When neighbors feed feral cats, the whole neighborhood can suffer

Jul 12, 2012 Full story: San Jose Mercury News

Rats, mice, squirrels, raccoons, opossums, skunks, deer, pigeons and more; it just never ends! There are so many other life forms who often enjoy our gardens more than we do.

Full Story
Nature Advocate

Pipestone, MN

#1 Jul 13, 2012
The problem on my land was caused by idiot cat-lovers who kept adopting unwanted cats. Over the years their cats annihilated all the native wildlife on my lands. All fox, hawks, owls, skunks, raccoons, opossum, turkeys, grouse, quail, pheasant, songbirds, chipmunks, and myriad other native species had disappeared for over 15 years. Cats used the animals or their offspring for their cats' tortured play-toys, or the animals starved to death from cats having annihilated the natural food-chain.

No amount of trying to reason with these morons would stop them. So on advice of the sheriff I shot and buried every last one of their lousy invasive-species pets. Collared or not. Even as I was shooting hundreds of cats they kept adopting and releasing MORE of them. Those too eventually shot and buried, until my land was 100% cat-free. The wildlife has been coming back now that the cats are gone, for over 2 years.

Until recently. When the same morons adopted 5 more cats last week. They must have thought since they didn't hear any gunshots for 2 years it was safe to release some more of these destructive invasive-species. WRONG. Those too were swiftly shot and buried. The land is once again 100% invasive-species-cat-free. Some idiots never learn.

Interesting note: One winter I tried feeding one of the shot-dead cats on my land to the last few starving opossum (all the rest of my larger native wildlife starved to death from cats destroying all their food sources). Those opossum promptly died from some disease in that cat-meat. Alarming -- in that opossum, due to their cooler body temperatures, cannot contract nor transmit many common diseases, not even rabies. They are one of the most disease-free animals in N. America. Yet ... something in that cat-meat was able to kill them all. Cats truly are complete and total wastes of flesh. They can't even be used to feed wild animals safely. Leaving any of these invasive-species cats out in nature, alive OR dead, is no better than intentionally poisoning your native wildlife to death.
STINKCAT

Whyteleafe, UK

#2 Jul 13, 2012
Nature Advocate wrote:
The problem on my land was caused by idiot cat-lovers who kept adopting unwanted cats. Over the years their cats annihilated all the native wildlife on my lands. All fox, hawks, owls, skunks, raccoons, opossum, turkeys, grouse, quail, pheasant, songbirds, chipmunks, and myriad other native species had disappeared for over 15 years. Cats used the animals or their offspring for their cats' tortured play-toys, or the animals starved to death from cats having annihilated the natural food-chain.
No amount of trying to reason with these morons would stop them. So on advice of the sheriff I shot and buried every last one of their lousy invasive-species pets. Collared or not. Even as I was shooting hundreds of cats they kept adopting and releasing MORE of them. Those too eventually shot and buried, until my land was 100% cat-free. The wildlife has been coming back now that the cats are gone, for over 2 years.
Until recently. When the same morons adopted 5 more cats last week. They must have thought since they didn't hear any gunshots for 2 years it was safe to release some more of these destructive invasive-species. WRONG. Those too were swiftly shot and buried. The land is once again 100% invasive-species-cat-free. Some idiots never learn.
Interesting note: One winter I tried feeding one of the shot-dead cats on my land to the last few starving opossum (all the rest of my larger native wildlife starved to death from cats destroying
Don't forget to decorate before its bedtime at your home for geriatrics

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Apiculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Of Bees And Men: The Riddle Of The Flying Saucers Jan 27 tony 1
Ontario government plans to limit neonic use on... Dec '14 connecting millions 1
Why is Canada's bee population drastically in d... Dec '14 no Wynne situation 1
Ontario beekeepers lost more than half of their... Dec '14 no Wynne situation 1
Discovery Aims to Fight Destructive Bee Disease Dec '14 lots of reforms n... 1
Diabetic 'health honey' a reality thanks to nan... Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Let's Talk About Sex Baby, Because The Internet (Jun '14) Nov '14 bhebhelabhebhe 3
More from around the web