Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada?

Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada?

There are 1 comment on the LewRockwell.com story from Feb 5, 2018, titled Did Ancient Greeks Sail to Canada?. In it, LewRockwell.com reports that:

Scientists claim the civilisation travelled to Newfoundland and set up colonies to mine gold in the 1st Century nearly a millennium before the Vikings This is according to a controversial study that claims Hellenistic Greeks had such detailed knowledge of astronomy that they were able to pinpoint Atlantic currents that would propel them west. This idea is based on a study of the text 'De Facie' by Greek biographer and essayist Plutarch, who lived between 46 and 119 AD.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LewRockwell.com.

Vasily Ivanov

Toronto, Canada

#1 Feb 6, 2018
This seems like another attempted groundbreaking discovery that turns out to be faulty and " too good to be true." Kind of like Gavin Menzies first book on the Chinese discovery of South America

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Neighbor complains about airport noise Mon sar 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) Jul 15 WHO IS BOTEACH 256,431
News Indiana Jones 5 delayed Jun '18 Coot 1
News Indigenous artifacts found on site of controver... Jun '18 Rock 1
News Bones of Civil War dead found on a battlefield ... Jun '18 George 1
News Why the world premiere of precious biblical art... Jun '18 missourcast 1
News Peru seeks dog breed status for ancient llama h... (Sep '06) May '18 Parden Pard 3