Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 253510 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#157522 Jan 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
I don't hate "gentile Muslims," but rather pity the slaves of the Great Arabian Pretender, all victims of his enduring reign of terror.
Qur'an:8:12 "I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle."
Bukhari:V4B52N220 "Allah's Apostle said,'I have been made victorious with terror.'"
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken captive."

Qur'an:33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."
You just proved my conviction that Christianity, her scripture, her Church were brought up by lying polemicists, who raised and brought up polemic Christians on the basis of a lying culture. You are a perfect example of that lying culture.

You misquoted verse 33:26 truly like a lying Christian Father. LMAO!

The actual translation is: "and He brought down from their strongholds those of the followers of earlier revelation who had aided the aggressors, and cast terror into their hearts: some you slew, and some you made captive; "

And this verse demolishes Bukhari!

Note the verse says: SOME YOU SLEW AND SOME YOU MADE CAPTIVE.

So, there weren't many!
bmz

Singapore

#157523 Jan 5, 2013
CharlieDarwin wrote:
As long as we are keeping scores- Number of victims of Islam (estimated by historians)= 270 MILLION
Which ignorant fools came up with that ridiculous figure.

If it had been true, that would have been the real Holocaust! And you would be having Holocaust
Museums all over the world.

Hope you are not relying on the bloody fools Will Durant and Koenraad Elst.
bmz

Singapore

#157524 Jan 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Al-EX the Phallocentric,
I don't hate "gentile Muslims," but rather pity the slaves of the Great Arabian Pretender, all victims of his enduring reign of terror.
Qur'an:8:12 "I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle."
Bukhari:V4B52N220 "Allah's Apostle said,'I have been made victorious with terror.'"
Bukhari:V5B59N512 "The Prophet had their men killed, their children and woman taken captive."
Qur'an:33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."
I judged you for that silly and idiotic post, Buford.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to judge in one go.
george whyte

Grimsby, UK

#157525 Jan 5, 2013
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :

Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes

Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes

Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes

Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes

What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.

Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes

Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes

Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.

Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.

Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes

Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.

At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.

Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.

Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.

Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.

Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.

Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”

Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.

Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.

What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
george whyte

Grimsby, UK

#157526 Jan 5, 2013
Let us examine below some valid questions and answers :

Did the Pagan Arabs in pre-Islamic times worship 360 gods? Yes

Did the pagans Arabs worship the sun, moon and the stars? Yes

Did the Arabs built temples to the Moon-god? Yes

Did different Arab tribes give the Moon-god different names/titles? Yes

What were some of the names/titles? Sin, Hubul, Ilumquh, Al-ilah.

Was the title “al-ilah”(the god) used as the Moon-god? Yes

Was the word “Allah” derived from “al-ilah?” Yes

Was the pagan “Allah” a high god in a pantheon of deities? Yes.

Was he worshipped at the Kabah? Yes.

Was Allah only one of many Meccan gods? Yes

Did they place a statue of Hubul on top of the Kabah? Yes.

At that time was Hubul considered the Moon-god? Yes.

Was the Kabah thus the “house of the Moon-god”? Yes.

Did the name “Allah” eventually replace that of Hubul as the name of the Moon god? Yes.

Did they call the Kabah the “house of Allah”? Yes.

Were al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat called “the daughters of Allah”? Yes.

Yusuf Ali explains in fn. 5096, pg. 1445, that Lat, Uzza and Manat were known as “the daughters of God [Allah]”

Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes. In Surah 53:19-20.

Have those verses been “abrogated” out of the present Qur’an? Yes.

What were they called?“The Satanic Verses.”
bmz

Singapore

#157527 Jan 5, 2013
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder about the Zaqqum tree that grows in Islamic hell. Its fruit, shaped like devils' heads (Qur'an 37:65), is the food of those who die in disbelief of "Our verses," meaning the verses of Allah/Jibreel/Mohammad,(AJM) a.k.a., the Most Holy Trinity of Islam.
I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that in Islamic hell the dead disbelievers (Jews, Christians, Hindus, Zoroastrians, Rastafarians and Pastafarians, etc.) ALSO get to drink boiling water and have their skins burned off and replaced with new skins forever and ever and ever and ever...
The short of it is that AJM is VERY GOOD at inflicting cruel and unusual eternal punishments, or at least threatening them.
What happened is this:

Brother Jesus threatened people with hell and eternal damnation and fire, etc.

However, as usual he forgot to go into details as he wasn't given much information. Six hundred years later, Qur'aan gave the details through our Prophet.

Forget the fruit. Read the Revelation drug store for a bloodied lamb with seven horn and seven eyes. Sounds like a devil. Right?
bmz

Singapore

#157528 Jan 5, 2013
george whyte wrote:
Did the Qur’an at one point tell Muslims to worship al-Lat, al-Uzza and Manat? Yes.
Buford is the only lying Christian here. I do not wish to call you that.

Why did you not quote 5096? Here it is:

"C5096. To show Allah in human shape, or imagine sons or daughters of Allah, as if Allah were flesh, was in any case a derogation from the supreme glory of Allah, high above all creatures, even if the human shapes were invested with great beauty and majesty as in the Greek Pantheon. But when we consider in what low opinion Pagan Arabia held the female sex, it was particularly degrading to show Allah, or so-called daughters of Allah, in female shapes. "

What about 5097 from YA in his commentary?

" C5097. Cf. 7:71; 12:40 , n. 1693.

The divine names which they give to stocks and stones, or to heroes living or dead, or even to prophets and men of God, are but the creations of their own fancy. Whatever they were, they were not gods."

Who are the liars, who compiled that silly and idiotic list?

The only difference between the pagan Arabs and Christianity was that the pagan Arabs ascribed daughters to God, while the Christians, just like the pagans, ascribed a son to God.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#157529 Jan 5, 2013
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure I will Frijoles and you should tell buttboy not to involve you in helping him plant his one sided biased seeds of hate.
They killed non-gentiles in their millions and they do the same to Muslims now.
That does not mean they will not do the same to non-gentiles next time.
Please resd my past posts.
I have quoted from Pro non gentile sites as well as anti non- gentile sites.
There has always been a balance.
Remember this Frijoles, I have MANY close decent non-gentile family friends.
You know as well as I do, the behaviour of some thugs who have hijacked Palestine is causing most of the problems between the two semitic races.
To begin with, call us Jews. Thats what we call ourselves. Unless you are incapable of even that attempt of respect.

Then, perhaps, then, I might reconsider not labeling you a Jew hater.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#157530 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
These lines were also cooked up.
If you wish, I can do an exegesis of that part.
Oh you sick, sick thing.
Who cooked it up, Why, When, How?
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#157531 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened is this:
Brother Jesus threatened people with hell and eternal damnation and fire, etc.
However, as usual he forgot to go into details as he wasn't given much information.
WHY? WHY NOT? WHY DIDN'T ALLAH MAKE HIM?
Why didn't Allah send him back after saving him?....you stupid bluddy fool.

“M.A....Rise”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#157532 Jan 5, 2013
jesus is wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you sick, sick thing.
Who cooked it up, Why, When, How?
You must convert to islam, Islam is the absolute truth

Bible is full of contradictions and illogical things which tell us " its corrupted book and cant be trusted anymore"

Holy Quraan is the same since it was revealed.....Welcome to islam

Jesus is a prophet of ALLAH

Jesus was a muslim like me,we are the true followers of prophets

Location hidden

#157533 Jan 5, 2013
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles---You and Hughbe have something else in common.You both have this private vocab that you assume everyone elese is in tune with.
HughBe--- You and your god-men of Judaism have something else in common.You both have this private TWISTED vocab that you assume everyone else including God Almighty is in tune with.
Using scriptures ONLY define who is a Jew.
Using scriptures ONLY tell me if God made any covenants with a people called Israel/Jews.
Using scriptures ONLY tell me when did the seed of Israel become Israelites.
Here is help:"And Pharaoh sent, and, behold, there was not one of the cattle of the ISRAELITES dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people go." Exodus 9:7
Using basic common sense ONLY tell me who are Israelites.
Finally, quote the scripture that supports the idea that Jacob's name was changed to ISRAEL because of a COVENANT. In other words, demonstrate that the name Israel came about because of a COVENANT.
Nope

Location hidden

#157534 Jan 5, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text> You must convert to islam, Islam is the absolute truth
Bible is full of contradictions and illogical things which tell us " its corrupted book and cant be trusted anymore"
Holy Quraan is the same since it was revealed.....Welcome to islam
Jesus is a prophet of ALLAH
Jesus was a muslim like me,we are the true followers of prophets
Hows that revolution going?

Are you free yet?

Since: Dec 12

London, UK

#157535 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You just proved my conviction that Christianity, her scripture, her Church were brought up by lying polemicists, who raised and brought up polemic Christians on the basis of a lying culture. You are a perfect example of that lying culture.
The actual translation is: "and He brought down from their strongholds those of the followers of earlier revelation who had aided the aggressors, and cast terror into their hearts: some you slew, and some you made captive; "
So, there weren't many!
I like to be corrected if I am wrong but when we say 'some he slew and some he made captive' it does not mean they were few in numbers. The word 'some' in this case clearly means that a proportion of the vanquished were killed, in this case the males, and another proportion of the vanquished, women and children, were taken as captives. It does not refer to any specific numbers.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#157536 Jan 5, 2013
Egyptian_lad wrote:
<quoted text> You must convert to islam, Islam is the absolute truth
NO, NO, NO.
That is what you have been brainwahed into thinking.

All the Bible Contadictions have been answered and no longer exist. If you believe the Bible has been edited, why did they leave all the contradictions in? Give me a contradiction and I'll look for the answer.

I can show you a Quran that was translated in 1880 with the words 'It is He who made the earth FLAT for you...'. All later translations have the word 'SUBSERVIENT' where 'FLAT' should be, so don't tell me that Quran hasn't changed.

PROVE TO ME THAT BIBLE HAS BEEN CORRUPTED! Prove to me that someone had enough money to gather every biblical manuscript in the world, change it, then give it back unnoticed.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#157537 Jan 5, 2013
Who changed the Bible knowing that there were older Bibles in existence to prove it forged?

WHO WOULD BE THAT FKN STUPID????????

Any differences are honest errors of a translator.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#157538 Jan 5, 2013
When did they change it?
Was it before Muhammed reead it or after?

We have thousands of manuscripts older than MY-HAM-HEAD THAT AGREE WITH OUT BIBLES TODAY.
jesus is

Rowville, Australia

#157539 Jan 5, 2013
If the Bible was corrupted by the Jews after Jesus, why did the Christians not protest this change in scripture? And if it was the Christians corrupting the Bible, why did the Jews not protest? And if the Jews and Christians got together to change the Bible, why is there no record of this event?

The fact is, even the Qur’an makes no mention of changes in the Bible. All the Qur’an says is that the Jews and Christians didn’t obey what was written in their own scripture. It would be unreasonable for the Qur’an to say the Jews and Christians were not following their “corrupt” scriptures.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#157540 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, there weren't many!
Idiot,
What is the difference between "some" and "many?" No matter the number, the fact, "that no one can deny," is that your prophet was a MURDERER of captives.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#157541 Jan 5, 2013
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So, there weren't many!
http://quran.com/33/26

Sahih International
And He brought down those who supported them among the People of the Scripture from their fortresses and cast terror into their hearts [so that] a party you killed, and you took captive a party.

http://www.muslimaccess.com/quraan/arabic/033...

And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts.(So that) some ye slew, and some ye made prisoners.

http://www.masjidtucson.org/quran/noframes/ch...

He also brought down their allies among the people of the scripture from their secure positions, and threw terror into their hearts. Some of them you killed, and some you took captive.

http://www.usc.edu/org/cmje/religious-texts/q...

YUSUFALI: And those of the People of the Book who aided them - Allah did take them down from their strongholds and cast terror into their hearts.(So that) some ye slew, and some ye made prisoners.
PICKTHAL: And He brought those of the People of the Scripture who supported them down from their strongholds, and cast panic into their hearts. Some ye slew, and ye made captive some.
SHAKIR: And He drove down those of the followers of the Book who backed them from their fortresses and He cast awe into their hearts; some you killed and you took captive another part.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Preservation unit under probe - Hawaii News (Aug '09) 5 hr Georgina 45
News On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Unsealed (Jan '13) Jul 23 Antonia 4
News Tonga's Nukuleka, the birth place of Polynesia (Jan '08) Jul 5 Silencer 1,974
News Ruby Rose reveals John Wick 2 co-star Keanu Ree... Jul 4 Anna Romanovskaja 1
News Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Jun '16 MUQ2 194
News If Captain Cook's ship is found, whose is it? R... Jun '16 Hostis Publicus 24
News Who Is Allah? (Jul '08) May '16 Joel 13,168
More from around the web