Rising food prices are climate change...

Rising food prices are climate change's first tangible bite into UK lives | Damian Carrington

There are 10 comments on the The Guardian story from Oct 10, 2012, titled Rising food prices are climate change's first tangible bite into UK lives | Damian Carrington. In it, The Guardian reports that:

The UK's dreadful harvest from a sodden summer is a warning that the impact of global warming is getting close to home Wheat grain harvested near Cambridge but the overall UK yield was sharply down due to wet weather in 2012 Photograph: Simon Dawson/Getty Images Are rising bills at the supermarket checkout turning out to be the first tangible ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Guardian.

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#1 Oct 10, 2012
Not me this time.

Actual was climate mode change from #2 (typical Jason model of fixed seasonal monsoons)...
to #3 (E travelling monsoonal roots with monsoonal flows in tow).

Result of mode#3 is that traditional monsoonal climates have a pulsating monsoon with no real fixed end date (with as a result: monsoonal squall lines at any time of year with bulk in summertime & particularly duyring late summer tropical storm season.

Mode#3 broke out in April over the Asia pacific hot pool (centred over South China sea). Result was that Asia-Pacific side ended up in mode#3 and antipodes approx latitude of W. African bulge was in mode#2. Result was polar hood moved into N. and S. Atlantic and constricted rainbelt over NW Europe in particular fed by gulf stream moisture. Asame effect depressed monsoonal flow & squall line type thunderstorms in subtropics below rainbelt, and resulting drought over USA plains & SW. Desert belt in particular.

Mode#3 now wrapping round, to become global as a result of extra heat input of approaching solar max & already warm oceans. Atlantic hurricane season this year largely Atlantic as result of effect of early recurvation up travelling monsoonal flow.
Asia Pacific hot pool also drifting E. as a result of change in typical airflow regime from W. to E. travel in main sector of mode. Now in location of Guam and drifting E. Expecting weak El Nino at end of year.

This one a result of global warming,(in this case solar induced as result of warming as a result of extra insolation following the solar superminimum of previous 3 years).

Would like somebody in current government of day to change my prior Labour party induced nickname. That said I DO like the idea of miniature fish...

Have a nice day: Ag
SpaceBlues

United States

#2 Oct 10, 2012
Vital Signs: Psychological Responses to the Ecological Crisis

http://www.theecologist.org/reviews/books/162...

“Geologist [I'm Climate Change]”

Since: Mar 07

formerly Nuneaton

#3 Oct 15, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
Vital Signs: Psychological Responses to the Ecological Crisis
http://www.theecologist.org/reviews/books/162...
Nice review, but I believe that the former government of Tony Blair is well beyond salvation via psychology & needs at least 5 years in a maximum security sanitorium with constant checks, as released before that time may continue to be a grave danger for the UK public.

Notes:
I as yet have no idea at all of whom was given the nickname "global warming".
The person given the nickname "bad news" was Dr David Kelly (he got buried). There was a major scandal about a leak in Blairite office about him just after 9/11.

Numerous other people with Blairite nicknames probably exist. Most are now likely poverty stricken blacklist victims; or dead following such a blacklist.

SpaceBlues

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2012
Adrian Godsafe MSc wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice review, but I believe that the former government of Tony Blair is well beyond salvation via psychology & needs at least 5 years in a maximum security sanitorium with constant checks, as released before that time may continue to be a grave danger for the UK public.
Notes:
I as yet have no idea at all of whom was given the nickname "global warming".
The person given the nickname "bad news" was Dr David Kelly (he got buried). There was a major scandal about a leak in Blairite office about him just after 9/11.
Numerous other people with Blairite nicknames probably exist. Most are now likely poverty stricken blacklist victims; or dead following such a blacklist.
Salvation or starvation?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...

Bully Blair Bull?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#5 Oct 16, 2012
Can someone tell me when food prices were ever stable for more then 5 minutes?
PHD

Houston, TX

#6 Oct 16, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Yes they are stable every moment you stop your useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste hot air. Have you seen your care giver today?
Northie

Spokane, WA

#7 Oct 16, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Food prices moved within a narrow range for decades; now they are climbing like a scalded bat.

http://dailybail.com/home/world-food-price-in...
Gore Blimey

UK

#8 Oct 16, 2012
Northie wrote:
<quoted text>
Food prices moved within a narrow range for decades; now they are climbing like a scalded bat.
http://dailybail.com/home/world-food-price-in...
partly due to your people trying to use cereals to make ethanol, making bread much dearer, and also, ruining a number of car fuel systems. and why do you blame this price rise on "global warming" when the cause has been a very wet and rather cold summer?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#9 Oct 17, 2012
Gore Blimey wrote:
partly due to your people trying to use cereals to make ethanol, making bread much dearer, and also, ruining a number of car fuel systems. and why do you blame this price rise on "global warming" when the cause has been a very wet and rather cold summer?
Simple answer, alarmists say Glowbull warming is responsible for anything that goes wrong, even if it can be explained by something else.
PHD

Houston, TX

#10 Oct 17, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>Simple answer, alarmists say Glowbull warming is responsible for anything that goes wrong, even if it can be explained by something else.
That is your issue everything seems to be simple for you with one exception, you can't get away from that useless babble tainted with hate covered with spam cut and paste hot air. Have you seen your care giver today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Want to Hear From Farmers! 23 hr Ivy 1
News Activists protest end of TPS protection for Sal... Wed America America 3
News High court rejects farmer who tangled with Tyson (Jan '11) Feb 20 Ms Mundane 13
News USDA wants low-income seniors to use their food... (Jun '15) Feb 19 Abandonded trailer 25
News Tyson Foods: New facility in Tennessee to creat... Feb 19 Guest 119
News The Launch Place announces $200,000 investment Feb 18 Barbara Hudson 1
News Man charged with selling stolen cattle in Tenne... Feb 17 King Poop 1
More from around the web