Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256266 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150555 Sep 26, 2012
Eric wrote:
Skeptic:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Aq-be7Y_yyYXX
Oprah- an interview with a Jew.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Eric

Lisle, IL

#150556 Sep 26, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oTJKXRmJZ1UXX&feature=rel ated
You already posted that. During a solemn shabbaton of the Bible you posted page after page of assertions. Now, prove them by actually quoting the Talmud. No paraphrasing. No citations to websites. Quote the Talmud.
MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#150557 Sep 26, 2012
NQ wrote:
NQ:

1. No, but it DOES say that there is no one that does not sin. Ecclesiastes 7:19 -… Not one person, according to the scriptures, is free of sin (except Jesus).

2. This is for you, MUQ: am I missing something here? What is the true path?…
Ans.

a. Being on Right Path and Sin:

I think the time has come to discuss this subject from its root, because Christians have taken extreme positions on this issue.

1. Typical Christian Position on Sin:

They think, if any human has committed any sin in past or commits any sin, he or she is not on right path and is not qualified to receive the mercy of God.

Then they blow their trumpet that only Jesus is the human who was free from sin. They go out of their way and find mistakes of Jewish prophets and present it as a proof that they were all sinners.

Then thy go another step and say since Jesus is the only one without sin, so he is the only one who could atone for sins of all human beings and his blood sacrifice was accepted by God.

And because of that all humans are not under the “Bondage of Law” but are “Living in the “Period of Grace” and there is no Law and Regulations to guide them.

Now Humans only have to “Believe” that Jesus died for their sin and that is enough for them to get salvation on the Last Day and Enter Kingdom of God for eternity.

However if Anyone does not believe that Jesus died for his or her sin, has committed the worst sin imaginable and their salvation is next to impossible.

2. Is This Extreme Position what Jesus Himself taught?

Needless to say that when we look at the statements from Jesus’ own lips, we do not find this theory anywhere.

The parables he told, about the prodigal son, about those working in vineyard, about the qualities of Kingdom of Heaven, no where we find this strange concept of sin.

If we look at the OT books, there also we do not find this concept of sin. Mistake of Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden is definitely mentioned, but it is just as a part of human history. It does not say anything about human salvation and freedom from sin thru atonement at a future date.

Read the books attributed to Moses and other prophets, this dogma is never explained in so many words anywhere. The sin is mentioned as inequity that humans commit.

3. Who is the Real Author of this strange concept of Sin?

There is no doubt in the least that St. Paul is the real author of this strange concept of Sin and its effect.

He picks bits and pieces from OT books (he never quotes from Jesus himself, because he never met Jesus or learnt any thing from him face to face) and then uses his own logic and arguments to bolster his own theory.

And he is helped by some vague and allegorical verses from the Fourth Gospel.

That is the whole scriptural support for this strange concept of Sin and Atonement from St. Paul. Anyone reading his letters is amazed by his logic and how he puts forward his own logic as what Scriptures teach.

b. Islamic Concept of Sin:

Humans are not angel by nature, to commit no sin is quality of angels and not humans, if God wanted humans to commit no sin, He could have made them as angles. Humans are weak by their very nature and they do mistakes due to ignorance, forgetting or being misled by Satan and their own basic self.

So to make mistake and commit sin is human and no stigma is attached to any one, if he has committed any sin in past life or commits any sin in future.

(Contd.)

MUQ

Dammam, Saudi Arabia

#150558 Sep 26, 2012
1. Difference between Sin and Rebellion:

Quran tells us that there is difference between Sin and Rebellion. A Sin is merely disobeying any of God’s commands or any provision of Divine law thru forgetfulness, ignorance, or wrong interpretation or due to human weakness.

Rebellion on the other hand is to justify the mistake and ridicule God’ laws and Commands and insist on doing the wrong action.

The best example of difference between sin and rebellion is in the story of Adam and Eve and Satan in the Garden of Eden.

Adam and Eve were mislead by Satan and did what God forbade them to do, but once they realized their mistake, they fell down on their faces and prayed to God:

“They said “Our Lord; we have wronged our souls: if you will forgive us not and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be lost”(7:23)

And when they repented sincerely then God forgave them:

“…Thus did Adam disobey his Lord and fell into error, But his Lord chose him (for His Grace): He turned to him and gave him guidance”(20-121-122)

That was what Adam did and as for Satan, his mistake took him to rebel against God and he promised to lead astray as many humans as he would be able to do:

“He (i.e. Satan) said You See? This is the one whom You have honored above me! If you will respite me to the day of judgment, I will surely bring his descendents under my sway- all but a few”(17-62)

You can see the contrast between the actions of Adam and that of Satan.

2. Difference between Major Sins and Minor Sins:

Quran tells us that all sins are not in the same category, there are some sins which are major and some sins are minor. Quran says:

“If you (but) eschew the most heinous of the things which you are forbidden to do, We shall remit your evil deeds, and admit you to a Gate of great honor”(4-32)

And then Quran mentions the list of Major Sins:

“Say:“Come, I will rehearse what Allah has really prohibited you from:

- Joint not anything with Him (In worship and power and dominion)
- Be good to your parents.
- Do not kill your children on a plea of want
- Do not come near to indecent deeds, whether open or secret.
- Take not life which Allah has made sacred, except by way of justice and law
- Do not come near the orphan’s property, except to improve it.
- Give measures and weight will (full) justice
- Whenever you speak, speak justly, even if a near relative is concerned
- Fulfill covenant of Allah

Verily this is My Way leading straight: follow it: follow not other paths: they will scatter you about from His path….”(6:151-153)

Some more major sins are mentioned in other places in Quran and sayings of prophet. Like:

- Do not commit adultery and fornication.
- Do not steal and rob people of wealth.
- Do not involve in Bribery and similar acts.
- Do not engage in usury, gambling, games of chance and all ways to usurp other’ money on false pretense.
- Do not imbibe Alcohol, Swine Flesh, Blood and Dead meat and meat of animals dedicated to idols and false gods.
- Do not back bite, slander people and bring false charges on innocent women.
- Do not run away from battle field when fight between forces of truth and falsehood is in process.

Etc, Etc.

So if a Human stays clear from these major sins, which are so easy to detect, there are strong chances that Allah will have Mercy on him on his minor mistakes and he or she shall be declared successful in the test of Life.

Needless to say that all prophets of God stayed away from these major sins and if anything is mentioned in OT books, they are false and Quran rejects all such stories.

(Contd.)

PS: Please hold your comments, till you see all four pages of my post.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150559 Sep 26, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
You already posted that. During a solemn shabbaton of the Bible you posted page after page of assertions. Now, prove them by actually quoting the Talmud. No paraphrasing. No citations to websites. Quote the Talmud.
Jewish protocol:
&fe ature=related
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#150561 Sep 26, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
It appears you ignore the last line,,,which Is actuality, in lieu of supernatural supposition...which is unfounded and subjectively unprovable fantastic claims...which are exactly that.
I didn't ignore the last line. You asserted as fact something that can't be proven, and then you rip into me for caling your bluff.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#150562 Sep 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ans.
a. Being on Right Path and Sin:
I think the time has come to discuss this subject from its root, because Christians have taken extreme positions on this issue.
1. Typical Christian Position on Sin:
They think, if any human has committed any sin in past or commits any sin, he or she is not on right path and is not qualified to receive the mercy of God.
That is not my position. My position is as King Solomon prayed when the temple was inaugurated, extending to God's personality today: 2 Chronicles 6: If they sin against you—for there is no one who does not sin—and you are angry with them and give them to an enemy, so that they are carried away captive to a land far or near, yet if they turn their heart in the land to which they have been carried captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity, saying,‘We have sinned and have acted perversely and wickedly,’ 38if they repent with all their mind and with all their heart in the land of their captivity to which they were carried captive, and pray toward their land, which you gave to their fathers, the city that you have chosen and the house that I have built for your name, 39then hear from heaven your dwelling place their prayer and their pleas, and maintain their cause and forgive your people who have sinned against you. 40Now, O my God, let your eyes be open and your ears attentive to the prayer of this place."
MUQ wrote:
Then they blow their trumpet that only Jesus is the human who was free from sin. They go out of their way and find mistakes of Jewish prophets and present it as a proof that they were all sinners.
The prophets were special people who told people God's will. They made mistakes, but God forgave them and they were in good standing with Him. Jesus, however, held a different position. He did God's will perfectly. He was put to death by faithless people, and God raised him from the dead, clinching the matter.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#150563 Sep 26, 2012
MUQ wrote:
1. Difference between Sin and Rebellion:
Quran tells us that there is difference between Sin and Rebellion. A Sin is merely disobeying any of God’s commands or any provision of Divine law thru forgetfulness, ignorance, or wrong interpretation or due to human weakness.
Rebellion on the other hand is to justify the mistake and ridicule God’ laws and Commands and insist on doing the wrong action.
The best example of difference between sin and rebellion is in the story of Adam and Eve and Satan in the Garden of Eden.
Adam and Eve were mislead by Satan and did what God forbade them to do, but once they realized their mistake, they fell down on their faces and prayed to God:
“They said “Our Lord; we have wronged our souls: if you will forgive us not and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be lost”(7:23)
And when they repented sincerely then God forgave them:
“…Thus did Adam disobey his Lord and fell into error, But his Lord chose him (for His Grace): He turned to him and gave him guidance”(20-121-122)
That was what Adam did and as for Satan, his mistake took him to rebel against God and he promised to lead astray as many humans as he would be able to do:
“He (i.e. Satan) said You See? This is the one whom You have honored above me! If you will respite me to the day of judgment, I will surely bring his descendents under my sway- all but a few”(17-62)
You can see the contrast between the actions of Adam and that of Satan.
2. Difference between Major Sins and Minor Sins:
Quran tells us that all sins are not in the same category, there are some sins which are major and some sins are minor. Quran says:
“If you (but) eschew the most heinous of the things which you are forbidden to do, We shall remit your evil deeds, and admit you to a Gate of great honor”(4-32)
And then Quran mentions the list of Major Sins:
“Say:“Come, I will rehearse what Allah has really prohibited you from:
- Joint not anything with Him (In worship and power and dominion)
- Be good to your parents.
- Do not kill your children on a plea of want
- Do not come near to indecent deeds, whether open or secret.
- Take not life which Allah has made sacred, except by way of justice and law
- Do not come near the orphan’s property, except to improve it.
- Give measures and weight will (full) justice
- Whenever you speak, speak justly, even if a near relative is concerned
- Fulfill covenant of Allah
Verily this is My Way leading straight: follow it: follow not other paths: they will scatter you about from His path….”(6:151-153)
Some more major sins are mentioned in other places in Quran and sayings of prophet. Like:
- Do not commit adultery and fornication.
- Do not steal and rob people of wealth.
- Do not involve in Bribery and similar acts.
- Do not engage in usury, gambling, games of chance and all ways to usurp other’ money on false pretense.
- Do not imbibe Alcohol, Swine Flesh, Blood and Dead meat and meat of animals dedicated to idols and false gods.
- Do not back bite, slander people and bring false charges on innocent women.
- Do not run away from battle field when fight between forces of truth and falsehood is in process.
Etc, Etc.
So if a Human stays clear from these major sins, which are so easy to detect, there are strong chances that Allah will have Mercy on him on his minor mistakes and he or she shall be declared successful in the test of Life.
Needless to say that all prophets of God stayed away from these major sins and if anything is mentioned in OT books, they are false and Quran rejects all such stories.
(Contd.)
PS: Please hold your comments, till you see all four pages of my post.
If you're directing this towards me, I'm sorry but I already commented without realizing you did not want me to until you finished. And again, since you are posting towards me for my edification, I told you that I only absorb great ideas in small clips. So I cannot take in too much information at one time. Thank you.
uhuh

Spain

#150564 Sep 26, 2012
the sages have Scripture to back up their every opinion/fatwa, e.g.
"Whose flesh (phallus?) is as the flesh of donkeys.." (Ezek 23:20)

"R.Shila flogged a man who had intercourse with a goyah. He said: Wretch! You had intercourse with a she-ass. Are they not called asses? For it is written 'Whose flesh is as the flesh of asses'" (Ber 58a)

"R.Judah: In the case of a gentile, since Scripture says of him 'Whose flesh is as the flesh of asses', therefore he is just like a mere ass" (Ber 25b, Shab 150a)
uhuh

Spain

#150565 Sep 26, 2012
(cont'd)

"..and whose issue (semen) is like the issue of horses" (Ezek 23:20)

"Adultery with a gentile should be free of death penalty since the semen of gentiles is like the semen of horses" (tos. Ketubot 3b; tos. Sanh 74b)

"The rabbanan said: A goy has no father. From the tannaim we learn that God has sequestered ('afqer) their seed as it is written,'Whose issue is like the issue of horses'" (Yeb 98a)

"A gentile's seed is like that of an animal" (Rashi on Yeb 97b)
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150566 Sep 26, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =4Xm2WLJwVMgXX
But this tells the true story of Jews worshiping Satan.
On National Television.
http://www.youtube.com/watch... .
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150567 Sep 26, 2012
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so take your assertions and show us from the original text where the assertion is supported.
I believe the most telling defense of my position is that a member of the Christian clergy checked out these assertions and found them to be incorrect.
This proof enough for me.
A Jew on national television confessing to be a Jew devil worshiper on the Oprah TV show to millions of people.
Its right from the mouth of a Jew.
listen for your self Eric.
Is the Jew a liar?
&fe ature=related

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#150568 Sep 26, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't ignore the last line. You asserted as fact something that can't be proven, and then you rip into me for caling your bluff.
What is it that you feel can't be proven?
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150569 Sep 26, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
The Quran Distinguishes Muslims from Non-Muslims
and Establishes a Hierarchy of Relative Worth

The Quran makes it clear that Islam is not about universal brotherhood, but about the brotherhood of believers:

The Believers are but a single Brotherhood (49:10)

Not all men are equal under Islam. Slaves and the handicapped are not equal to healthy free men, for example (16:75-76). The Quran introduces the “Law of Equality,” which establishes different levels of human value when considering certain matters, such as restitution for murder (2:178).

Neither are Muslim believers equal to non-Muslims:

Are those who know equal to those who know not?(39:09)

Is the blind equal to the one who sees" Or darkness equal to light?(13:16)

The Quran plainly tells Muslims that they are a favored race, while those of other religions are “perverted transgressors”:

Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book [Christians and Jews] had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors.(3:110)

As we shall see later, Allah condemns non-Muslims to Hell based merely on their unbelief, while believers are rewarded with the finest earthly comforts in the hereafter, including never-ending food, wine and sex (56:12-40). In fact, much of the Quran is devoted to distinguishing Muslims from non-Muslims and impugning the latter.

The first sura of the Quran is an example of this. It is a short prayer that is repeated by devout Muslims each day and ends with these words:

Keep us on the right path. The path of those upon whom Thou hast bestowed favors. Not (the path) of those upon whom Thy wrath is brought down, nor of those who go astray.(1:6-7)
Muhammad was once asked if these words pertained to Jews and Christians. His response was, "Whom else?" (Bukhari 56:662).
Since Allah makes such a strong distinction between Muslims and those outside the faith, it is only natural that Muslims should incorporate disparate standards of treatment into their daily lives. The Quran tells Muslims to be compassionate with one another but ruthless to the infidel:

Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves…(48:29)

Allah intends for Muslims to triumph over unbelievers:

And never will Allah grant to the unbelievers a way to triumph over believers [Pickthall –“any way of success”](4:141)

The only acceptable position of non-Muslims to Muslims is subjugation under Islamic rule:

Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth,(even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.(9:29 Jizya is the money that non-Muslims must pay to their Muslim overlords in a pure Islamic state.)

A common criticism of many Muslims is that they often behave arrogantly toward others. Now you know why.
uhuh

Ulldecona, Spain

#150570 Sep 26, 2012
yeah it's an age-old adage - a goy has no father
that's why marriage among gentiles is not valid; they are living in adultery and niddah

a gentile woman is a NaSHGaZ,

niddah - unclean from menstruation
shifhah - slave woman
goyah - gentile woman
zonah - whore (Sanh 82a, A.Z. 36b)

even after she converted to Judaism she still remains a zonah
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#150574 Sep 26, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>What is it that you feel can't be proven?
That Mohammed is a prophet of God of Gods Holy Bible.
You cannot prove it.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#150576 Sep 26, 2012
rabbee yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: i guess that is, why they altered their names? because they falsely, love them sooo much.
That's a classic!!
Like those who call them "Jesus" "Moses" and "Abraham" that are false names too!
How infantile can you get with names rabbee!
lol...
Good one though and shows the level of your theological initiation inspiration intellect or lack of it..
lol...thank you for that mucial interlude...
Blessings from Esa Moosa and Ibrahim..lol
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#150577 Sep 26, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
John 3:16-21 is John's statement or may be some copyist/scribe added that in. That is not Jesus talking.
Jesus was talking to Joseph in first person. All of a sudden you have this sudden upload in third person by some one, not Jesus.
"16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God."
This statement is not from Jesus.
Salaams BMZ.

J 3:16 is STEEPED in IGNORANCE and Is arising out of ignorance.

It was written by ignorant people who copied stories from those who thought their "god" was only "living" for Hebrews/Israelites cleaning up after them!!

How can this "almighty god" of Multiverses have just one son and one planet to worry about?

Why does this "almighty god" arrange to get his son MURDERED by the Jews or even more comically why does this "almighty god" come to a puny planet as his own son (who looks like a human being!!) to get himself killed so that he can run back to heaven to sit on his own right hand to watch himself making footstool of his enemies!!! What a farce.

With Zillions of planets out there teeming with life and with every chance of trillions of them having some kind of life with original sin (leading to procreation!!), this "almighty intelligent god" has run of of sons to send to planets out there to die because through bad planning he killed his ONLY son off!!

Has he thought about making "daughters" or is he as ignorant as the SEXIST scribes who believed that "woman/daughter" caused the poor innocent "man/son" to sin in the first place?!!

Even the ignorant writers missed the point "gave his son" does not say "arranged to murder his son".

This also means "lent his servant" for an appointed time for these earthling losers to get educated!

Coming back to the "clever god" who got his son killed, did he really get him killed off or pulled off a fast one?
In reality the son escapes, runs back to heaven and moves on to another planet to do this "dying act!

Is this "father son double act" being staged on different planets every 33 earth years since creation? lol

J 3:16 written in the third person is as dumb as the writer!
End of.
Salaams.
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#150578 Sep 26, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
Oprah- an interview with a Jew confessing on live Television of being a devil worshiper.
Right from the mouth of a Jew.
This is proof enough for me.
This Jew gives credibility to the blood libels of Jews
killing young Christian children for blood to bake Jewish bread.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =oTJKXRmJZ1UXX&feature=rel ated.
This is one reason why they were persecuted and murdered in Europe by loving "Christians" for more than 1600 years.
America is 1600 years behind on this one!
Those who carry the books of Jews without even knowing why they are carrying it are murdering the Jews as devil worshippers!
What a joke!
Alex123 aka WM

London, UK

#150579 Sep 26, 2012
NotQuiter wrote:
<quoted text>No, they're still arguing about who's on first.
lol. I like that!
What happens when their "J" is inside them?
Do they become one?
Why do they people tie themsleves in this knot of trinity that makes them forget GOD?
To forget the ONE true GOD is a sad indictment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Launch Place announces $200,000 investment 29 min Barbara Hudson 1
News Super moon, lunar eclipse, king tides combine f... 3 hr Rays 1
News There Still Wasn't a War on Cops in 2017 4 hr Steve 2
News What Makes Trump So Dangerous? 6 hr ardith 15
News Man charged with selling stolen cattle in Tenne... 22 hr King Poop 1
News The Green Movement Is Lily White. Thata s a Pro... Sat youll shoot your ... 1
News Farmers pray for rain (Jul '11) Sat 3 days next week 6
More from around the web