Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 207,609

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161360 Feb 1, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, ANYONE can write a book and say that it is from God (that is why we have close to 100 or so Gospels!!).
But the problem is that Quran is only one!! and it given open challenge to whole humanity to bring another book like it. It is 1400 years and there is no taker to this challenge!!
Make you think a bit? ANYONE can write a book, but NO ONE can write Quran, or even one chapter like it!!
How dumb you people look , parading your own ignorance in front of every one.
There were many 'versions' of the koran until someone rewrote it and had all the other 'versions' burnt. Nothing divine about that!
Paul WV

Beckley, WV

#161361 Feb 1, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Buford,
Please tell me what is wrong if we bring up the following lies, so that the silent majority of international readers can appreciate our efforts in refuting and condemning the lies in the New Testament? The Prophet also brought some of them up.
The Greatest Lie, first: Jesus is God.
Jesus is the Son of God.
God is a Trinity or God is triune.
Did allah say that? No, wait, allah never talked to anyone! Not even mohammad!
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#161365 Feb 1, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
There were many 'versions' of the koran until someone rewrote it and had all the other 'versions' burnt. Nothing divine about that!
Why don't YOU try your hand at it and write a "Newer Version" of Quran that beats the "old models".

That is WHAT this Quranic challenge is all about!!

Do not just stand on the road and pass useless comment, get active and order lots and lots of pens and ink and loads of papers!!

How much time it would take to pen down some thing as simple as Chapter 112 of Quran? A very short four verses....Try your hand at it and come up with some thing better!!

This short chapter, demolished the concept of Trinity, God's Son and God in flesh, and God taking Avatars and every other misconception and similes that any one can have about God.... can any human had do it?

Try and come with something snappier and better!!
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161366 Feb 2, 2013
His Torah is Truth, and in these verse Jesus the Son is revealed.
" Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
descended? Who hath gathered the wind in His fists? Who hath bound
the waters in a garment? Who hath established all the ends of the
Earth? What is His name, and what Is HIS SON'S NAME if thou canst tell?"
(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
KISS THE SON, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way,
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
The Prophet Daniel see Jesus and called him the very name which Jesus used Son of Man, and declared that he would rule the earth:
"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN (Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14).
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161367 Feb 2, 2013
From the Mouth of a Rabbi himself, let him show you all the places Jesus Christ is found in the Old Testament, See here:

www.charismamag.com/spirit/bible-study/15023-...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#161368 Feb 2, 2013
Sorry if I delete parts of your post, but it was very long, so I just kept the most important parts. Hope you don't mind. I'd like to tell you that it is better if you post only one argument at the time instead of giving many, because like that will be hard and superficial any corrispondence.
Ahmed wrote:
HOW COULD THE PROPHET,IF U SAY THAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN WROTE IT KNOW ABOUT THE 11 PLANETS AND ABOUT
I do only know about 8 planets, and the most of them are visible fromEarth by naked eye. So which eleven planets are you talking about? Do you have the chapter and verse so that anyone can read it?
Ahmed wrote:
If Mohamed (peace be on him) had authored the Quran, why would he honor and mention Mary (May Allah be pleased with her), the mother of Jesus (peace be on him) and NOT mention his own family members?

The Quran speak about of a lot of biblical people, not just Mary, and not for honor them, but to make a point. There is no need to call out Muhammad's parents.
Ahmed wrote:
"O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous" 2:21 ALSO HOW COULD MOHAMMED KNOW THE PROCESS OF CREATION OF A HUMAN,ALLAH SAID 12. And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).
13. Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge)(and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).
14. Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators. HOW COULD MOHAMMED SEEHOW A BABY WAS FORMED INSIDE A BELLY OF A MOTHER? IS THIS ENOUGH AS PROOF THAT MOHAMMED DIDN'T WROTE THE QURAN?
The embryology was copied from the works of Greek doctor named Galen and Hippocrates. In fact they made mistakes, and Quran contains the same mistakes.
http://answering-islam.net/Quran/Science/embr...

86:6-7 He is created from a drop emitted - proceeding from between the backbone and the ribs.

We know those verses are wrong since the semen, called a drop emitted, does not come from somewhere between the backbone and the ribs, but rather from testicoles. How can a god be so wrong?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#161369 Feb 2, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Did allah say that? No, wait, allah never talked to anyone! Not even mohammad!
Did Jesus himself say that he was God?

Location hidden

#161370 Feb 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, ANYONE can write a book and say that it is from God (that is why we have close to 100 or so Gospels!!).
But the problem is that Quran is only one!! and it given open challenge to whole humanity to bring another book like it. It is 1400 years and there is no taker to this challenge!!
Make you think a bit? ANYONE can write a book, but NO ONE can write Quran, or even one chapter like it!!
How dumb you people look , parading your own ignorance in front of every one.
The Quran is plagiarized, out of context, lacking of naration, no chronology of events, vague, filled with science-fiction ect. It is therefore difficult to follow as it leaves the readers confused while it jumps from story to story, with little background narration or explanation. So the Traditions,(i.e. Hadiths) are critical as they provide the context of place, circumstance, and time which otherwise would be lost. Basically, without the Hadith's the Quran is worthless, and the text of the hadith's is all hearsay, with no other proof of evidence to confirm its stories.

Allah wouldn't embrass himself and call Quran his word.

Listen to me and start to take historical evidences and/or use logical and intelligent argument to demolish the points of your antagonists, instead of picking as reference shallow books.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#161371 Feb 2, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
The Quran is plagiarized, out of context, lacking of naration, no chronology of events, vague, filled with science-fiction ect. It is therefore difficult to follow as it leaves the readers confused while it jumps from story to story, with little background narration or explanation. So the Traditions,(i.e. Hadiths) are critical as they provide the context of place, circumstance, and time which otherwise would be lost. Basically, without the Hadith's the Quran is worthless, and the text of the hadith's is all hearsay, with no other proof of evidence to confirm its stories.
Allah wouldn't embrass himself and call Quran his word.
Listen to me and start to take historical evidences and/or use logical and intelligent argument to demolish the points of your antagonists, instead of picking as reference shallow books.
Then it would be "all the easier" to plagiarise a zig zag, not chronological, riff raff of something in Arabic that can pass off as "Duplicate Quran".

Why no one took up the challenge in past 1400 years? Does it not look to you as strange?

So instead of describing all the faults of Quran, it would be easier to compose something "in a flash" would it not be?

So when we an expect a "New Quran" from you? In a few hours? A few days? A few months? A few years? Or next 1400 years?!!

As for Quran copying from Taurah and Injeel, let us listen to Quranic "Boast":

"Verily this Quran will explain most of the things on which these People of Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) have disputes..."

Not a small boast from a plagirized, riif raff, non chronologically arranged , book!!

bmz

Singapore

#161372 Feb 2, 2013
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
Basically, without the Hadith's the Quran is worthless, and the text of the hadith's is all hearsay, with no other proof of evidence to confirm its stories.
Classic from a worthless clueless fool!

Ignorant fool,

There were no Hadith books for 350-500 years. We look at Hadith under the scrutiny of Qur'aan just like we look at the New Testament under the scrutiny of the Torah.

Please humour me more. I like Italian humour, Made in Italy!

bmz

Singapore

#161373 Feb 2, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
From the Mouth of a Rabbi himself, let him show you all the places Jesus Christ is found in the Old Testament, See here:
Must be some fake or a Rabbi of the Messianic Jews aka Christians.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161374 Feb 2, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
allah does not talk to mohammad, only an angel.
and angel didnt revealed it by his own will, what ever in quran its from allah....And allah did talk with Muhammed in the night of MIHRAJ..and allah knows best.

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#161375 Feb 2, 2013
Paul WV wrote:
<quoted text>
Either you are dreaming are lying

proof bluffer ???????proof????

this is not bible to rewrite and release in version.

bmz

Singapore

#161376 Feb 2, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
His Torah is Truth, and in these verse Jesus the Son is revealed.
" Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.
The Prophet Daniel see Jesus and called him the very name which Jesus used Son of Man, and declared that he would rule the earth:
"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN (Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him. And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14).
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).
Proverbs and Daniel are not in the Torah, JP.
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161377 Feb 2, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be some fake or a Rabbi of the Messianic Jews aka Christians.
A Jew is a Jew is a Jew, and a Rabbi is Rabbi is a Rabbi. Why do you feel the need to contradict everything?
John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161378 Feb 2, 2013
From the Mouth of a Rabbi turned Messianic Jew, let him show you all the places Jesus Christ is found in the Old Testament, See here:

John Preacher

Ashburn, VA

#161379 Feb 2, 2013
From the Tanakh:
In these verses Jesus "the Son" is revealed.

Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or

(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with
trembling.
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put
their trust in him.

The Prophet Daniel see Jesus and called him the very name which
Jesus used "Son of Man", and declared that he would rule the earth:

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN
(Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of
days(Father), and they brought him near before him. And there was given
him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting
dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which
shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14).

This is the very same "Son" who will rule God's earthly government:

"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the
government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be
called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and
peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his
kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with
justice from hence forth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts
will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).

bmz

Singapore

#161380 Feb 2, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
<quoted text>
A Jew is a Jew is a Jew, and a Rabbi is Rabbi is a Rabbi. Why do you feel the need to contradict everything?
When I see misinformation and misreports, I quickly comment.

Any Rabbi, who accepts Jesus as the Messiah, is clearly not a real Jew.

The problem is that Messianic Jews aka the Christians call their fathers, Rabbis.

Messianic Judaism is actually Christianity trying to enter Israel through the backdoor. Centuries ago, the Church fooled the pagans and now, it is trying to fool the Jews in Israel but they remain alert.

bmz

Singapore

#161381 Feb 2, 2013
John Preacher wrote:
From the Tanakh:
In these verses Jesus "the Son" is revealed.
Proverbs 30:4 (700 B.C.): "Who hath ascended up into heaven or
(Psalm 2:11-12) Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with
trembling.
when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put
their trust in him.
The Prophet Daniel see Jesus and called him the very name which
Jesus used "Son of Man", and declared that he would rule the earth:
"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the SON OF MAN
(Jesus) came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of
days(Father), and they brought him near before him. And there was given
him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting
dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which
shall not be destroyed." (Daniel 7:13-14).
This is the very same "Son" who will rule God's earthly government:
"For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the
government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be
called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and
peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his
kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with
justice from hence forth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts
will perform this." (Isaiah 9:6-7).
Again the same stuff. I believe I had addressed that.

No one would be more pleased than I, if you can show me anyone calling Jesus, called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace, in the gospel/NT texts and any Church.

It is an extremely twisted and distorted translation and I really do not know the Liars, who did it.

It is ridiculous and absurd.

Location hidden

#161382 Feb 2, 2013
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Why no one took up the challenge in past 1400 years? Does it not look to you as strange?
There is no point to make that challenge if a Muslim is unable to recognize the flaws on its own book, the Quran.

More or less this is the position of Muslims: Like a mum would say his son is perfect, good ect, while in reality any son has its strong and weak points, but for its mother he's perfect.

If a group of people present to the mother a child that is better than her own, she will keep saying her son is better, and point out the flaws of the other child.

It's just a waste of time. Moreover how long have you been here? People have showed you all the mistakes in Quran. Sometimes you gave good answers, other time that answers were not so convincing. In other cases you escaped from the questions, or just said Allah knows best when you were speechless in front of the evident mistakes.
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text> As for Quran copying from Taurah and Injeel, let us listen to Quranic "Boast":
"Verily this Quran will explain most of the things on which these People of Book (i.e. Jews and Christians) have disputes..."
Not a small boast from a plagirized, riif raff, non chronologically arranged , book!!
What about the birth of Jesus that was taken from Infacy Gospels?
Allah confusing Gideon's story with Saul's one, and many others?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Million-Mummy Cemetery Unearthed in Egypt Dec 23 Binders Full of W... 2
Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Dec 23 iSland Olosega 1,971
Video: Drone footage shows damage Greenpeace di... Dec 21 Cordwainer Trout 2
Arab Girls from The Gulf region Dec 20 AMoroccanDude 1
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Dec 16 uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
More from around the web