Woman fined for removing campground a...

Woman fined for removing campground artifacts

There are 2 comments on the KGET-TV Bakersfield story from Jan 28, 2013, titled Woman fined for removing campground artifacts. In it, KGET-TV Bakersfield reports that:

A Lake Isabella woman says she has to pay almost 300 hundred dollars for removing artifacts at a local campground.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KGET-TV Bakersfield.

Phelan, CA

#1 Jan 28, 2013
That is ridiculous! How in the hell are people supposed to be aware of these archaic and unknown "laws??"
The Forest Rangers and/or Dept. of Forestry have been receiving a lot of funds lately. All I see now are masses of SUV's driving around town here in Lake Isabella, Wofford Heights, Mt. Mesa, Kernville, and other out flung areas of the Kern River Valley!
Where does this new found endless money supply come from to be able to hire so many??
They sure have not faced any budget cuts- but sure have gotten rid of many services for the public by claiming lack of funds!
Not cool!

United States

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Outraged wrote:

Everybody knows you don't take things from public lands or any land that you don't personally own without getting a permit or asking. We learned that as children. It is your responsibility to know the rules of the public places you use. There is signage in the kiosks and the two FS offices in the KRV. They don't put a sign on every tree telling you you can't chop it down or dig it up for your landscaping. It is amazing that these people decided to go to the press and that the TV station thought it newsworthy. I'd be embarrassed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Joel 255,430
News Bones, tools unearthed by Alberta flood could f... Oct 8 Rockets Richard Bone 1
News History lesson - Oct 2 Mark Newell PhD -... 1
News What's under Columbus/Franklinton?Thousands of ... Sep 27 They cannot kill ... 3
News 8,000-year-old female figurine uncovered in cen... Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
News On the canvas: Museum digs up modern collection Sep '16 Albert 1
News Dore Gold: Archaeology is best defense of Jewis... Sep '16 naman 2
More from around the web