Woman fined for removing campground artifacts

Jan 28, 2013 Full story: KGET-TV Bakersfield

A Lake Isabella woman says she has to pay almost 300 hundred dollars for removing artifacts at a local campground.

Full Story
Outraged

Victorville, CA

#1 Jan 28, 2013
That is ridiculous! How in the hell are people supposed to be aware of these archaic and unknown "laws??"
The Forest Rangers and/or Dept. of Forestry have been receiving a lot of funds lately. All I see now are masses of SUV's driving around town here in Lake Isabella, Wofford Heights, Mt. Mesa, Kernville, and other out flung areas of the Kern River Valley!
Where does this new found endless money supply come from to be able to hire so many??
They sure have not faced any budget cuts- but sure have gotten rid of many services for the public by claiming lack of funds!
Not cool!
Stay

Pasadena, CA

#2 Jan 29, 2013
Outraged wrote:
!
focused.

Everybody knows you don't take things from public lands or any land that you don't personally own without getting a permit or asking. We learned that as children. It is your responsibility to know the rules of the public places you use. There is signage in the kiosks and the two FS offices in the KRV. They don't put a sign on every tree telling you you can't chop it down or dig it up for your landscaping. It is amazing that these people decided to go to the press and that the TV station thought it newsworthy. I'd be embarrassed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Anthropology Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 min MUQ1 209,732
On This Day: King Tut's Tomb Discovered (Feb '13) Jan 25 Sambool Khan 14
Province set to buy Grace Islet; ends First Nat... Jan 21 Bob 1
Prehistoric sex toys are kind of hard to look at Jan 13 texastwostep 1
10 World's Oldest Things From Armenia Jan 12 Mary joe 42
The existence of so many religions infers that ... Jan 11 jam49 1
Ancient mummy prepared for public exhibition af... Jan 8 lol 2
More from around the web