Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments
146,801 - 146,820 of 199,618 Comments Last updated 5 min ago
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
To claim what you just said, first you have to know all men in this world, and only after that you can say to be among the most righteous or not.
HughBe-- Certainly you have a very strange concept of righteousness. Listen to me and understand,YOU are speaking to someone who is at least among the very BEST of men and I am no Jesus. I cannot be compared.
Pardon my modesty but I have a nasty habit of calling a spade a spade.

SC---To claim what you just said, first you have to know all men in this world, and only after that you can say to be among the most righteous or not

HughBe--- Really? I made no claim to be righteous. The essence of my assertion is that I have heard and read comments from RIGHTEOUS men and unrighteous men and the things that they say and do I would NEVER do and say. This forum is one example of somewhere where I have made my FACTUAL observation.

So once again, at the very least I am among the very BEST of men i.e. righteous and unrighteous.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe-- Certainly you have a very strange concept of righteousness. Listen to me and understand,YOU are speaking to someone who is at least among the very BEST of men and I am no Jesus. I cannot be compared.
Pardon my modesty but I have a nasty habit of calling a spade a spade.
SC---To claim what you just said, first you have to know all men in this world, and only after that you can say to be among the most righteous or not
HughBe--- Really? I made no claim to be righteous. The essence of my assertion is that I have heard and read comments from RIGHTEOUS men and unrighteous men and the things that they say and do I would NEVER do and say. This forum is one example of somewhere where I have made my FACTUAL observation.
So once again, at the very least I am among the very BEST of men i.e. righteous and unrighteous.
Dear HughBe hope you are well.
I take my hat off to you for dealing with SC in a very diplomatic manner!
I am find his convoluted, deluded, paranoid approach without an ounce of contrition, a stumbling block to any sensible discussion with him!
All the best
Alex.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
I was making some real observation concerning worship of G-d of Abraham/Noah and how it has been "adulterated" or has been glossed over by men:
"1- One lot of Abrahamaic people "effectively" believe that "their god" favours only them on the basis of their race/tribe/blood and that their god wants all gentiles utterly destroyed for worshipping "other" gods.
"2- One lot of Abrahamaic people "effectively" believe that the gentile-hating god came in non-gentile human form as his own son to die for the sins of non-gentiles and gentiles!
"3- One lot of Abrahamaic people believe that they cannot own the God who loves sustains all creation. They "effectively" believe that pious people irrespective of their race/colour/nation end up getting promoted in the hereafter! They also believe that God has no equals and that G-od has no son god or daughter god.
You know you are wrong to refer to the last lot as Noahide because "Noahidism" of today is a fudge. It is just a second class compartment going nowhere. It is a cop out to make people forget the heavy proselytizing that went on long before Jesus under one category of Abrahamaics.
Honest Paul (the Pharisee?) tried a cut down version of it to hook the gentiles who are now convinced that they are born sinners!
The Chinese have an important part to play in this. Which one of the above three will accept the Chinese?
We need a bit of honesty. You are unwilling to admit that you belong to category 1.
If you are honest you will come out and say it loud.
God loves those who are honest.
(Let me put it another way...which category do you belong to?)
Like I said, your whole point was to be divisive and derogatory. You fail to recognize the beliefs of others that fulfill category 3.

And, don't talk to me about fudge factor. You have built it into your category 3. What does pious mean? I can tell you what pious means to us because we have adopted a definition of the 7 principles. But what does it mean to you. You have offered no definition of pious. For all we know, pious to you would eliminate all persons who are not devout believers in Islam. There's that fudge factor. At least we have spelled out what "pious" means to us.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
It really does not matter because he is a lightweight whose efforts are further thwarted by his language issues.
He jumps to conclusions without bothering to read posts properly.
He will never admit that he is wrong when on three occasions he was exposed as a liar with the use of links.
Yes, I am guilty of teasing him a bit, but no malice intended!
There is that ethnocentrism of yours rearing its ugly head. He has no language issues. Why do you expect an Italian to speak perfect English. Why don't you converse with him in Italian.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear HughBe hope you are well.
I take my hat off to you for dealing with SC in a very diplomatic manner!
I am find his convoluted, deluded, paranoid approach without an ounce of contrition, a stumbling block to any sensible discussion with him!
All the best
Alex.
Greetings Alex, let me say thanks for the kind words. I have not read many of SC's posts but I shall be paying closer attention to them, from now on.

Take care
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
You will burn in hell.
Thus saith the LORD!

Take your meds.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
You are referring to Muslims as mohamamdans.
As a matter of fact, Muslims ARE Mohammadans by MUSLIM definition, because any and all MONOTHEISTS who reject the Arab Spelunker as a false prophet will go to Islamic hell when they die.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You will burn in hell.
You know why...you are deliberately referring to the Holy Quran as koran.
You are referring to Muslims as mohamamdans.
You really are an ignorant fool who picks rubbish from antio muslim sites.
No matter how many times we clarify it..you come back with a load of tripe.
Why don't you take a hike?
Until you learn to refer to the Quran as Quran and Muslims as Muslims you can get lost.
Your attitude is just like your Master and Commander Mohammad's, the only difference being that he could and did order the murders of his opponents.
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
-Why not?
<quoted text>
Looking at your criteria down here, then you should add Christians as well. All of you believe in the god of Abraham, and all of you have main differences. So either all of you don't believe in the same god or all of you believe in the same one. You cannot keep two and left one out.
Moreover don't you know that just recently the Turkey has sanctioned the private local broacaster Cnbc-e for blasphemy, because they have showed in a episode God (a Christian version of) offering a drink, I think coffee, to Satan?
What's the reason to sanction them if it's not about the same god?
<quoted text>
If you want to put the discourse on the level of acceptation, then I have to remember you that Jews don't accept Friday as holy day, don't practise Ramadan and they are not prohibited to drink alcohol. Have your god told you to follow the 613 mitzvot? So obviously using your own standard neither Jews and Muslims follow the same god.
<quoted text>
I guess is that Maseehee messiah or messianic? Nasaara may mean Nazarene? If it's so the difference may be on belief level between the two.
<quoted text>
You know well that any practicing Jews will disagree wit you. If your god is not YHVH then you and/or Muslims believe into another god.
<quoted text>
Actually even Christians believe in that god, but the point seems to be that Christianity and Islam draw origin from Judaism, but one religion made up its doctrine from hearsay and distortions, and corrupted books, while the other was developed from a criminal mind.
Not impressed! Just a few relevant points:

Maseehee is the Arabic word for Christian and yes it came from Maseeh in Arabic, for the English equivalent Messiah.

Nasaara has nothing to do with Nazarene or Nazareth or Nazarite.

YHWH or YHVH or Yahweh is NO name. Check it out from members of the Jewish faith and those, who know the real Hebrew, not the Hebrew4Christians.

Yahweh simply means "He, the one" or "He who is".
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay Injeel, whats the big deal between gospel/bible/injeel? Are we getting into verbal gymnastics here?
Actually, you are the one, who always engages in verbal gymnastics.

Oh, it IS a big deal, simply because Jesus did not come with a book or did not bring a book or gave a book.

It would be hilarious to say that he gave the Bible or any of the gospels. That is why I say that the translators' choice of the word Gospel for Injeel, is not right, as it gives the impression as if Jesus gave those gospels.

Injeel simply means wisdom and knowledge granted to Jesus. Other prophets/messengers were guided by God through revelations. Jesus used his own brain to teach and discuss. And that is the reason you never see God talking to Jesus in Christian scripture or sending him revelations.

Another reason for not talking to him and for not sending any revelations or scripture to him, was that the Scripture of God, in the form of Torah, was already in place.

bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
I have given you guys a contradiction to solve between 2:62 & 4:150-151, and instead of solving it, you guys are going on a tailspin trying to define Christianity.
Didn't you quote the verse, which had the word Christians in it? And then, didn't you mention that you have married a White Christian woman? Nobody is trying to define Christianity. It will automatically pop up during discussions.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
Let me tell you someting. The authors of the Koran had no clue whatsoever, that the previous scriptures were all a product of the human mind. The Koran says Allah/God revealed the Torah to Moses - bullocks!! There was no Torah before 500BC. The person writing the Koran did not what the hell he was writing. There is no historical evidence that any of the "prophets" mentioned in the Koran even existed maybe except for "David" existed.
Who told you that there was no Torah before 500BC? The people just did not come up with a book in a flash after 500 BC.

What makes you think that David may have existed? Did you find him mentioned elsewhere in History?

That is why I have told you many times that all the past events came through the generations of people, who were in the region. The subject of History and the historians arrived long, long after.
Same goes for archaeologists.
bmz

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

Judged:

Mahmood wrote:
You people fail to realize how people back in those days were prone to create and repeat impossible myths. Instead of using your brains and thinking clearly and asking for evidence, you swallow all this bull&shit without question.
YOU PEOPLE have no brains. Neither you nor your historians were there, when those events took place but the ancestors of particular people were there. So, I can easily reject historians, who came very late and missed the boat.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2012

JB wrote:
01. You see MUQ, this is where your limited intelligence comes to the surface for all to see.

You mention WW1,WW2, the colonization of Australia and other silly things as being caused by followers of Christ.

Show me your data proving that Christians following in the foot steps of the message of Christ started and caused both world wars ?

Go on show us all, are you saying that the two world wars were a religious wars of Christians trying to take over the world ?

02. You see when I mention the atrocities committed by muslims I know it was by muslims because they yell to everyone that they are muslims, they yell things like Allah ackba as there killing in your prophets name, they defend there actions and abominations by reciting passages of your death manual as justification of there crimes on humanity.

03. What does WW1 & 2 have to do with Christians following the message of love and tolerance as preach by the one true prophet ..Jesus ?

04. You see, people cant kill in Jesus name because no where in history has Jesus ever condoned any form of violence.....ever. in fact if you were to strike someone for insulting Jesus he would condemn you for the act of violence.

05. Unlike your Mohammed who ...as you well no, as it was your greatest muslim leaders who recorded the actions of Mohammed commanding anyone who insulted him to be tortured or killed......a practice that you muslims still do today.
Ans.

Your post is perfect example of “Double Standard” that you people use, one for your self and another for Islam and Muslims.

A. Atrocities of Christians and Christian Nations:

01. If so called “Christian nations and Christian people” call blood shed and anarchy in the world and kill and enslave millions of people…. You say it is their “Individual act”.

02. You ask people to open your Gospels and show where Jesus said and allowed such acts, so these people did these acts themselves and the blame does not lie with either Jesus and Christianity.

03. Now I ask you, how you deal with people who did all those “anti Christian” activities? Are they condemned or treated as “heroes” in your society? As a Christian you should condemn their acts and try to remove their statues and the eulogies which are sung for them.

04. If you do not do such things, but enjoy the “fruits” of their evil deeds, then it shows that you are “partners” with them

B. Atrocities of Muslims:

5. But when it comes to Muslims, you link every non Islamic act done by any Muslim as based on the teaching of Quran and our prophet.

6. Just because some one shouts ALLH AKBAR at committing some Non Islamic or Anti Islamic act, you “confirm” that this is what Islam teaches.

7. You should use the same standard which you used for Christians and provide where Quranic and Islamic teachings are to kill innocent men, women and children.

C. Conclusion:

This double standard is what is causing so much problem in the world. If every one was to condemn and punish their side of criminals, thing would improve to a large degree.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Maseehee is the Arabic word for Christian and yes it came from Maseeh in Arabic, for the English equivalent Messiah.
YHWH or YHVH or Yahweh is NO name. Check it out from members of the Jewish faith and those, who know the real Hebrew, not the Hebrew4Christians.
Leaving aside the fact that in the Tanakh YHVH told to Moses to not take the name of the lord, his god in vain, and that he (god) will punish anyone who'll use its name in vain. And also leave aside that the Jews whenever they found the name of their god, they used and still use nicknames like adonai, hashem ect to not write or pronunce YHVH.

I have told you many times to ask to the Jews of this forum to tell you if their god has a name, but you never asked it, because you know they will confirm what I have been saying to you untill now.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
So what's the origin of the word Nasaara?
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, your whole point was to be divisive and derogatory. You fail to recognize the beliefs of others that fulfill category 3.
And, don't talk to me about fudge factor. You have built it into your category 3. What does pious mean? I can tell you what pious means to us because we have adopted a definition of the 7 principles. But what does it mean to you. You have offered no definition of pious. For all we know, pious to you would eliminate all persons who are not devout believers in Islam. There's that fudge factor. At least we have spelled out what "pious" means to us.
Touched a nerve again eh?
"Pious" is NOT eliminating others or committing suicides!!!!
The more "alive" the merrier!!!
Holy Prophet Muhammed Pbuh did not "die" for religion, he LIVED for it.
Pious is simply submitting to the Will of "God of Everything created" and following a few simple rules that God has laid down for ALL humans irrespective or race/colour/tribe/nation!!!!
*** Division is embedded in Category 1 while unity of all mankind starts at category 2, by good hearted, yet misguided people and gets fulfilled in Category 3
***Let me put you on the spot.
- Do you think that you belong to Category 1, 2 or 3? or a Noahide?
- Come on honest man. Tell us!
***Noahidism is a fudge because people in category 1 are not interested in adding others to their "privileged" (12x12000) group! So they made up a 7 point fourth class club for the losers to join!
***Prove me wrong.
-How does a gentile member of category 2 or 3, join Category 1 as a fully paid up member?
***I was making some real observation concerning worship of G-d of Abraham/Noah and how it has been "adulterated" or has been glossed over by men:
"1- One lot of Abrahamaic people "effectively" believe that "their god" favours only them on the basis of their race/tribe/blood and that their god wants all gentiles utterly destroyed for worshipping "other" gods.
"2- One lot of Abrahamaic people "effectively" believe that the gentile-hating god came in non-gentile human form as his own son to die for the sins of non-gentiles and gentiles!
"3- One lot of Abrahamaic people believe that they cannot own the God who loves sustains all creation. They "effectively" believe that pious people irrespective of their race/colour/nation end up getting promoted in the hereafter! They also believe that God has no equals and that G-od has no son god or daughter god.
You know you are wrong to refer to the last lot as Noahide because "Noahidism" of today is a fudge. It is just a second class compartment going nowhere. It is a cop out to make people forget the heavy proselytizing that went on long before Jesus under one category of Abrahamaics.
Honest Paul (the Pharisee?) tried a cut down version of it to hook the gentiles who are now convinced that they are born sinners!
The Chinese have an important part to play in this. Which one of the above three will accept the Chinese?
We need a bit of honesty. You are unwilling to admit that you belong to category 1.
If you are honest you will come out and say it loud.
God loves those who are honest.
(Let me put it another way...which category do you belong to?)
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
There is that ethnocentrism of yours rearing its ugly head. He has no language issues. Why do you expect an Italian to speak perfect English. Why don't you converse with him in Italian.
Sorry dear Eric.
This is an English thread and that chap needs to stop attacking my English.

I wouldn't dare challenge his Italian if I happen to be dealing with him in his language. We can try Yiddish one day.

The sooner he makes an effort to get to grips with my "complex" English, the better (He will benefit)!
I can teach that poor fellow a few good things.
May God guide him.
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Pious is simply submitting to the Will of "God of Everything created" and following a few simple rules that God has laid down for ALL humans irrespective or race/colour/tribe/nation!!!!
We're listening. Don't dodge the question. What are the few simple rules? Jews have identified these rules. They can be pointed out in our scriptures. "Fill the room with your intelligence."
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>

-How does a gentile ...join ... as a fully paid up member?
The same way Ruth did.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••