3 John 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Dec '17 Mr goody two shoes 256,266
Grid Gardens Dec '17 kingoftheamericas 2
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov '17 LUKE 2
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov '17 cecelia hall 1
More from around the web