People angry over state's closure of Missouri dairy farm

Feb 2, 2013 Full story: KCTV5 28

A Missouri farm is devastated when the state raided their dairy and confiscated cheese made from raw milk.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#22 Feb 9, 2013
CAN*
The Flying Eagle

Modesto, CA

#23 Mar 18, 2013
It's time the south rise again!!!!Watch it obamniger
Athiestic Happiness

Springfield, MO

#24 Mar 18, 2013
SuZ wrote:
Personally I think they smell .
personally I think you should just starve cause you obviously dont deserve the food you are able to receive from a FARM
The Far Viewer

Branson, MO

#25 Mar 19, 2013
Well, folks, keep in mind that the milk companies make 8 gallons of milk from every gallon of milk they buy from farmers (i.e., skim milk, 1% and 2% milk, etc.). The rate the farmer is paid is based on a number of things including the butterfat content of his milk. Payment is based on 100 pounds of milk (the price over the years for 3.5% milk has ranged between $7.00 to $19.00 per hundred weight). Keep in mind that a gallon of milk weights about 8 pounds. He never knows how much he will be paid for his milk until he gets the check.

Feed costs have raised exponentially as has the price of cows. The work goes on 24/7 and is hard. Twenty years ago, our area was filled with small dairy farms. Now, there are VERY few. The government has gone out of its way to put the small farmer out of business.

The injustice done to the dairy farm that was closed just shows what government interference can do to good people. I consider the government's action ironic considering how much junk and over-processed and adulterated stuff they allow to be sold. If you don't believe me, read the ingredients and additives on a food package label (especially frozen dinners and pizza). If you can't pronounce it, you shouldn't be eating it.
Me too

United States

#26 Mar 19, 2013
Not to mention the ingredients that don't have to be on the label
food freedom

Branson, MO

#27 Mar 19, 2013
An article in the Kansas City Star this sunday said there are 25 ingredients in the stuff Taco bell puts in tacos,one something like wood pulp.It said to look it up.
Also

West Plains, MO

#28 Mar 19, 2013
Not to mention re-calls!
bad

Hartville, MO

#30 Mar 20, 2013
The Far Viewer wrote:
Feed costs have raised exponentially as has the price of cows. The work goes on 24/7 and is hard. Twenty years ago, our area was filled with small dairy farms. Now, there are VERY few. The government has gone out of its way to put the small farmer out of business.
TFV, do you have any numbers on how many holsteins and small dairys are left in the local counties?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Agriculture Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Global warming could undermine poverty fight: W... 10 hr SpaceBlues 12
African Sushi: Mountainous Fish Farm Links Leso... Wed Tlepere 5
McDonald's won't buy Simplot's GMO potato Nov 25 Japhy11 3
Municipal election 2014: Ward 2 candidates answer Nov 25 should been durin... 2
Federal Government Threatens To Cut Food Stamp ... Nov 24 Ace McMillan 3
An employee holds up a sample of black pepper t... Nov 24 Ngoc 2
Free-range turkey farmers serve niche market Nov 24 Golda Maier 4

Agriculture People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE