Who Is Allah?

Aug 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Brussels Journal

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Comments (Page 7,316)

Showing posts 146,301 - 146,320 of193,596
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Shield

West Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D
HughBe---The truth is I am not speaking about myself and so you are incorrect in what you have said. Your other point about trying to make God look guilty is also an error.
I think that your problem is that what I am saying to you is new and so you need a little time to digest and think about it.
Read my comments again, see below.
Rabbee---: G-D does NOT, give ALLOWANCES to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.
HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind.(Put it this way He ALLOWED Satan to afflict Job and this contradicts your point)
I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.(My point is valid given that He "is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels")
Rabbee---all physical events, are under G-D'S PRECISE control
HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.(Again my point is valid, UNLESS God likes the EVIL in this world. I have a problem with your idea of PRECISE CONTROL for may reasons including this one"Thou/God art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity")
YOU will burn in hell
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Shield wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU will burn in hell
I look forward to it.
ya heba

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

waky95 wrote:
And from among [God's] signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down in worship to the sun or to the moon, but bow down to the God (Allah) who created them, if it is truly Him you serve.(Quran, 41:37)
How much clearer could the Quran be? This single verse is enough to refute the entire moon-god theory: the Quran, the holy book of Islam, categorically forbids worship of the moon. Although this verse does indicate that moon-worship existed in pre-Islamic Arabia, it should be remembered that the moon was but one of many objects the pagan Arabs worshiped and the Quran categorically rejected and forbade such worship. Allah was not the moon according to Islamic theory; rather, He created the moon, along with the sun, the stars, and everything else.
Your Lord is God (Allah), who created the heavens and earth in six Days, then established Himself on the throne; He makes the night cover the day in swift pursuit; He created the sun, moon, and stars to be subservient to His command; all creation and command belong to Him. Exalted be God, Lord of all the worlds!(Quran, 7:54)
It is He (God) who made the sun a lamp, and the moon a light.(Quran, 10:5)
It is God (Allah) who raised up the heavens with no visible supports and then established Himself on the throne; He has subjected the sun and the moon each to pursue its course for an appointed time; He regulates all things…(Quran, 13:2)
It is He (Allah) who created night and day, the sun and the moon, each floating in its orbit.(Quran, 21:33)
They ask you about the crescent moons. Say:“They are time-marks for the people and help determine the time of Hajj (pilgrimage).”(Quran, 2:189)
[God] made the sun and the moon for reckoning time.(Quran, 6:96)
Phases and Time: The Moon has played a vital role in the formation of our Calendar. The word "month" comes from a root word "moon" or "moonth," the time it takes the Moon to go from New Moon to New Moon. A close look at the history of the Calendar can be found at the NASA/Goddard Space Flight Center.
http://astronomyonline.org/SolarSystem/MoonIn...
It seems like the Quran’s understanding of the moon is pretty spot-on: the moon helps calculate the months of the year.
paganism was introduced to those Arabs at the time when they have long forgotten and strayed from the religion of prophet Ibrahim (AS) by Amr ibn/bin Luhai.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: and your backward thinking, trying to make yourself look innocent. and trying to make G-D look guilty, is a sin against G-D
HughBe---The truth is I am not speaking about myself and so you are incorrect in what you have said. Your other point about trying to make God look guilty is also an error.
I think that your problem is that what I am saying to you is new and so you need a little time to digest and think about it.
Read my comments again, see below.
Rabbee---: G-D does NOT, give ALLOWANCES to angels, or Angels. G-D is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels.
HughBe--- If you say so. By the way, the story of Job pops into my mind.(Put it this way He ALLOWED Satan to afflict Job and this contradicts your point)
I take it that God directs all the evil on earth as well as the evil of Satan.(My point is valid given that He "is in precise control of all of TheAngels and angels")
HughBe-- If you are correct, I would call it LACK of CONTROL given that He HATES EVIL.(Again my point is valid, UNLESS God likes the EVIL in this world. I have a problem with your idea of PRECISE CONTROL for may reasons including this one"Thou/God art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity")
rabbee: i don't care what any one says, G-D is right. and you are presuming, that G-D has lied to me. and i am telling you, that you got it backwards. i cannot accept that G-D is the liar, that you all actually are.

and i do believe, that my having, three actual audiences with G-D. over-rules your, having none.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

bmz wrote:
Ok, Frijoles, enough for today. I have to go to bed now. Have a good day.
I just wish to tell you that if you put Israeli leaders to a Lie Detector test, the machine will print out immediately upon the first contact, "'Liars!' Disconnect immediately. No need to test!"
For the Palestinians, the machine will analyze and print out "Angry men".
rabbee: no! that, is not true. if anyone actually, believes in the lies they have been brainwashed with. a lie detector, will not regester it as a lie. truth tends to be relative to the source of the truth. no matter how untrue, it is to G-D.
Brigette

Southall, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Alex123 aka WM wrote:
A brief history of Israel
1897: Zionism gets established
Jews have been scattered around Europe and Russia for centuries. However, they were never welcome anywhere, except for brief periods. Not surprisingly, many Jews dreamed of having their own nation.
In 1897 Theodor Herzl officially announced the creation of the Zionist movement. The goal of Zionism was to create a nation for Jews in Palestine. Their goal was not to make friends around the world, nor to love other nations or other people.
The problem they faced was that the Arabs who were living there had no desire to give it up. Also, Turkey had control of Palestine of this time, and Turkey refused to give any part of Palestine to the Jews.
A few Jews moved into Palestine at this time, but only in small numbers were allowed in, and they could not take the land for their own nation.
The Arabs were not concerned when the first few Jews arrived. The Arabs did not realize what was coming up in the future, just as the Native Americans did not realize what was happening when the Pilgrims landed on their shore. Only after a few years, when the quantity of Jews increased, did the Arabs become angry.
There were a few Jews then and now there are millions.
This is illegal occupation by foreigners.
They must leave or get back to the tiny state they were before blaming the neighbours to justify their land theft
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Brigette wrote:
<quoted text>
They must leave or get back to the tiny state they were before blaming the neighbours to justify their land theft
The Israelis can't help it if the Arabs started a war they didn't win. They had 2/3 of the old protectorate but wanted the 1/3 also. They lost. They refused to negotiate peace even when the Israelis offered to negotiate repatriation and borders in the early 1950's.
Broque

France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Lol a bunch of shameless land thieves set up an illegal state haram state of their own. And the whole world support them!!
Eric

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Broque wrote:
Lol a bunch of shameless land thieves set up an illegal state haram state of their own. And the whole world support them!!
What's even more interesting is that what they are asking for now (1967 borders) is way less than what they had in 1948. It's less than what was offered in the 1950's in exchange for a promise of peace.

What an awful, awful waste of life. Think how many died for nothing. Think how many suffered for nothing.
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

The model land thief for Muslims everywhere and for all time was Mohammad/Allah.

Qur'an:33:26 "Allah made the Jews leave their homes by terrorizing them so that you killed some and made many captive. And He made you inherit their lands, their homes, and their wealth. He gave you a country you had not traversed before."
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
What's even more interesting is that what they are asking for now (1967 borders) is way less than what they had in 1948. It's less than what was offered in the 1950's in exchange for a promise of peace.
What an awful, awful waste of life. Think how many died for nothing. Think how many suffered for nothing.
The most hateful thought of all for Muslims was that Jews -those cursed descendants of apes and pigs- should exercise rule over them. That's NOT how Mohammad envisioned "the divine scheme of things."
Chaoo Chaoo-ah

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Judged:

Go ahead negotiate and compromise with thieves and brigands who come in droves to steal your land.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Brigette wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: so are you a follower of hasatan G-D hates, or baal hamolech G-D also hates. cause it don't appear you are a follower of halooseefer, G-D hates also. cause you most certainly, are not following what G-D is having done. and the foriegners, are who G-D says are the illegal aliens. no matter what you, demonicly think is true against G-D.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Chaoo Chaoo-ah wrote:
Go ahead negotiate and compromise with thieves and brigands who come in droves to steal your land.
Texas history is harsh, I agree.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The governor was not murdered by the government and neither was the girl attacked by the government. The persons, who did that, were miserable Bs.
Public opinion in Israel is not 100% in favour of the Israeli regime. I know that well.
Freedom of speech has nothing to do with isolated incidents of killing.
The monetary aid should stop. I consider that a heinous crime. Why does Israel need aid, if it has a good economy? Why does Egypt need aid? Let them work hard and make money. I consider monetary aid a bribery and corruption. China closed her doors for thirty years and has become the richest country through hard work.
If you keep on giving fish to people, every day, they will not work hard. They will wait for you and fish. Instead teach them how to fish!
ANd neither is israeli public opinion 100% behind your video or behind your friends.

Like I said, a lot of it is not aid, it is treaty obligations.

And for the rest of it (the aid) the US benefits immensely benefits militarily (an actually ALLY) and economically (by law a lot of that aid has to be spent buying American products). It always has been a win/win. Bromides that are floating around in the anti-Israeli press dont always work.
Frijoles

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
Frijoles, the figures are bloated. The British Prime Minister made it 40,000, when it was not even 20,000.
The Arab rulers against Asad, are as bad as the Western leaders. Politically, both are in each other's pockets.
You asked a very good question. I cannot blame the entire West for all the miseries in the region.
However, I do blame the British for all the mess that they sowed and created in the region. And I blame America for foolishly carrying the baton or Britain's babies after the British lost their power and might after WWII.
Do you know who created Arab states and appointed bloody fools as heads and who they sided with just for their own gains?
You are reaping what the British sowed!
Before the Brits, there was the Ottomans. And now there is the Iranians, It really never ends.

The real question - still not answered - is less from the historical and more from the contemporary Israeli point of view:

How do you negotiate "peace" with an entity whose sole reason for existing is to destroy you?
Buford

Hurricane, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Peace Through Superior Firepower
http://logicalconclusion.net/wp-content/uploa...

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Buford wrote:
Peace Through Superior Firepower
http://logicalconclusion.net/wp-content/uploa...
Excellent!

That is what all should do. I will send the link to Hamas, Hizbullah and Iran.

By the way, Iran has worked very hard on achieving superior firepower. This would help in achieving peace, as suggested by the link provided by your goodself.

Thanks, Buford.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i don't care what any one says, G-D is right. and you are presuming, that G-D has lied to me. and i am telling you, that you got it backwards. i cannot accept that G-D is the liar, that you all actually are.
and i do believe, that my having, three actual audiences with G-D. over-rules your, having none.

HughBe-- The scripture says of God "Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity".

Please reconcile the passage with your PRECISE control.

Do YOU hold your government accounatble for CRIME levels etc? If so why?

bmz

Since: Mar 08

Singapore

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Judged:

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ANd neither is israeli public opinion 100% behind your video or behind your friends.
Like I said, a lot of it is not aid, it is treaty obligations.
And for the rest of it (the aid) the US benefits immensely benefits militarily (an actually ALLY) and economically (by law a lot of that aid has to be spent buying American products). It always has been a win/win. Bromides that are floating around in the anti-Israeli press dont always work.
Of course, Israeli public opinion is not behind me or my Jewish friends but to say that all the Israelis are 100% behind this regime, is absurd.

Was the aid a part of the peace agreement? That is not a treaty obligation. That aid is a bribery.

Bromides would have never floated, if the US had any advantage in trade. Israel is costing the US about USD 20 billion minimum per year. Please dig it out. Official is USD 3 billion and USD 17 billion is under the table. Please check out the trade deficits.

Question: What is something great that this ally done for the US?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 146,301 - 146,320 of193,596
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anthropology Discussions

Search the Anthropology Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blackbeard's Booty 12 hr Ed Teach 3
Sydney-Bali Thu jeck 3
Before 'Noah': Myths of the Flood Are Far Older... Thu True Christian witness 28
Oxford centre to conduct scientific study of re... (Feb '08) Apr 16 John 35
Polyandry: Gender Laser Apr 13 Abishai100 1
Serbia Experts Use Heavy Machinery to Move Mammoth Apr 13 sava 2
Ancient Egyptian coffin found in Israel Apr 13 Kyana McCoy 1
•••
•••
•••
•••