Getting Personal: Brian Adams

Mar 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The News-Gazette

Getting Personal is an email Q&A with a local personality. Here, Paul Wood chats with archaeologist and historic preservationist Brian Adams, 53, of Urbana.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jan 31, 2013
Beeyu Wademerol

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2012

Okay. The questions seem have been contributed by a committee of fifth graders. The answers are so sensible and well scrubbed as to be antiseptic. This guy's house probably looks like a motel lobby. He's quite frank about his cats for a purportedly straight guy. And don't you love that he credits his girlfriend for actually cooking the food that he warmed up in the microwave ALL BY HIMSELF. What a guy. The whole column is so pathetic and reveals a soul who is so utterly useless, bland, and so smugly and wholly unaware of his inner life -- it makes one think ... east central Illinois: is this Hell?
I think I love you

Sussex, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2012

Beeyu Wademerol wrote:
Okay. The questions seem have been contributed by a committee of fifth graders. The answers are so sensible and well scrubbed as to be antiseptic. This guy's house probably looks like a motel lobby. He's quite frank about his cats for a purportedly straight guy. And don't you love that he credits his girlfriend for actually cooking the food that he warmed up in the microwave ALL BY HIMSELF. What a guy. The whole column is so pathetic and reveals a soul who is so utterly useless, bland, and so smugly and wholly unaware of his inner life -- it makes one think ... east central Illinois: is this Hell?
You are funny! Sometimes one must look at the bleak with humor in order to surpass the more depressing aspects of it...
Old n Skeevy

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2012

Well,honey, if you think you love me, come visit and we'll take a road trip to see if this Brian Adams (which I think is probably an assumed name; I think he was born Hilary Henschidt) really is as vapid as he sounds. And if it turns out that he is just a construct, like a college humor magazine's idea or an arch anarchist's idea of fun, and doesn't really exist, we've always got the Waffle House. Now I've got to run and get busy campaigning for Mitt and Paul. Now there's something I can believe in. TTFN.
Wankismo

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2012

Mitt and Paul? Believe me, that was a joke.
Paul del Winkle

Old Lyme, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2012

I think I love you wrote:
<quoted text>
You are funny! Sometimes one must look at the bleak with humor in order to surpass the more depressing aspects of it...
I've been waiting patiently, but I have not heard from you. Is it possible that your feelings for me have cooled? Shall I pick nasturtiums which symbolize, in the flower language of Victorian times, "I've run out of things to do while standing here, and it's wet, too." I am praised throughout the Archaeologysphere for my rugged good looks, my warm wit, my big unit, and my good posture. Alas,you may have to gaze upon a vase of spleenwort (language of flowers = "This is really fucked up.") Perhaps Topix was never meant to bring us together. That and the restraining order ....
MontyJ

Gridley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Paul del Winkle wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been waiting patiently, but I have not heard from you. Is it possible that your feelings for me have cooled? Shall I pick nasturtiums which symbolize, in the flower language of Victorian times, "I've run out of things to do while standing here, and it's wet, too." I am praised throughout the Archaeologysphere for my rugged good looks, my warm wit, my big unit, and my good posture. Alas,you may have to gaze upon a vase of spleenwort (language of flowers = "This is really fucked up.") Perhaps Topix was never meant to bring us together. That and the restraining order ....
Those words, THOSE WORDS! Pure poetic genius... Yes I am still on the physical plane. Some amateur detective work first led me to Topix, only to find that my extreme distaste for others encourages me to become a tyrant to those easily provoked... I will not deny that I am passive aggressive, along with the possiblilty of having anger management issues... Personality flaws aside- I don't really come here much. I'll just be honest in saying that I returned to piss people off for fun after a lady at Kroger destroyed my peace of mind last night. And since I haven't figured out how to get over it yet, I thought some topix time might help... I'm still pissed however. One of the reasons I do not like to go ANYWHERE... There will always be indoctrinated zombies out there that might cross my path in ways that I deem inappropriate or unnecessary. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.
MontyJ

Gridley, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Why THE HELL did "inappropriate" turn into a link to a CRACKER AD???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Anthropology Discussions

Search the Anthropology Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 30 min Shamma 200,006
Excavation uncovers ancient Lapita Sun jestr 3
Tonga Was Once A Major Trading Hub, Artifacts Show Sun jestr 1
Origin of Hindu Brahmins (Aug '08) Sun husayn 178
Tonga May Have Been a Vast Seafaring Empire Sun fan of boru 2
Cistern found at St. Augustine property Jul 23 Taxpayerloss 1
What lies beneath downtown Toms River?What lies... Jul 20 Captain Spalding 1
•••
•••