john13

Cardiff, UK

#1 Jan 13, 2013
im not an archaeologist. Im researching for fiction, and I don't understand why phoenicians, and then the ancient Greeks built Temples as part of the design of their foreign trading posts. The Emporia.It makes sense that those selling luxury goods, would be allowed to trade in Temple precincts, to avoid getting robbed. But we now seperate religious centres and trade centres, despite the association between deities and luxury goods.ie religious art.So, right, just from the mere fact that Greek traders built a mud brick temple in the Emporium in Naukritis in the Nile Delta, for instance,suggests that they saw a relationship between religion and trade that we do not have. I can't find any primary sources. Apparently this is a really obscure topic. If you are an actual archaeologist and you are aware of relevant evidence, please help.
Actual Archaeologist

Old Lyme, CT

#2 Jan 15, 2013
I'd stick to your day job, john13, if you have one. Your prose style is like thick mucous and quite beyond editing. Have you thought of another line of work? Perhaps stealing milch cows and then fencing them for magic, colored beans -- this has proved to be quite satisfactory in some cases. Well, one. How are you with an axe?
john13

Cardiff, UK

#3 Jan 20, 2013
Youre a Nazi, and not a real archaeologist. Youre also not funny, and your claims about my writing ability are incorrect. Im a very successful writer, and the Nazis are the biggest failures in human history. Biggest loser of all time!Your response is also incoherent. I think you have severe brain damage. Its mainly caused by Cortisol,the stress hormone, actual neurologists have said so.Retard
Actual Archaeologist

Old Lyme, CT

#4 Jan 22, 2013
I am so ashamed! It's true, I am a Nazi and I am also, as you probably have figured out, a Communist, a Freemason, a Frymonian, and an obese, crispy-snack gorging baldie, and so not funny. But I am also a Phoenician and, as it happens, an ancient Greek. I am all about mud-brick temples and emporia. I am so all over them. And I can tell you, as a reliable source, that the connection between religion and commerce is roughly analogous to the relationship of your head and its permanent place up your actual
ass. Sorry, I should have added that I was also a retard AND a bitter, failed writer with brain damage due to cortisol.(?) Good luck with your riveting fiction. Will there be a strapping hero named Dorkus? I can't wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 10 min El Cid 203,411
Where Islam Treads, It Leaves a Desert Oct 18 Old Pom 5
History is boring Oct 18 llortraob 1
Amphipolis tomb mosaic depicts abduction of Per... Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
AMPHIPOLlS (upd) Oct 17 AMPHIPOLIS 1
Archaeology and Mormonism (Jun '07) Oct 12 Barnsweb 101
Israeli archaeologists find inscriptions of Aus... Oct 11 Stan Dandyliver 5

Archaeology People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE