VISTA telescope discovers new star clusters

Sep 23, 2013 Full story: Earth Times

Scientists working under the auspices of the VISTA Variable in the Via Lactea programme have identified 96 new star clusters that previously went unnoticed due to dust and gas clouds in the Milky Way.

Read more

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Sep 25, 2013
Still no sign of the rest of the stars making up the solar cluster. Isotope data indicates that the sun was in the vicinity of a star between 15 & 20 solar masses that added a bit of extra oomph to the condensing dust that became asteroids & rocky planetismals in the early solar system. They could not have been in the gas & dust prior to the condensation of the solar system, as the short halflife isotopes would have decayed before they condensed into the asteroids. Keep looking guys.

Have a nice day Ag

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apiculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 5 Animals We Need to Survive Mar 10 marley-ann edwards 2
News Louis Proud on 'Strange Electromagnetic Dimensi... Feb '15 Cath League of Du... 2
Midwestern US Citizens: Grow some MILKWEED Feb '15 Milkweed Man 1
News 5 Animals We Need to Survive Feb '15 haha u noob 1
News Of Bees And Men: The Riddle Of The Flying Saucers Jan '15 tony 1
News Ontario government plans to limit neonic use on... Dec '14 connecting millions 1
News Why is Canada's bee population drastically in d... Dec '14 no Wynne situation 1
More from around the web