Relics: Modern Heuristics

Relics: Modern Heuristics

Posted in the Archaeology Forum

Abishai100

Grand Ledge, MI

#1 Jun 19, 2014
In the superstition-attention Hollywood (USA) film "The Exorcist" (1973), a priest-archaeologist scours the sands of the tombs of Ancient Egypt and discovers an unusual spiritualism artifact that seems to represent some unnamed fear about human imagination.

We know of the stories of archaeologists digging in areas supposedly protected by ancient culture incantations of territory fencing and there are even folk tales of archaeologists getting sick when they trespass these apparently forbidden areas.

Archaeologists try to separate science from superstition in the hunt for intellectually evocative artifacts and relics.

Certainly for our age of consumerism culture (i.e., eBay), the wide availability of mercantilism goods makes the academic hunt for toys and relics a thing of great human relevance.

Understanding humanity's appraisal of goods and crafts reveals the intellectual value of relevant divination focus social art totems such as the perception-collection Hollywood (USA) film "The Apparition" (2012).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Archaeology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Saudi prince throws his weight behind archaeology Nov 9 jarrfan 1
Protuberances on ancient stonework as a global ... Nov 5 cecelia hall 1
News Team excavates sod house near Iqaluit, with sit... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Great Pyramid's previously hidden 'void' hailed... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Mystery of human skeletons found buried at Halt... Nov 5 Time Change Weekend 1
News Scientists discover mysterious 'void' in Great ... Nov 3 NOM s Waffle House 1
News Border walls are going up globally at a dizzyin... Oct 30 jarrfan 1
More from around the web