Sen. Rand Paul joins Oregon Sen. Wyde...

Sen. Rand Paul joins Oregon Sen. Wyden's push for legal hemp

There are 18 comments on the Anchorage Daily News story from Jun 11, 2012, titled Sen. Rand Paul joins Oregon Sen. Wyden's push for legal hemp. In it, Anchorage Daily News reports that:

U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, R-Bowling Green, is joining a Democratic senator from Oregon in supporting a proposal to allow farmers to grow industrial hemp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Anchorage Daily News.

Henr

Gdansk, Poland

#1 Jun 12, 2012
if it is needed in USA, let them produce it for own goals.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 12, 2012
Industrial hemp cultivation should be legal and encouraged, mostly because the bio-genetics involved in quantifying hemps production will completely wipe out the production of marijuana. Rope good; poisoning your brain bad.
Sick of Stupid

Ames, IA

#3 Jun 12, 2012
There is no money in hemp for rope.
All the farmers will grow hemp for smoking. That's where the $$$ is.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#4 Jun 12, 2012
It is impossible to grow hemp for smoking. A person would have to smoke a quantity of it so overwhelming, that they would have to be admitted to an emergency room for oxygen therapy.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#6 Jun 12, 2012
Poison is poison. Intentionally eating, smoking, or injecting poison should be discouraged by law and is. Especially threatening is the promoters of taking poison and their usual insistence to encouraging others to take poison, just so they can feel validated in taking poison.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#8 Jun 12, 2012
Constitution-lover wrote:
<quoted text>
So the heck with personal freedom and responsibility?????? I have read on many topix post how you think we need to get government out of our lives. yet you seem to support taking of personal freedom. How does that work. If your a REAL conservative like me you support peoples right to wreck and destroy there lives if they choose.
People shouldn't have the "freedom" to push, sell and in some cases force others to take poison. That behavior is common amongst dope smokers, etc. If a person was to limit their use of poisons to themselves, they'd never have an issue. It's involving others in it, that gets them in trouble.
IMO

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 12, 2012
Poison?

How about all the pharmaceutical related deaths that are intended to "help"? If you don't know Mary, don't talk about her. If you do not have an auto immune disease or have known anyone that has died in hospice, I could understand the ill informed ignorance on cannabis.

Poison, LOL.

Trans fats, carb packed foods, fast food, cigarettes, alcohol. That's poison.

But the worse, and most damaging poison is the left over ideology from the cold war era.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#12 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text>
They do at every pharmacy. Push drugs that is. But only ones big business is pushing. You do know that most of what you have in your medicine cabinet at home is more dangerous then marijauna? Also alcohol is legal as heck and is way way more dangerous then marijuana. Remember our constitution is printed on hemp paper.
The thing is a conservative should support making it legal. Freedom is always the goal.
These are the absurd claims of potheads usually. Alcohol is nowhere as dangerous as marijuana, a psychoactive, delusion inducing, hormone and endocrine system changing dope. Alcohol is burnt off immediately as sugar and does not alter brain chemicals as marijuana does. Pharmacies sell to individuals and are educated and licensed to protect health, not impair it. There may be a significant number of people inclined to over-medicate and fall into taking drugs to counter the effect of other drugs, but even that usually extends life and enhances its quality. The illegal poisons you propose to legalize diminish human life and quality in the overwhelming majority of cases. People permanently damaging their mental acuity and perceptions in such an obviously identifiable way as with marijuana and other illegal drugs should be precluded from involving vulnerable youth in their delusions.
Silly Goat

Baton Rouge, LA

#13 Jun 12, 2012
IMO wrote:
Poison?
How about all the pharmaceutical related deaths that are intended to "help"? If you don't know Mary, don't talk about her. If you do not have an auto immune disease or have known anyone that has died in hospice, I could understand the ill informed ignorance on cannabis.
Poison, LOL.
Trans fats, carb packed foods, fast food, cigarettes, alcohol. That's poison.
But the worse, and most damaging poison is the left over ideology from the cold war era.
Your never convince this guy of the truth. He is from Louisiana. Most people down there are still living in the 30's. The government has them totally brainwashed. They believe everything the government tells them to believe..........sad!
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#15 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text>
You really need some education there liberal scum. Stop telling people how to live. ALCOHOL IS 100 TIEMS MROE DANGEROUS THEN MARIJAUNA. NO ONE HAS EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER DIED FROM MARIJUANA OVERDOSE......TENS OF MILLIONS HAVE DIED FROM ALCOHOL RELATED SICKNESS.
Yes I called you a liberal since you w ant to control peoples private lives. NEVER CALL YOURSELF A CONSERVATIVE AGAIN......YOU CANT WITH YOUR BELIEFS.
Statistics don't back up your claims. If you're looking for tens of millions of people dying because of marijuana, look to the 56 Million abortions committed by dope heads and the many deaths caused by distance impaired delusional hallucinatory dope heads in vehicle accidents caused by marijuana and other illegal drugs. Marijuana permanently changes the endocrine system into producing less necessary brain chemicals, which are poorly replaced by hallucinogen marijuana chemicals. Children and young adults are put into slavery with marijuana. Every vice you can consider is accompanied by marijuana use, as is crime of every nature, including violent crime and cannibalism. The vast majority of criminals in prison for every crime imaginable extol the benefits of marijuana in their lives. You seem to be on the same track.
The Radio Star

United States

#16 Jun 12, 2012
In a 2010 report by the Common Sense for Drug Policy Organization, the American annual causes of death were classified under the following categories:

Tobacco Related 430,700
Alcohol Related 110,640
Prescription Drugs 32,000
Suicide 30,575
Homicide 18,272
Drug Induced Deaths 16,926
NSAIDÂ’s (such as Aspirin) 7,600
Marijuana 0 deaths

Before you start to wonder about the veracity of the figures above, you should be aware that no one has ever been officially declared dead from direct or indirect marijuana consumption.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#19 Jun 12, 2012
Delusional thinking is more threatening to society than death. Marijuana induces delusional thinking. There is absolutely no doubt about it... stagnant emotional growth, blocked intellectual prowess and delusional thinking inclined to rape and pillage society with abandon, destroying families, relationships, friendships and inclining partakers into deepening depths of depravity and worthlessness.
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#22 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text>
I have smoked marijuana since I was 17. By the time I was 27 I was a self made millionaire in realestate I now own 27 apartment buildings and am worth many millions. Man that marijuana sure wrecked my life huh?
There are exceptions to any rule; some people are strong enough to survive the common debilitating affects of the drug. Others use sales of the drug to innocents and victims to pile away enough money for their first investments and subsquently, their delusional thinking conveniently forgets it. Claims of Founding Fathers "smoking" marijuana are unfounded, especially since hemp raised for rope wouldn't give a person anything other than choking and gagging.
rider

Gwinn, MI

#24 Jun 12, 2012
Christian Values at the Christian Whitehouse---------- Don't miss this one! Mind Control/Child Abuse Victim Jeff Gannon[Worked For Bush ...
Oct 21, 2010 ... Former F.B.I. Agent, Ted Gunderson talks about the Franklin Cover-Up case in
2001 http://www.youtube.com/watch ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch ...- 158k -
rider

Gwinn, MI

#25 Jun 12, 2012
Mind Control/Child Abuse Victim Jeff Gannon[Worked For Bush ...
Oct 21, 2010 ... Former F.B.I. Agent, Ted Gunderson talks about the Franklin Cover-Up case in

http://www.youtube.com/watch... - 158k -
Bringmedinner

San Jose, CA

#26 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Please go do some research. If you want to have a good discussion here you must get rid of the lies you have been fed and have facts to go on. Common "hemp" or ditch weed as they call it will get you a buzz. Not as much but does still give you a buzz. Oh and many of founding fathers talked about using hemp for medical reasons. The only reason is the THC. Now please go get educated and dump old lies.
The admitted criminal thinking and actions you've practiced in your life throws doubt on the veracity of any of your claims, especially since you haven't had the honesty to repent. Hemp raised for rope and mats, etc. wouldn't give you anything but a buzz from lack of oxygen. No source of which I'm aware mentions anything about our Founding Fathers using hemp for anything else. Even Native Americans didn't use the weed, because it impaired them.

I've seen the effects. Many people have been placed in mental institutions because of it. Once off it, they resumed fairly normal lives. Once starting again, they reentered mental facilities and half-way houses. Marijuana destroys people and families generally.
Sick of Stupid

Ames, IA

#29 Jun 13, 2012
Bringmedinner wrote:
Poison is poison. Intentionally eating, smoking, or injecting poison should be discouraged by law and is. Especially threatening is the promoters of taking poison and their usual insistence to encouraging others to take poison, just so they can feel validated in taking poison.
Are you referring to potheads?
Or alcoholics??
Or tobacco users?
Or heroin addicts?
Gary Johnson 2012

Fontana, CA

#30 Jun 21, 2012
Rand Paul got corrupted by the special interest group!: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/recall-ran...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... 7 hr stacy 3
News Farmers Closely Watching Crops And Overnight Te... (May '13) 13 hr Warvet 3
News Agri-food group working on university pollinato... Jun 26 carney_l 2
News Crops doing better than last year, though that ... Jun 25 Tom 1
News In tobacco-loving Va., bars to quit cold-turkey... (Nov '09) Jun 25 martin garey 29
News Alabama's best college town is... Jun 25 MarkDells 1
News Beekeeping helps Ohio teen overcome learning hu... Jun 23 They cannot kill ... 1
More from around the web