Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 254918 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#187063 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this word isl-mas&#299;&#7717;a?
ISI-Mass.
Master Journal List - IP & Science - Thomson Reuters

ip-science.thomsonreuters.com/mjl/&#8206 ;

The Master Journal List includes all journal titles covered in Science products.... ChemPrep™· ISI Chemistry Reaction CenterSM · Current

Location hidden

#187064 Aug 29, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
"I worship G-d. You should worship G-d instead of worshipping me (the more you worship me, the more you irritate G-d)" Signed: Jesus
John 20:28,29
After he saw proof of Jesus' resurrection, Thomas addressed Jesus as "my Lord and my God." So, Thomas here called Jesus "God."

If Jesus did not possess Deity, Thomas' statement would have been blasphemy, and Jesus should have rebuked Him. Instead, Jesus praised Thomas and pronounced a blessing on everyone who believes the same (v29)! Then John proceeded to claim that His record of Jesus' miracles gives us all reason to believe in Him (vv 30,31).

You don't believe in Jesus words because you worship the Muslim Allah a non-existing God.

The One true God is a reflection of the unique concept that Islam associates with God. To a Muslim, Allah is the Almighty Creator and Sustainer of the universe, Who is similar to nothing, and nothing is comparable to Him.

Definition of NOTHING
1 : not any thing : no thing <leaves nothing to the imagination>
2 : no part
3 : one of no interest, value, or consequence <they mean nothing to me>
Allah god defined by Muslims does not exist!

That is my point the god Muslim call Allah does not exist.

Muslims pray to a non-existing God!

Muhammad fabricated a non-existing god into being the one true god of his religion of Islam
And Muhammad made himself prophet of a god that does not exist!

Muslims are INSANE!
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#187065 Aug 29, 2013
Shamma wrote:
John 20:28,29

After he saw proof of Jesus' resurrection, Thomas addressed Jesus as "my Lord and my God." So, Thomas here called Jesus "God."

If Jesus did not possess Deity, Thomas' statement would have been blasphemy, and Jesus should have rebuked Him. Instead, Jesus praised Thomas and pronounced a blessing on everyone who believes the same (v29)! Then John proceeded to claim that His record of Jesus' miracles gives us all reason to believe in Him (vv 30,31).

You don't believe in Jesus words because you worship the Muslim Allah a non-existing God.
In John 20:17, jesus said to Mary: "Go instead to my brothers and tell them,‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”

Then, Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news:“I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.

So, the disciples had been informed! It means Thomas had also known that Jesus was alive.

Jesus had not told anybody, "I have been resurrected". He is not on record for saying that.

The rest of John's story is absurd!

Did Jesus also show him through holes in his heels?

Breaking News:

Jesus breathed only on the ten disciples, excluding Thomas and Judah, according to John. So, Thomas never received the alleged Holy Spirit.
bmz

Singapore

#187066 Aug 29, 2013
Alex WM wrote:
NEWS FLASH!!!!
JESUS DENIES HAVING ANYTHING TO DO WITH John 3:16!!
Thanks for the News Flash.

True, bro.

Jesus, in fact, has nothing to do with John at all.

Salaams

BMZ
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187068 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this word isl-mas&#299;&#7717;a?
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp...

As you can see, "the" is in the Arabic text.

There is a difference between "a" Messiah and "the" Messiah.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187069 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Isaiah 45 DOES NOT say anything ridiculous like the Trinitarians say.
For example, Isaiah does not say that God exists as three persons.
Forget Isaiah. Even Jesus did not say that God exists as three persons.
Christian Trinitarians believe in one God, there is no other; therefore, Isaiah 45 poses no problem for a Trinitarian Christian.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187070 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
In John 20:17, jesus said to Mary: "Go instead to my brothers and tell them,‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’”
Then, Mary Magdalene went to the disciples with the news:“I have seen the Lord!” And she told them that he had said these things to her.
So, the disciples had been informed! It means Thomas had also known that Jesus was alive.
Jesus had not told anybody, "I have been resurrected". He is not on record for saying that.
Breaking News:
Jesus breathed only on the ten disciples, excluding Thomas and Judah, according to John. So, Thomas never received the alleged Holy Spirit.
The nails would have been in Jesus' ankles. No need to show them.

As for the rest of your post, let us know when you want a serious discussion.
Bryant

Windsor, CT

#187071 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the News Flash.
True, bro.
Jesus, in fact, has nothing to do with John at all.
Salaams
BMZ
More nonsense.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#187072 Aug 29, 2013
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the actual name Jesus and Mary were not mentioned, but this verse seems quite odd.
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you[c] a sign: The virgin[d] will conceive and give birth to a son, and[e] will call him Immanuel.
Emmanuel means "God with us". Now, the actual Hebrew version does not explicitly say the word virgin.
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt1007.htm
14 Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign: behold, the young woman shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.
I think that the addition of the word virgin could be said to be fair. We have young woman, which often can mean still a virgin, and her child birth will be a sign. There are many women who give birth, so why would a birth itself be a sign unless it was a virgin birth? Put this together with the meaning of Emmanuel and I don't think it was unfair at all to add the word virgin for clarity.
Have you looked the hebrew version in your link? It says young woman and not virgin. In hebrew the word used is almah means young woman who is unmarried. If it was meant virgin then Isaiah would have used the more proper word bethulah that means virgin. Moreoever what non-sense is a virgin giving birth to a baby? Who can prove that the pregnant young woman is still virgin? If a young girl you know get pregnant and she tells she is virgin you won't believe her, so all. God can't come out with such a thing.
Moreover looking at the hebrew it says the young woman and not a young woman. The article the suggests that they were talking about a woman they know. Mary came 9-8 centuries later and was never prophesied in OT, thus she is disqualified. If you read the entire chapter you will know that the prophecy was about some years later. At the time of the Nazarene no Syria or Samaria was defeated as it says the 7th chapter.

In Hebrew names have meaning. Daniel means god is judge, but the person with that name is not god. So I fail to see they are mentioned either intentionally or not.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>You are asking Muslims to apply rules consistently. They don't know how to do that. Nobody ever taught them the concepts of consistency and objectivity.
LOL
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>He actually thinks he's quite the genius, as do all of the other stupid Muslims we find here. Why is it always the stupidest people that are often their own biggest cheerleaders?
If it's not to entertein us, I really don't know.
Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>They can't. It is full of symbolism, and the Quran is not. So they read the Bible like they read the Quran and it completely confuses them and they take it literally. BMZ thinks that a literal, four legged lamb will open the scrolls in Revelations. Let's face it, these people are not the brightest that humanity has to offer. The Quran is nice and clear and simple. Perfect for people with no depth of thought at all. Their minds have the depth of a baby pool with a Baby Ruth bar in it.
Agree.

Location hidden

#187073 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Breaking News:
JESUS IS THE DIVINE SON OF GOD!
GOD-MAN!
HE CALLS GOD My GOD AND YOUR GOD OUT OF RESPECT FOR GOD WHO PERFORMED THE MIRACLE OF UNITING THE HOLY GODLY SPIRIT OF JESUS WITH THE HUMAN FLESH OF MARY THE VIRGIN!
And became "GOD-MAN" AND DIED ON THE CROSS AND WAS RESURRECTED BY THE POWER OF GOD FOR OUR SINS.

"GOD IS UNIQUELY A TRINITY"
FATHER,SON,HOLY SPIRIT"
THERE IS NO OTHER GOD BESIDES GOD!

GOD MANIFEST HIS ONE SPIRIT AS BEING THREE PERSONS CO-EQUAL IN POWER AND GLORY.
THAT IS THE UNIQUENESS AND POWER OF GOD ABOVE ALL OTHER GODS!

The words only begotten Son of God applies to The Spirit of Jesus who co-existed in Spirit substance of God before the world existed.

John 17:4-5
English Standard Version (ESV)
Jesus said:
4 I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do. 5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

At the incarnation of Jesus His pr-existing spirit took on flesh from the Blessed Virgin Mary by the power of God.

‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; pertaining to a miracle God will perform on the Spirit of Jesus by uniting the nature of God with human flesh within the womb of Mary the Virgin.

There was no sexual relations between God and Mary, Jesus Spirit pr-existed before the world existed.

Luke 1:26-35
And the angel said to her,‘Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there will be no end.’ And Mary said to the angel,‘How shall this be, since I have no husband?’ And the angel said to her,‘The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy, the Son of God.’" Luke 1:26-35

Jesus is called the Son of God because His Spirit was united with human flesh from Mary the Virgin by the power of God.

MY GOD THE FATHER OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST HAVE MERCY ON YOUR IGNORANT SOUL BMZ!
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187074 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I define that dirty and ugly ARCHAIC word? Don't you know?
To me, it is an absurd word, that entered through the scripturally crude and poor language Greek.
This happened because foreigners wrote scriptures for the natives in a different language.
In Hebrew, it simply means God TOOK Jacob, David, Ephraim and Jesus as sons (figuratively) just as a man loves his sons.
And God TOOK Abraham as a friend. Abraham was not begotten as a friend.
Hope this helped a lot.
You should define that word because I asked you to define that word.

You haven't helped at all.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187075 Aug 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
If Luke did not record something, do you mean to say it should always be hidden from view?
Was Luke an eye witness of the event?
There are so many things that these Gospel writers have left out.
And there are so many mistakes and contradictions in their writings, should no one correct them?
What you say about Two different genealogies of Jesus, one recorded by Matthew and another by Jesus?
Did Holy Ghost dictated two different ones?
It is probable that whoever wrote the Gospel of Luke either spoke with Mary or knew someone who had, whereas your "prophet" only had the six-centuries removed "revelations" of some phantasm to rely upon. Go figure.
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187076 Aug 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
And there are so many mistakes and contradictions in their writings, should no one correct them?
Consider the MANY mistakes and contradictions in the Qur'an, if you dare.

See: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Contradictions_in_t...
El Cid

Saint Albans, WV

#187077 Aug 29, 2013
MUQ wrote:
What you say about Two different genealogies of Jesus, one recorded by Matthew and another by Jesus?
First, Jesus recorded no genealogies, but you know that.

Secondly, the two different genealogies have to do with the fact that one traces the lineage through Joseph, the other through Mary.

However, my concern has to do with the recognition that Jesus had no human father. How, then, can he be called "son of David?"

Paul refers to Jesus as the "last Adam." Why?
bmz

Singapore

#187078 Aug 29, 2013
Bryant wrote:
http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.jsp...

As you can see, "the" is in the Arabic text.

There is a difference between "a" Messiah and "the" Messiah.
Oh, please!

The Quranic Arabic Corpus is for those, who are not well-grounded inArabic. Don't show that to me, please!

The words came from others. Qur'aan does not acll him The Messaih.

Qur'aan quotes those, who said that. I have already told you that Qur'aan calls him Rasul-ul-lah (Messenger of Allah).

In English, one mostly writes words separately. In Qur'aan, words are combined with an 'al', which is not a definite article, and acts as a conjunction.

For example, Allah, which can be written as Al-lah. Here Al is the definite article and Allah means The God.

In the Quranic Arabic Corpus, you presented, the words Qatalna in the third row and the word messiah in the fourth row are read together and 'al' is used to combine the two.

So, we read it as QATALAN-AL-MASEEH, which means "We killed messiah". You can't do that in scripturally poor languages English and Greek.

For example you cannot do killed-al-messiah kind of thing in English or Greek.

And then look at the words in row 8 and row 9. It says Rasul in row 8 and Allah in row 9, which we read together as Rasulallah or Rasulullah.

Allah does not say that Jesus was The Messiah. Allah says he was the son of Mary and the messenger of Allah. You can see 'son of Mary' written in rows 6 and 7.
bmz

Singapore

#187079 Aug 29, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
The nails would have been in Jesus' ankles. No need to show them.
As for the rest of your post, let us know when you want a serious discussion.
No need to show the heels? Why? And do you think Thomas saw through holes in his hands and a big hole in his side?

Is it because John thought nails were driven only in hands and a spear was thrust in his side, which the other three writers of gospels did not know about? The other three gospels do not show any nails being driven. Right? Even John does not mention any nails being driven in his crucifixion account.

I am already having serious discussions but most of you jest.
bmz

Singapore

#187080 Aug 29, 2013
El Cid wrote:
<quoted text>Consider the MANY mistakes and contradictions in the Qur'an, if you dare.
See: http://wikiislam.net/wiki/Contradictions_in_t...
Buford,

I have already told you that articles in Wikiislam, are written by clueless ignorant fools of FFI, which is the site run by Ali Sina, the megalomanic suffering from severe NPD. The writers there have the same percentage of low intelligence like the polemic Christian posters here.

I had corrected their articles many times but the crooks kept on editing them fast.
bmz

Singapore

#187081 Aug 29, 2013
Bryant wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian Trinitarians believe in one God, there is no other; therefore, Isaiah 45 poses no problem for a Trinitarian Christian.
Good.

Now, write here and declare this:

There is only One God. Jesus is not God. The Holy Spirit is not God.

If you write that I will accept that you believe in one God only.

Can you do that without any fear?

Do it!
bmz

Singapore

#187082 Aug 29, 2013
El Cid wrote:
Paul refers to Jesus as the "last Adam." Why?
Paul, the motor-mouth always made foolish statements. This was one of them.

Location hidden

#187083 Aug 29, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Buford,
I have already told you that articles in Wikiislam, are written by clueless ignorant fools of FFI, which is the site run by Ali Sina, the megalomanic suffering from severe NPD. The writers there have the same percentage of low intelligence like the polemic Christian posters here.
I had corrected their articles many times but the crooks kept on editing them fast.
Why isn't Muhammad a crook in your eyes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News What's under Columbus/Franklinton?Thousands of ... Sep 27 They cannot kill ... 3
News 8,000-year-old female figurine uncovered in cen... Sep 16 Stephany McDowell 1
News On the canvas: Museum digs up modern collection Sep 15 Albert 1
News Dore Gold: Archaeology is best defense of Jewis... Sep 13 naman 2
News Pioneers' graves to be relocated (Jul '07) Sep 12 ima hoosier 187
News Editorial: Return of Native American remains em... Sep 6 really 1
News Student:"Get To Know Your Local Stripper" (May '07) Aug '16 Jamesbeck23 24
More from around the web