Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 Full story: The Brussels Journal 202,034

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Full Story
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155576 Dec 6, 2012
uhuh wrote:
"All the sages agreed that Job was an Israelite. This must be so, for how could he be a gentile prophet, because Moses prayed that the shechinah should not rest upon gentiles and God granted his request, as Scripture says,'We have been distinguished -I and Thy people- from all the people who are on the face of the earth'(Exo 33:16)" (Baba Batra 15b)
gentiles do not deserve a prophet of their own, god is prejudiced and discriminatory
rabbee: then how do you explain the one alleged as Elijah? Who is always a Teeshbeet, and has never been considered as an alleged jew*. i am sorry but i am not buying your statement, since there are others like Enoch, Noach, and Avraham, Who are not considered as jews* either. as it appears, that all you here on earth are prejudiced and discriminatory. as you look at things, through your own prejudiced and discriminatory eyes. as you avoid all the facts, for the sake of your selective prejudice.
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#155577 Dec 6, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Alex had written: " "All" Jews and Christians don't believe in the SAME Almighty God.
If you don't know the difference why not first ask a reputable Jewish Rabbi? "
He was right in saying that. Members of the Jewish faith do not believe in the Christians' God.
You know that well. Right?
All I do know is that the all Jews and Christians are monotheists believing in one almighty creator. The Koran tells us that the same Allah revealed the Gospels and the Torah. Unfortunately the author of the Koran was unaware that there was no Torah and Bible to begin with. All these books were conjured up and penned by humans.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155578 Dec 6, 2012
uhuh wrote:
Job & friends; Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, Zophar the Naamathite, and Elihu the Buzite were non-Israelite prophets
in their dialogues in the Book of Job, God is called Eloah, not YHWH; Torah/Law, the Temple/Tabernacle are never mentioned either
rabbee: oh hell! you can't even get, the name Yovel right. why should i believe anything else, you have had fabricated for you to be wrong?

and there is somthing dreadfully wrong, when every name in scripture is screwed up, except muhammeds in fabricated muslem scripture. now why would not the devil, that has changed all the other names, not change muhammed's too? sounds suspicious, even to me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#155579 Dec 6, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims.
The Nazarene was not that righteous either...
SC---Nevertheless Muhammad is considered to be more righteous and pious than the Nazarene.

HughBe--- Who holds such a view? Usually in the REAL world one cannot be more righteous than He/Jesus who has no unrighteousness.

SC---Muslims.

HughBe--- Good for them. Do you know that I can fly? The doctrine in question is as "truthful" and "real" as my claim that I can fly.

SC---The Nazarene was not that righteous either...

HughBe-- Certainly you have a very strange concept of righteousness. Listen to me and understand,YOU are speaking to someone who is at least among the very BEST of men and I am no Jesus. I cannot be compared.

Pardon my modesty but I have a nasty habit of calling a spade a spade.
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#155580 Dec 6, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
then how do you explain the one alleged as Elijah? Who is always a Teeshbeet, and has never been considered as an alleged Jew.
interesting, Rabbi
however, "Tishbite" means that he was born in Tishbe, a place near Kedesh-Naphtali (Tobit 1:2)
the sages said he belonged to the tribe of Gad
so no, Elijah wasn't a gentile as Christians would like to believe
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
i am sorry but i am not buying your statement, since there are others like Enoch, Noach, and Avraham, who are not considered as Jews either.
but Rabbi, there was no distinction between Israelites and gentiles before Jacob/Israel
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155581 Dec 6, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm I think the leaders of all the three major abrahamic religion say they all believe in the same god.

Even the Quran say Christian, Jews and Muslims believe in Allah, and you are against your never wrong book.

Do you think Allah and YHVH are the same god?
How can you think like that?

Only the Jews and Muslims believe in the same God.

Christians believe in a triune God, which neither the Jews nor the Muslims accept. Even many Christians do not accept that triune God. Then there are Christians, who say that Jesus is God.

The word Christian in Arabic, is Maseehee. Qur'aan uses the term Nasaara for the true followers of Jesus.

YHVH is no God and not the name of God.

I would say Allah is the same as El (pronounced as Ellah) or Hashem of the Jews. How many times do I have to broadcast that Muslims believe in the God of Abraham?
bmz

Singapore

#155582 Dec 6, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
All I do know is that the all Jews and Christians are monotheists believing in one almighty creator. The Koran tells us that the same Allah revealed the Gospels and the Torah. Unfortunately the author of the Koran was unaware that there was no Torah and Bible to begin with. All these books were conjured up and penned by humans.
Qur'aan does not mention the word Gospels at all. It talks about Torah granted to Moses and Injeel granted to Jesus. And Injeel cannot be many books written by men. You just contradicted yourself.

Translators' use of that word does not mean that Jesus came with four Gospels, written by men after he was long gone. Right?

Ever heard of anything such as, Qur'aan, According to ABC, Qur'aan, According to XYZ?
bmz

Singapore

#155583 Dec 6, 2012
HughBe wrote:
SC---The Nazarene was not that righteous either...

HughBe-- Certainly you have a very strange concept of righteousness. Listen to me and understand,YOU are speaking to someone who is at least among the very BEST of men and I am no Jesus. I cannot be compared.

Well said, HughBe

SC considers himself the best white-washed tomb. lol!

Have a good day. It is good night from me.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155584 Dec 6, 2012
uhuh wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting, Rabbi
however, "Tishbite" means that he was born in Tishbe, a place near Kedesh-Naphtali (Tobit 1:2)
the sages said he belonged to the tribe of Gad
so no, Elijah wasn't a gentile as Christians would like to believe
<quoted text>
but Rabbi, there was no distinction between Israelites and gentiles before Jacob/Israel
rabbee: teeshbeets means; dwellers. they were they were/are the righteous dwellers in Ysrael. hence: righteous gentiles. and you can't even get the name Yaachov or Ysraelees right, why should i believe anything else you have to say

and there is a reason why the book of tobeet, is in the catholic bible and not even included in the tanach. as i hate to tell you why, the new testament in the tanach is not even included in TheTorah.

and no! i do not consider, catholics as sages either. in fact if this world today, teaches it. then it, is a lie somehow. even the fact that global warming and G-D'S anger at this world today, are increasing at the exact same precise rate.

as a matter of fact, all pestilence, plague and famine, also seem to be increasing at the exact same rate as G-D'S anger. no matter how many scientific excuses you have, that don't say G-D is really, really, really getting pissed.
SeasideSoo

Fortson, GA

#155585 Dec 6, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155587 Dec 6, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians believe in a triune God, which neither the Jews nor the Muslims accept. Even many Christians do not accept that triune God. Then there are Christians, who say that Jesus is God.
The word Christian in Arabic, is Maseehee. Qur'aan uses the term Nasaara for the true followers of Jesus.
I would say Allah is the same as El (pronounced as Ellah) or Hashem of the Jews. How many times do I have to broadcast that Muslims believe in the God of Abraham?
rabbee: well the g-d of abraham, is not TheG-D of Avraham now is IT? an the g-d of ishmael, is not TheG-D of Eeshmael. because the devil, is always the liar somehow.

everytime you agree to alter origional scripture, you enable a false g-d to decieve you. every time you write a new testament, you enable a false g-d/s. and is why i even, reject the tanach.

i do not need any of your, gnostic new testaments. after G-D gave TheWhole Accounting for all seven days. because G-D has never changed how this Story of Creation actually happens. that alleged as men, allow to only be changed in their own corrupted minds.

G-D is giving the exact same Story of Creation again. and your minds have been altered, by the enemy of G-D to reject being here in IT.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155588 Dec 6, 2012
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
To claim what you just said, first you have to know all men in this world, and only after that you can say to be among the most righteous or not.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155589 Dec 6, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh come on! muslems and jews, don't even use the same lies. how can a house divided, be for the same tribaal g-d/s? i believe TheG-D, WHO came to speak to me, as TheHisMale Child adam.

and i do not accept any of you, as true to G-D here in TheStory of Creation again. and i right now, may not be as pissed at all of you, and your grandmother sarah faye ann carney as G-D. but give me some more of you hard time, cause i am getting there.

as the last thing i want to be, is in chrage of this insane assylum against G-D. with all your divided houses, indicating way to many other g-ds. with all of you, helping the same old devil decieve your grandmother again. with her as the only way here in scripture, i can could of been decieved for a while.

with all of you, just had to do the devil's job for him again. with all of you, out whitewashing the devils fence for him. in this, whole morally bankrupt world. this whole world has a problem, because you all are the problem against G-D.

so when G-D, comes to visit with me again. i haven't one nice thing to say to THEM, about any of you or your grandmother right now. you can't even imagine, how embarassing you all are to your grandfather adam here again in ThisStory of Creation. as now i understand, why G-D keeps getting angrier at all of you.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155590 Dec 6, 2012
and to think, that washingtn dc, is not the only snow job causing globaal warming. the truly decieved, so you can become a true deciever.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155591 Dec 6, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
-Why not?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking at your criteria down here, then you should add Christians as well. All of you believe in the god of Abraham, and all of you have main differences. So either all of you don't believe in the same god or all of you believe in the same one. You cannot keep two and left one out.

Moreover don't you know that just recently the Turkey has sanctioned the private local broacaster Cnbc-e for blasphemy, because they have showed in a episode God (a Christian version of) offering a drink, I think coffee, to Satan?
What's the reason to sanction them if it's not about the same god?
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to put the discourse on the level of acceptation, then I have to remember you that Jews don't accept Friday as holy day, don't practise Ramadan and they are not prohibited to drink alcohol. Have your god told you to follow the 613 mitzvot? So obviously using your own standard neither Jews and Muslims follow the same god.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess is that Maseehee messiah or messianic? Nasaara may mean Nazarene? If it's so the difference may be on belief level between the two.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
You know well that any practicing Jews will disagree wit you. If your god is not YHVH then you and/or Muslims believe into another god.
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually even Christians believe in that god, but the point seems to be that Christianity and Islam draw origin from Judaism, but one religion made up its doctrine from hearsay and distortions, and corrupted books, while the other was developed from a criminal mind.
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#155592 Dec 6, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Qur'aan does not mention the word Gospels at all. It talks about Torah granted to Moses and Injeel granted to Jesus. And Injeel cannot be many books written by men. You just contradicted yourself.
Translators' use of that word does not mean that Jesus came with four Gospels, written by men after he was long gone. Right?
Ever heard of anything such as, Qur'aan, According to ABC, Qur'aan, According to XYZ?
Okay Injeel, whats the big deal between gospel/bible/injeel? Are we getting into verbal gymnastics here? I have given you guys a contradiction to solve between 2:62 & 4:150-151, and instead of solving it, you guys are going on a tailspin trying to define Christianity.

Let me tell you someting. The authors of the Koran had no clue whatsoever, that the previous scriptures were all a product of the human mind. The Koran says Allah/God revealed the Torah to Moses - bullocks!! There was no Torah before 500BC. The person writing the Koran did not what the hell he was writing. There is no historical evidence that any of the "prophets" mentioned in the Koran even existed maybe except for "David" existed.

You people fail to realize how people back in those days were prone to create and repeat impossible myths. Instead of using your brains and thinking clearly and asking for evidence, you swallow all this bull&shit without question.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155593 Dec 6, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Looking at your criteria down here, then you should add Christians as well. All of you believe in the god of Abraham, and all of you have main differences. So either all of you don't believe in the same god or all of you believe in the same one. You cannot keep two and left one out.
Moreover don't you know that just recently the Turkey has sanctioned the private local broacaster Cnbc-e for blasphemy, because they have showed in a episode God (a Christian version of) offering a drink, I think coffee, to Satan?
What's the reason to sanction them if it's not about the same god?
<quoted text>
If you want to put the discourse on the level of acceptation, then I have to remember you that Jews don't accept Friday as holy day, don't practise Ramadan and they are not prohibited to drink alcohol. Have your god told you to follow the 613 mitzvot? So obviously using your own standard neither Jews and Muslims follow the same god.
<quoted text>
I guess is that Maseehee messiah or messianic? Nasaara may mean Nazarene? If it's so the difference may be on belief level between the two.
<quoted text>
You know well that any practicing Jews will disagree wit you. If your god is not YHVH then you and/or Muslims believe into another god.
<quoted text>
Actually even Christians believe in that god, but the point seems to be that Christianity and Islam draw origin from Judaism, but one religion made up its doctrine from hearsay and distortions, and corrupted books, while the other was developed from a criminal mind.
Surely this chap is mentally unstable.
Who is Jesus?
Man or God?
Let the fool answer it first.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155594 Dec 6, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah aka God may not be the father of Jesus but he supposedly the almighty creator which Jews and Christians believe in. 2:62 says nothing about which brand of Christian, Jews, or Sabians. It refers to Christians and Jews in general. No need to talk to a Rabbi because no Jew has ever believed Mohammad.
-"May" not be the father of Jesus? Who says that? You or Christian?
Muslims categorically say God is NOT Jesus' Father.

- Do "Christians" believe in God the Son?

- You NEED to talk to Rabbi, because no Jew who practises Judaism as his religion, has ever believed Jesus either!

- I have given all the answers but you cannot understand it.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#155595 Dec 6, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm I think the leaders of all the three major abrahamic religion say they all believe in the same god. Even the Quran say Christian, Jews and Muslims believe in Allah, and you are against your never wrong book.
Do you think Allah and YHVH are the same god?
Give it a rest stefanny!
Either your English is appalling or you are a retard or both.
What you "think" is not worth a lot but let's enjoy this banter anyway...

Does Quran say Christians believe in Allah or does it say Christians "who" believe in Allah....?

Here is a surprising revelation, if you can prove me wrong I would appreciate it.

- One lot of Abrahamaic people "effectively" believe that "their god" favours only them on the basis of their race/tribe/blood and that their god wants all gentiles utterly destroyed for worshipping "other" gods.

- One lot of Abrahamaic people "effectively" believe that the gentile-hating god came in non-gentile human form as his own son to die for the sins of non-gentiles and gentiles!

- One lot of Abrahamaic people believe that they cannot own the God who loves sustains all creation. They "effectively" believe that pious people irrespective of their race/colour/nation end up getting promoted in the hereafter! They also believe that God has no equals and that God has no son god or daughter god.

Name them!
Eric

Lombard, IL

#155596 Dec 6, 2012
MUQ wrote:
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-1
Chapter- Opening Statement.....
(Abridged)
You will note that 2 of us have sought to engage MUQ in conversation concerning the Barnabas excerpts--without success.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kurt Simmons: Verbal inspiration and inerrancy ... Mon eee 1
Buddha bowl return request gets louder Sun Min 44
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Sep 12 Rabbeen Al Jihad 44
Jim Long: Noahide, Archaeologist, Filmmaker Sep 12 Yenda Rinderpest 1
5 horrific things that can haunt your finances Sep 5 THE BAR is RICO 1
Boy stumbles upon an ancient arrowhead Aug 27 MUQ1 1
Greek archaeologists enter large underground tomb Aug 27 MUQ1 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••