EPA tour reveals 7 in 10 beehives dead

EPA tour reveals 7 in 10 beehives dead

There are 3 comments on the Washington Examiner story from Apr 19, 2013, titled EPA tour reveals 7 in 10 beehives dead. In it, Washington Examiner reports that:

The plague killing off American honey bees, a growing concern in Congress, has now been witnessed by administration environmental officials who are also looking into beekeeper complaints that too many pesticides are being approved and that illegal use of the insecticides is going unpunished.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Washington Examiner.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#1 Apr 20, 2013
This is due to King Corn. Control the corn pesticides and we have honey bees.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#2 Apr 20, 2013
Pennsylvania State University study of 800 hives found six different kind of pesticides inside. The study called it a "remarkably high level for toxicants in the food of brood and adults" in the hive.

Soooooo the bees make bad honey for us, no?

“Come and get it! ”

Since: Jan 09

Traverse City

#3 Apr 20, 2013
Well I would hope so. That hairdo went out back in the 60's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Agri-food group working on university pollinato... Sun carney_l 2
News Crops doing better than last year, though that ... Sat Tom 1
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) Jun 25 martin garey 29
News Alabama's best college town is... Jun 25 MarkDells 1
News Beekeeping helps Ohio teen overcome learning hu... Jun 23 They cannot kill ... 1
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... Jun 23 longtail 1
News IKEA of energy delivers clean, green solar powe... Jun 23 Solarman 1
More from around the web