Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 230728 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Mahmood

Mississauga, Canada

#155563 Dec 5, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not speaking the truth.
"All" Jews and Christians don't believe in the SAME Almighty God.
If you don't know the difference why not first ask a reputable Jewish Rabbi?
Allah is not the father of Jesus.
I have already started giving you the various categories of those who "believe" in Allah and "disbelieve" in Allah.
Allah aka God may not be the father of Jesus but he supposedly the almighty creator which Jews and Christians believe in. 2:62 says nothing about which brand of Christian, Jews, or Sabians. It refers to Christians and Jews in general. No need to talk to a Rabbi because no Jew has ever believed Mohammad.
MUQ

Jubail, Saudi Arabia

#155564 Dec 5, 2012
Excerpts from the Gospel of Barnabas, Part-1

Chapter- Opening Statement

Barnabas, apostle of Jesus the Nazarene, called Christ, to all them that dwell upon the earth desireth peace and consolation.

Dearly beloved the great and wonderful God hath during these past days visited us by his prophet Jesus Christ in great mercy of teaching and miracles, by reason whereof many, being deceived of Satan, under presence of piety, are preaching most impious doctrine, calling Jesus son of God, repudiating the circumcision ordained of God for ever, and permitting every unclean meat: among whom also Paul hath been deceived, whereof I speak not without grief; for which cause I am writing that truth which I have seen and heard, in the intercourse that I have had with Jesus, in order that ye may be saved, and not be deceived of Satan and perish in the judgment of God.

Therefore beware of every one that preacheth unto you new doctrine contrary to that which I write, that ye may be saved eternally. The great God be with you and guard you from Satan and from every evil. Amen.

Note: Here in the Opening Statement Barnabas clearly states his purpose of writing this Gospel. Barnabas and Paul parted company soon after the famous council of Jerusalem which was held when Paul’s teaching were causing alarms to the original disciples of Jesus.

Further in the Gospel Barnabas tells that Jesus himself asked him to write his teachings. This is totally different from what we find in the four canonical Gospels, where none of the author claims that Jesus asked them to write those books.

(Abridged)
bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

#155565 Dec 5, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
Allah aka God may not be the father of Jesus but he supposedly the almighty creator which Jews and Christians believe in. 2:62 says nothing about which brand of Christian, Jews, or Sabians. It refers to Christians and Jews in general. No need to talk to a Rabbi because no Jew has ever believed Mohammad.
Actually, Alex had written: " "All" Jews and Christians don't believe in the SAME Almighty God.
If you don't know the difference why not first ask a reputable Jewish Rabbi? "

He was right in saying that. Members of the Jewish faith do not believe in the Christians' God.

You know that well. Right?
bmz

Singapore

#155566 Dec 5, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it reflects your true beliefs about "BJ."
No!
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155567 Dec 5, 2012
bmz wrote:
No!
Confirmed: bmz of Singapore is a liar.
bmz

Singapore

#155568 Dec 6, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>Confirmed: bmz of Singapore is a liar.
lol!

You know well that I love the son of Mary, my dearest mother. So, how can you call me a liar? I am not Paul of Tarsus.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

#155569 Dec 6, 2012
Gospel of Barnabas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gospel_of_Barnab...

The Gospel of Barnabas is a book depicting the life of Jesus, and claiming to be by Jesus' disciple Barnabas, who in this work is one of the twelve apostles. Two manuscripts are known to have existed, both dated to the late 16th century and written respectively in Italian and in Spanish—although the Spanish manuscript is now lost, its text surviving only in a partial 18th-century transcript. Barnabas is about the same length as the four Canonical gospels put together, with the bulk being devoted to an account of Jesus' ministry, much of it harmonized from accounts also found in the canonical gospels. In some key respects, it conforms to the Islamic interpretation of Christian origins and contradicts the New Testament teachings of Christianity.

This Gospel is considered by the majority of academics, including Christians and some Muslims (such as Abbas el-Akkad) to be late and pseudepigraphical; however, some academics suggest that it may contain some remnants of an earlier apocryphal work (perhaps Gnostic, Ebionite or Diatessaronic, redacted to bring it more in line with Islamic doctrine. Some Muslims consider the surviving versions as transmitting a suppressed apostolic original. Some Islamic organizations cite it in support of the Islamic view of Jesus.

This work should not be confused with the surviving Epistle of Barnabas,(1) nor with the surviving Acts of Barnabas.{2)

1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epistle_of_Barna...
2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acts_of_Barnabas

Textual history

The earliest document mentioning a Barnabas gospel which is generally agreed to correspond with the one found in the two known manuscripts is reported to be contained in Morisco manuscript BNM MS 9653 in Madrid, written about 1634 by Ibrahim al-Taybili in Tunisia. While describing how the Bible predicts Muhammad, he speaks of the "Gospel of Saint Barnabas where one can find the light" ("y así mismo en Evangelio de San Bernabé, donde se hallará la luz"). The first published account of the Gospel was in 1717, when a brief reference to the Spanish text is found in De religione Mohamedica by Adriaan Reeland; and then in 1718, a much more detailed description of the Italian text by the Irish deist John Toland. Both Italian and Spanish texts are referred to in 1734 by George Sale in The Preliminary Discourse to the Koran.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155570 Dec 6, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: well according to scripture, and what G-D came and said to me. me and this woman are, now the ex-nasarene. causeing me to figure out," hey! wait a minute. this is exactly, the same story as the last time YOU! gave it." kind of embarassing, when even i do not even recognze myself in this second coming too.
Do you have a world mission in this second coming?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#155571 Dec 6, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Alex had written: " "All" Jews and Christians don't believe in the SAME Almighty God.
He was right in saying that. Members of the Jewish faith do not believe in the Christians' God.
Hmm I think the leaders of all the three major abrahamic religion say they all believe in the same god. Even the Quran say Christian, Jews and Muslims believe in Allah, and you are against your never wrong book.

Do you think Allah and YHVH are the same god?
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#155572 Dec 6, 2012
"All the sages agreed that Job was an Israelite. This must be so, for how could he be a gentile prophet, because Moses prayed that the shechinah should not rest upon gentiles and God granted his request, as Scripture says,'We have been distinguished -I and Thy people- from all the people who are on the face of the earth'(Exo 33:16)" (Baba Batra 15b)

gentiles do not deserve a prophet of their own, god is prejudiced and discriminatory
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#155573 Dec 6, 2012
in the Sira, the Jews of Medina said "There are no prophets among Arabs"
a gentile prophet, is just impossible, must be rejected
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#155574 Dec 6, 2012
Job & friends; Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, Zophar the Naamathite, and Elihu the Buzite were non-Israelite prophets
in their dialogues in the Book of Job, God is called Eloah, not YHWH; Torah/Law, the Temple/Tabernacle are never mentioned either
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155575 Dec 6, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have a world mission in this second coming?
rabbee: exactly the same, as last time. with all you nobodies here, in TheStory of Creation again. with only adam and his mate, to beguin with again. kind of looks like G-D, is preparing to give the whole Story of Creation again. cause this world, ain't as smart as they are indoctrinated.

cause all the people, in this Story of Creation all vanished themselves. as people have become extinct, and there are only all you talking critters against the command of G-D again. so i guess G-D, is going to continue, to give this Story of Creation again. until there are people here in TheTorah, without all the talking critter not here in TheTorah acts.

cause i guess the subtle devils, did not have any trouble. convincing you all. that you could not possibly be here in, TheStory of Creation from G-D again. since it is too hard on your brains, to chew gum and talk about G-D at the same time. more or less believe in G-D, and your worldly religions of the domesticated beasts at the same time.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155576 Dec 6, 2012
uhuh wrote:
"All the sages agreed that Job was an Israelite. This must be so, for how could he be a gentile prophet, because Moses prayed that the shechinah should not rest upon gentiles and God granted his request, as Scripture says,'We have been distinguished -I and Thy people- from all the people who are on the face of the earth'(Exo 33:16)" (Baba Batra 15b)
gentiles do not deserve a prophet of their own, god is prejudiced and discriminatory
rabbee: then how do you explain the one alleged as Elijah? Who is always a Teeshbeet, and has never been considered as an alleged jew*. i am sorry but i am not buying your statement, since there are others like Enoch, Noach, and Avraham, Who are not considered as jews* either. as it appears, that all you here on earth are prejudiced and discriminatory. as you look at things, through your own prejudiced and discriminatory eyes. as you avoid all the facts, for the sake of your selective prejudice.
Mahmood

Woodstock, Canada

#155577 Dec 6, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
All I do know is that the all Jews and Christians are monotheists believing in one almighty creator. The Koran tells us that the same Allah revealed the Gospels and the Torah. Unfortunately the author of the Koran was unaware that there was no Torah and Bible to begin with. All these books were conjured up and penned by humans.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#155578 Dec 6, 2012
uhuh wrote:
Job & friends; Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, Zophar the Naamathite, and Elihu the Buzite were non-Israelite prophets
in their dialogues in the Book of Job, God is called Eloah, not YHWH; Torah/Law, the Temple/Tabernacle are never mentioned either
rabbee: oh hell! you can't even get, the name Yovel right. why should i believe anything else, you have had fabricated for you to be wrong?

and there is somthing dreadfully wrong, when every name in scripture is screwed up, except muhammeds in fabricated muslem scripture. now why would not the devil, that has changed all the other names, not change muhammed's too? sounds suspicious, even to me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#155579 Dec 6, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Muslims.
The Nazarene was not that righteous either...
SC---Nevertheless Muhammad is considered to be more righteous and pious than the Nazarene.

HughBe--- Who holds such a view? Usually in the REAL world one cannot be more righteous than He/Jesus who has no unrighteousness.

SC---Muslims.

HughBe--- Good for them. Do you know that I can fly? The doctrine in question is as "truthful" and "real" as my claim that I can fly.

SC---The Nazarene was not that righteous either...

HughBe-- Certainly you have a very strange concept of righteousness. Listen to me and understand,YOU are speaking to someone who is at least among the very BEST of men and I am no Jesus. I cannot be compared.

Pardon my modesty but I have a nasty habit of calling a spade a spade.
uhuh

Sevilla, Spain

#155580 Dec 6, 2012
then how do you explain the one alleged as Elijah? Who is always a Teeshbeet, and has never been considered as an alleged Jew.
interesting, Rabbi
however, "Tishbite" means that he was born in Tishbe, a place near Kedesh-Naphtali (Tobit 1:2)
the sages said he belonged to the tribe of Gad
so no, Elijah wasn't a gentile as Christians would like to believe
i am sorry but i am not buying your statement, since there are others like Enoch, Noach, and Avraham, who are not considered as Jews either.
but Rabbi, there was no distinction between Israelites and gentiles before Jacob/Israel
bmz

Singapore

#155581 Dec 6, 2012
STEFANO COLONNA wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm I think the leaders of all the three major abrahamic religion say they all believe in the same god.

Even the Quran say Christian, Jews and Muslims believe in Allah, and you are against your never wrong book.

Do you think Allah and YHVH are the same god?
How can you think like that?

Only the Jews and Muslims believe in the same God.

Christians believe in a triune God, which neither the Jews nor the Muslims accept. Even many Christians do not accept that triune God. Then there are Christians, who say that Jesus is God.

The word Christian in Arabic, is Maseehee. Qur'aan uses the term Nasaara for the true followers of Jesus.

YHVH is no God and not the name of God.

I would say Allah is the same as El (pronounced as Ellah) or Hashem of the Jews. How many times do I have to broadcast that Muslims believe in the God of Abraham?
bmz

Singapore

#155582 Dec 6, 2012
Mahmood wrote:
<quoted text>
All I do know is that the all Jews and Christians are monotheists believing in one almighty creator. The Koran tells us that the same Allah revealed the Gospels and the Torah. Unfortunately the author of the Koran was unaware that there was no Torah and Bible to begin with. All these books were conjured up and penned by humans.
Qur'aan does not mention the word Gospels at all. It talks about Torah granted to Moses and Injeel granted to Jesus. And Injeel cannot be many books written by men. You just contradicted yourself.

Translators' use of that word does not mean that Jesus came with four Gospels, written by men after he was long gone. Right?

Ever heard of anything such as, Qur'aan, According to ABC, Qur'aan, According to XYZ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News St. Augustine 450 9 hr Redeemed 4
News UPDATED: Archaeological dig reveals remnants of... Aug 26 The Duffy Agenda ... 3
News Islamic State militants behead archaeologist in... Aug 19 flame of truth 16
News Archaeological dig on Dundas Street unearths 18... Aug 12 Rover 1
News Proof of Trump's charity giving elusive Aug 11 Giving Grief 3
News Confederate flags placed at Martin Luther King'... Jul '15 DieShadowHelix 1
News Customs officials crack down on Pakistan's mill... (Aug '12) Jul '15 mICHEAL 24
More from around the web