People in Staunton Trade Skills for S...

People in Staunton Trade Skills for Skills through Time Bank

There are 4 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Feb 11, 2013, titled People in Staunton Trade Skills for Skills through Time Bank. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

The bartering system is alive and well in the valley. But instead of exchanging goods, members of the hOUR Economy time bank exchange services that fit their individual skills.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Since: Oct 12

Charlottesville, VA

#1 Feb 13, 2013
This is a colossal waste of time.

Helping other people with the sole intent to utilize their help in the future isn't very altruistic or kind.

Sure I'll babysit your incontinent blind grandmother but when it comes harvest time you've got to help me pick my organic soy beans and arugula.

Penn Laird, VA

#2 Feb 13, 2013
Thanks NBC 29 for an awesome story!

It looks like the "For more information, click here" link isn't working. If you'd like to learn more or get involved, check out
ann gallagher

Birmingham, UK

#3 Feb 14, 2013
we are in summerfield Birmingham England and we have a hairdresser !-great stuff-love your story

Charlottesville, VA

#4 Feb 14, 2013
There's a reason you don't have mechanics on your website. Going wage for [legal] laborers hired to garden:~$8/hr. Going wage for mechanics hired to fix cars:~$15-25/hr. Plus they have to have their own tools and jacks, and if they have to buy some specialty tool from Autozone or even from the dealer to finish the job, are you going to buy that tool, or just say that it's part of what he agreed to when he accepted working for time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 15K Lose Food Stamps After Failing To Work 2 hr Ritual Habitual 4
News Young farmers bring energy & savvy to 'the new ... 3 hr Keeseville Volunt... 1
News Radio ads hit Iowa: 'Politicians like Ted Cruz ... 5 hr James McNier 1
News Looking for leadership on water 8 hr FILMON Fired the ... 2
News NBC News Concludes that Donald Trump's Supporte... 13 hr Earl 27
News Why A 79-Year-Old Methodist Minister Burned Him... 15 hr Cordwainer Trout 2
News Federal funds aims to boost migrating monarch b... Sun Le Jimbo 8
More from around the web