Origin of Hindu Brahmins

Aug 1, 2008 Full story: Dienekes' Anthropology Blog 187

Sengupta et al. suggest a Paleolithic/Neolithic, pre-Indo-European, origin of most Hindu Y chromosomes.

Full Story
shivgandi durgamata randi

Santa Clara, CA

#25 Jun 27, 2009
Abey hindu KAFIRO Subak lo M.jacson se jish ne apne gunhao se toba kar islam accept karlia and apne Lia the heaven ko book karli he.
Ye super singer 16 nov 2008 mai islam mai born hua.ye singer ush date ka subse kamiyab aadmi tha. Come 2 islam and Book the heaven

Since: Oct 08

Sterling Heights, MI

#26 Jun 27, 2009
shivgandi durgamata randi wrote:
Abey hindu KAFIRO Subak lo M.jacson se jish ne apne gunhao se toba kar islam accept karlia and apne Lia the heaven ko book karli he.
Ye super singer 16 nov 2008 mai islam mai born hua.ye singer ush date ka subse kamiyab aadmi tha. Come 2 islam and Book the heaven
hahaha... a better way to advertise could be something like this...aao jee aao meri dukan te aao te vadiya maal lai jao
Manian_Hindu

India

#27 Jun 30, 2009
shivgandi durgamata randi wrote:
Come 2 islam and Book the heaven
I could find Heaven in the face of Iraqi and Afghanistani Muslims.

Long Live Bush!
shivgandi durgamata randi

Santa Clara, CA

#28 Jul 2, 2009
a chutia banao stories... NARMADA NADI ki paidaish bhagwan shiv ki body se hui.ek din shiv ne lokhit mai tapashia ki.tap karte time usko bahut paseina aa raha tha.uske paseina se pura parvat bheig gaya aur ish paseina se narmada nadi utpan hui.. ye he hindu ke kahani kisse jo very very dramatic he.enki har nadi ke saath koi na koi drama he.india ka desert shiv ki kharish khujli se utpan hua.in hinduo ke bhagwan sex bhi karte he and inke dushman bhi hote he aur wo hatiyaar bhi rakhte he taki koi dushman nukshan na pauhcha sake.iska matlab ye he ki ye gods gandu hote he.devi durga ke 8or10 hands hote he aur sabhi handso mai hatiyaar hote he. kali mata ke bare mai ek kahavat he ki ek mullaji ne uski gand mai danda kardia tha jis karan kali ke jeebh mouth se out hogai the.
muslim khan

Beijing, China

#29 Jul 2, 2009
Maderchodo muslimo tumhari ammi ko chodu jumme k din savai khila k. . .
ravi

New Delhi, India

#30 Jul 3, 2009
let me tell you there is not a single valid hindu in india
the term hindu means a person who acknowledges 33 crore gods and goddesses in a country like india where 70 % lives in villages majority would barely know how to cross a thousand in counting numbers and you expect them to know,remember and worship 33 crore entities ,even the most learned hindu pandit cannot name all of them
amman

New Delhi, India

#31 Jul 3, 2009
all muslim brothers do you know the origin of the quran it was given by prophet mohammed why?
because there were fierce infighting between the arabic tribes with lot of bloodshed and inorderly behaviour so the prophet took upon himself to calm down the warriors he asked them to abstain from sins like murder,etc. and alcohol
so that once you die you can go to heaven and get 72 virgins and have endless bouts of alcohol
why does this religion tell you to abstain from things on earth so that you can get plentiful in heaven
well i dont think that it is the right religion
well if you believe in allah then you are saved and if you make the mistake
of not believing in him then you should be bombed and killed
well you are not the guardians of the planet earth and have no right to take lives of people
if you are a true mussalman (jiska imaan kayam rahe under any circumstance)then you should know that all men are creations of the Almighty and He will never want anybody to destroy that He has created
YOU SHOULD LEARN TO GIVE YOUR LIVES FOR PEACE INSTEAD OF TAKING LIVES FOR NON BELIEF
ANY RELIGION THAT TEACHES YOU THAT
IS THE RIGHT RELIGION !!!!!!!!!
Anonymous Springfield MA

Feeding Hills, MA

#33 Jan 10, 2010
I am a north-western brahmin of kaundinya gotra with R2 haplogroup. It is nice to know someone else belonging to the same gotra with R2 haplogroup
Anonymous wrote:
I am a brahmin of kaudinya gotra. I belong to r2 haplogroup. It is my understanding that some parsi males also belong to this haplogroup. If one reads the bhavishya puran, it mentions that maga priests were brought into the hindu fold. This happened that the foreign tribes such as indo-scythian, indo-parthians, & smartians, etc started to migrate into north-western india some 2500 years ago. Thus, I firmly believe that priests belonging to different Aryan races came together to classify themselves as brahmins. This could be the reason why brahmins of different regions preferred not to marry with one another. After all, aryanism of northwestern south asia & central asia comprised of various races. Prior to that, brahmins, who lived along the banks of Saraswati, migrated to UP, Bihar, & Southern India as the river dried up. Therefore, every type of brahmin group has a story of their past.
Atlas

Mumbai, India

#34 Jan 13, 2010
A Brahaman is a man who performes religious rituls,impart religious education to others & is a scholar of philosphy.Therefore Brahamans are in all religions ,Imam,maulvi ,mufti in Islam.Pop,priest in Christians,Lama in budhism,Gayani in Sikhism.
Proud pathan

Sydney, Australia

#35 Jan 13, 2010
I don't know the ritual different in practice of bramins. But phisical apperence of almost all hindus are same. most of them are damm shit, dark and ugly, lot of so called baman and rajputs are also same , i know a lot of braman , most of them have ugly appereance like rest of hindus.
Atlas

Mumbai, India

#36 Jan 13, 2010
Appeareance of a person is related to his native geographical area ,it is not related to religion.Christians of Europe & rest of the world differ very much in appereance. Muslims of Arab are different from (african,malasian,mangol,paki, indian) other muslims in their apperaence.Hindues of north,south,north east,south east are different in appereance.
Iyer girl

Blackburn, Australia

#37 Jan 20, 2010
observer wrote:
I have met a large share of south indian brahmins. I went to an iyengar matriculation school. They all look like other dravidians. I can't tell apart a dravidian brahmin and a regular dravidian.
You know why? Because many Iyengars are not really brahmin at all. When Ramanujar wanted to draw people to Vaishnavism, he converted many non-brahmims and simply labelled them 'Iyengar'. Thus, there is a lot of non-brahmin mixing in the Iyengar sect, and they cannot be rightfully brahmins.

Iyers are the true brahmins.
Amardeep Mukherjee

Kolkata, India

#38 Jan 22, 2010
Old magi wrote:
Anyways,I would be happy even if it is proven than my origin is asian or african .I would be happy anyways.
Peace peace peace.
brahminism is more of a culture & education passed 4m generation 2 generation dan d bloodline....just as u can never get converted 2 a hindu u can only b born 1 same applies 4 brahminism
yuri

Mumbai, India

#40 Jan 23, 2010
The Hindus believe that the caste that one is born into is based on the karma and dharma of one's previous birth. A good karma and dharma will ensure that one is born into a higher caste in one's next life. Otherwise, one could be punished by being born into a lower caste, or even as an animal!
yuri

Mumbai, India

#41 Jan 23, 2010
Brahmins were "created from the mouth of Brahma" (the chief god), so that they might instruct mankind. Since knowledge is the only thing that remains with a person throughout life, Brahmins, as teachers, were highly respected. The Brahmins conducted the daily rites, the purification ceremonies, sacrifices, and taught the Vedas.

After childhood, their lives were divided into four stages. During the "student period" of adolescence they studied under a guru (or teacher). About age 20 they entered the "householder stage" by taking a wife and raising family. This was up to the age of 50. Then they began old age as "forest dwellers" up to the age of 70. They lived simply away from society in the forest, performed sacrifices, and prepared to renounce all worldly associations. Finally they renounced wealth and worldly pleasures. They were completely detached from the rest of the world giving up even family ties. Instead, they sought alms ("begged") from householders and spent their time meditating trying to achieve salvation.
yuri

Mumbai, India

#42 Jan 23, 2010
Since they were the teachers, preachers and priests they had to be skilled in sacred knowledge of the Vedas, or holy texts. They had to maintain a strict code of conduct and exemplify ideal behavior. They were to be kind and gentle. For this, they earned certain privileges and were treated almost like gods by commoners and kings alike. Only a priest could partake of the sacrifices and eat the remains of the sacrifices, for no one else was thought to be holy enough to eat the divine leftovers.

At first, a person became a Brahmin because he knew the Vedas. In time, the Brahmins began interpreting laws to their own advantage to maintain their privileges. Because of their moral authority, they were unchecked. So only the Brahmins were allowed to read and teach the Vedas. They monopolized the privilege of priesthood in the later Vedic period. They also established that one was born into a caste, which could not be changed except to be outcaste, the lowest of the castes. This practice still survives until today.

Brahmins spoke Sanskrit, the language of the holy books.

takken

Hangzhou, China

#43 Jan 23, 2010
yuri wrote:
Brahmins were "created from the mouth of Brahma" (the chief god), so that they might instruct mankind.
They were completely detached from the rest of the world giving up even family ties. Instead, they sought alms ("begged") from householders and spent their time meditating trying to achieve salvation.
This all has symbolic meaning perhaps. Creating from mind means blessed with the spiritual knowledge and they will be able to speak the wisdom proclaimed in vedas. The men are judged according to their deeds. Read panchtantra stories and you will be able to find the fact that kings are judge according to the profession they choose. Later on, there were some strict and strange altercations introduced by brahmins in insecurity to keep them at the superior level in the society. Moreover, karma or your deeds is what define you.
iyn

Bangalore, India

#44 Feb 7, 2010
Iyer girl wrote:
<quoted text>
You know why? Because many Iyengars are not really brahmin at all. When Ramanujar wanted to draw people to Vaishnavism, he converted many non-brahmims and simply labelled them 'Iyengar'. Thus, there is a lot of non-brahmin mixing in the Iyengar sect, and they cannot be rightfully brahmins.
Iyers are the true brahmins.
Iyengars are muchg better looking than the iyers. Most iyengars are fairer then the iyers. Admitted all of us are mixed, but iyer s have higher proportion
Clean_slate

Canton, MI

#45 Feb 7, 2010
We are in 2010 and still Indians are hating each other. My grandfather may have done good karma, but certainly I should not take credit for it. Similarly if bad things have been donee by our ancestors then we should not get the blame as well.

Whether hindus/buddhists/christians/mu slims.. suppressed us in the past should only be used for educating ourseleves of the mistakes they committed so as to not be reapeat by us. Buddhism ruled India for more than 1200 years, and India had the opportunity to get rid of every other religion. But that was not the case. India not only tolerates every faith but also ACCEPTS it. India's motto is "LIVE AND LET LIVE HAPPILY." If people choose otherwise, then it is their free will.
I do not think our current situation must be blamed on Hindus-Brahmins included, Muslims, Buddhists, or Christians ... We should be glad that our ancestors fought for our freeedom and liberated us. Why become slaves to our narrow mindedness. Let us start with a CLEAN SLATE and move forward. Let us LOVE EVERYONE. Rememeber when we hate others we hate ourselves.

My love to you all. PEACE!
peace

Los Angeles, CA

#46 Feb 7, 2010
Clean_slate wrote:
India not only tolerates every faith but also ACCEPTS it.....motto is "LIVE AND LET LIVE HAPPILY."
Yes exactly brother. Religion should be to unite. Whatever discriminates one human from another, whatever creates hatred can never be a religion.

Religion should be the science and an open book. You can read it and get the benefits in your life and hereafter. It should be faith, that anybody can come, learn good things and leave without changing their religion.

Religion should not compel and kill the infidels and apostates. Religion should not be a political tool to claim possessions and lands.

Religion should concentrate on correcting the character of the individual. His deeds, speech and thoughts. Coz in the end - religion is just a science of faith in the almighty - which rewards you here and hereafter.

Hope the God brings the light of knowledge to the humanity.
Hope the God brings the open mind to comprehend the knowledge.
Hope the God brings peace to the humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 33 min El Cid 211,868
Lost Forever Isis militants smash ancient artif... 14 hr Eleanor 1
Dead Sea Scrolls, Ancient Artifacts to Be Displ... Feb 22 dollarsbill 16
Honoring Malcolm X and other African American l... Feb 18 Timothy 3
Tobacco planted on archaeological area Feb 12 Tokat 1
Copper mining threatens Afghan site of ancient ... Feb 8 Mag 1
On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Discovered (Feb '13) Jan '15 Sambool Khan 14
More from around the web