New Aztec bridge design to increase project cost

Feb 25, 2013 Full story: Ruidoso News

Engineers are reevaluating the design of a pedestrian bridge that will link trail systems within the city of Aztec to protect unexcavated archaeological sites and alleviate flooding concerns.

Full Story
Bryan

Los Alamos, NM

#1 Feb 25, 2013
I think a news-sniffer worm has latched onto the wrong story. This is about the small town of Aztec, NM (which also happens to be my home town). The only archaeological tie-in is the director of Aztec Ruins Nat'l Monument has asked for assurance the bridge won't disturb any archaeological sites.
Hardly worthy of "front-page" status on this forum.
But if you ever find yourself in Northwestern NM do check out Aztec Ruins. It's a small site but it does have a fully restored Kiva and ruins from several different occupations.
Aldo Both

Old Lyme, CT

#2 Mar 5, 2013
Look, do you read this forum? So much bullshit pops up at this site it could fill all the kivas in all the ruins near the Rio Grande. Hardly a day goes by without an article or 4 from Bulgaria's state-operated newspaper heaping praises on their chief archaeologist for finding his fecking shoes in the morning. Or some clown weighing in about the Mayan diaspora to the Georgia hills -- which is unlikely but by no means impossible, but definitely, very definitely, not at Mt. Baldy or whatever the hell it's called. And absolutely no discussion about, say, the Solutrean Hypothesis or the linguistic or genetic developments that suggest an even older and more complex version of the peopling of the new world. So whatever it is this article is about, it definitely is worthy of front-page status. It's all front-page status all the time here at Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 55 min Shamma 207,170
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Tue uiha 5
Stonemason James Vieira of Ashfield studies &#x... (Dec '12) Dec 9 sam 5
Alleged Dead Sea Scrolls Looters Indicted Dec 9 How Stuff Works 1
Oldest Metal Object in Middle East Discovered Dec 8 Bill 1
Locked Away for Years, Skeleton's Secrets Rewri... Dec 7 Buhboo 1
Tiberias Region Dec 7 Mike 1
More from around the web