Archaeology studies in different coun...

Archaeology studies in different countries

Posted in the Archaeology Forum

riverdale

Muntinlupa, Philippines

#1 Jun 4, 2012
In my country, archaeology is not an undergraduate program. Rather, for one to take archaeology, one must first complete a bachelor's degree in anything, and then one can study to get a diploma in archaeology. One can then opt to earn a Master's degree and maybe even a PhD. In short, archaeology is a graduate program in my country. Is it like that in all countries? I think it's a good idea to take an undergraduate course in another but related field, such as anthropology or even history because it provides one with a more solid backbone that shall prepare one for further studies in the field of archaeology. I plan to take history as an undergrad first, then take up archaeology. I want to be able to work in, support, and contribute to the international archaeological community, so I want to ensure I get not only an adequate but also an excellent education (as much as possible). Is it advisable to stick to my country's system--after all, I will be based in my own country--and then perhaps study even more in other countries if I feel that it is necessary or that I want to specialize even more? Thank you!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 23 min george whyte 253,972
News Airport runway battle heats up in Macon (Mar '09) Aug 15 Curious 31
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Aug 14 daredevil82 2
News Archaeologists in Serbia Unearth Ancient Spells... Aug 14 srbosjek 2
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Aug 11 Faa Samoa 1,978
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) Jul '16 Georgina 45
CitiesÂ’ Identity Through Architecture and Arts ... Jul '16 moabdallah 1
More from around the web