Who Is Allah?

Who Is Allah?

There are 256357 comments on the The Brussels Journal story from Aug 24, 2007, titled Who Is Allah?. In it, The Brussels Journal reports that:

“Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah? [...] What does God care what we call him?”

From the desk of Soeren Kern on Fri, 2007-08-24 11:56 Europeans love to mock the salience of religion in American society. via The Brussels Journal

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Brussels Journal.

rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#148770 Sep 18, 2012
Alex123 aka WM wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mangod has ALREADY warped your mind buford...no wonder you are such a paranoid little person when ..
- He makes you paranoid by telling you others "hate" you.
- He wants you to lead an abnormal life of no family, spouse or children
- You cannot live on earth and completely come out of it.
- There is a lot of paranoia and "ideas of reference" being introduced.
- Surely, we should NOT suffer religion!
- We must enjoy religion and enjoy our love of and closeness to God.
- All the poor disciples get it..rejection, hate, persecution, suffering and a state of limbo, neither belonging here nort not knowing what the other side is like as he did not come back before they died.
All this pathos can be solved if we deal with God direct instead of through a depressive biblical mangod character who gives us a permanent sense of helplessness...if mangod suffers like this what chance have us mortals got?.
ENJOY you religion instead of selling your cloak to buy a sword so you can cut the ears off a poor temple servant!!
rabbee: how is that any different than, your head being warped by muhammed and the unholy quran? sure christians, have been brainwashed, but so have you by the subtle beasts of the fields.
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148771 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles,

Are you even counted as alive on this thread if you don't have numbers of Islamozombies judging your threads harshly simply becaue they are posted in your name?
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#148772 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is conflating two different statistics. There are the percentage of people who pay little or no taxes (Ironically, Romeny is in that group).
And then there are the percentage of people who receive some type of government benefits, which include social security and medicare, as well as welfare and food stamps. Ironically, all the maps so far have indicated that red (republican) states have a larger percentage of these groups than blue (democratic states), which makes this a curiously hypocritical argument for the republicans to pursue.
rabbee: you left out, those on welfare. and never paid a dime, into either federal tax or social security. and mexistinean, refugees.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#148773 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit I take a certain amount of satisfaction in watching this.
Where he went wrong is basing his campaign on a lack of respect for facts. This time around the press is not letting him off the hook for that. That he says STUPID things on top of that is just an icing on the cake that was already rotten to begin with, IMO.
All he needed to do to have a real chance at the presidency was to run as a moderate. How hard would of that been to do? There were plenty of disaffected but RATIONAL people looking for an alternative.
rabbee: are you claiming that the lying obama has any true facts? ha! their is not a politician today, who is not distorting facts to their own corrupted slant.
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#148774 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I thought Obama was a muslim. You are confusing me now.
Is he one of those Zionist Muslims? I have heard about those.
rabbee: oh come on, none of you even know what the hell religion he is. but whatever occult religion he is, involves witchraft and sorcery.
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#148775 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But I thought Obama was a muslim. You are confusing me now.
Is he one of those Zionist Muslims? I have heard about those.
There both Muslims and Jews that are in the Zionist click.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_supporter...
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#148776 Sep 18, 2012
@ Frijolie
Some Muslim supporters of Israel consider themselves 'Muslim Zionists'.[6][7][8] Notable Muslims who publicly support Zionism include Dr. Tawfik Hamid,[9] Tashbih Sayyed, a Pakistani-American scholar, journalist, and author,[10] and the Bangladeshi journalist Salah Choudhury. Additional Muslim people who voiced public support for Israel included figures such as Irshad Manji, Salim Mansur, Abdurrahman Wahid, Mithal al-Alusi, Abdullah Saad Al-Hadlaq, Zuhdi Jasser and Khaleel Mohammed.[11]
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148777 Sep 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
<quoted text>So, we'll have another four years of the Abortioneer-In-Chief, the man who sees pregnancy as a "punishment" and who has done everything in his power to force me to underwrite his will to kill the "unwanted" unborn through his signature seizure of the U.S. healthcare delivery system, a.k.a., Obamacare.
Thats fine with me. I am not a one issue voter. On the whole, I am satisfied with what he has done, and more importantly, I do not like his opponent. His opponent strapped his dog on the roof of his car while on vacation- that alone should disqualify him!
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148778 Sep 18, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>There both Muslims and Jews that are in the Zionist click.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_supporter...
now are those muslim zionists or zionost muslims?
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148779 Sep 18, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
@ Frijolie
Some Muslim supporters of Israel consider themselves 'Muslim Zionists'.[6][7][8] Notable Muslims who publicly support Zionism include Dr. Tawfik Hamid,[9] Tashbih Sayyed, a Pakistani-American scholar, journalist, and author,[10] and the Bangladeshi journalist Salah Choudhury. Additional Muslim people who voiced public support for Israel included figures such as Irshad Manji, Salim Mansur, Abdurrahman Wahid, Mithal al-Alusi, Abdullah Saad Al-Hadlaq, Zuhdi Jasser and Khaleel Mohammed.[11]
Fair enough.

But the point is people like you have been painting Obama for 4 years as a closet muslim, and now you are calling him a closet Zionist. To everyone else rational, that is a contradiction. Kind of line with HUGHBES "Christian Jews"
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148780 Sep 18, 2012
Buford wrote:
Frijoles,
Are you even counted as alive on this thread if you don't have numbers of Islamozombies judging your threads harshly simply becaue they are posted in your name?
I have a fan club, I think they are off on break right now, probably eating a ham sandwich somewhere. On the other thread I frequent, they are alive and well.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148781 Sep 18, 2012
SeasideSoon wrote:
<quoted text>I would mention that some of those states had terrible welfare problems. Use Wisconsin as an example. Not until there was a Republican governor was any action taken about the number of people on welfare,(I'm speaking specifically of the don't-wanna-work-welfare-recip ients). After the system was reformed, the rolls dropped significantly. Due in part to the dwwwr flocking to neighboring states like Illinois. Many of these people originally migrated to Wisconsin when welfare payouts were at their zenith.
Its not just welfare - its about people on medicare, medicaid, social security. If you look at the maps, its mainly the southeast and Texas- your woods. All red territory. Also home to most of the congressional pork.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148782 Sep 18, 2012
THis is a link to one of the maps. There have been many articles on this the last few weeks.

http://www.balloon-juice.com/2010/04/11/welfa...
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#148783 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to admit I take a certain amount of satisfaction in watching this.
Where he went wrong is basing his campaign on a lack of respect for facts. This time around the press is not letting him off the hook for that. That he says STUPID things on top of that is just an icing on the cake that was already rotten to begin with, IMO.
All he needed to do to have a real chance at the presidency was to run as a moderate. How hard would of that been to do? There were plenty of disaffected but RATIONAL people looking for an alternative.
Your post is laughable in that it is Romney that states the facts, and Obama distorts the facts.
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148784 Sep 18, 2012
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/17/opinion/kru...
Moochers against Welfare

By PAUL KRUGMAN
Published: February 16, 2012

".....Many readers of The Times were, therefore, surprised to learn, from an excellent article published last weekend, that the regions of America most hooked on Mr. Santorum’s narcotic — the regions in which government programs account for the largest share of personal income — are precisely the regions electing those severe conservatives. Wasn’t Red America supposed to be the land of traditional values, where people don’t eat Thai food and don’t rely on handouts?

The article made its case with maps showing the distribution of dependency, but you get the same story from a more formal comparison. Aaron Carroll of Indiana University tells us that in 2010, residents of the 10 states Gallup ranks as “most conservative” received 21.2 percent of their income in government transfers, while the number for the 10 most liberal states was only 17.1 percent.

Now, there’s no mystery about red-state reliance on government programs. These states are relatively poor, which means both that people have fewer sources of income other than safety-net programs and that more of them qualify for “means-tested” programs such as Medicaid.

By the way, the same logic explains why there has been a jump in dependency since 2008. Contrary to what Mr. Santorum and Mr. Romney suggest, Mr. Obama has not radically expanded the safety net. Rather, the dire state of the economy has reduced incomes and made more people eligible for benefits, especially unemployment benefits. Basically, the safety net is the same, but more people are falling into it...."
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148785 Sep 18, 2012
Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>Your post is laughable in that it is Romney that states the facts, and Obama distorts the facts.
ya mon, laughing all the way to the ballot box

ya!
Frijoles

South Glastonbury, CT

#148786 Sep 18, 2012
Good night folks!

“There Is One Truth! Jesus!”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#148788 Sep 18, 2012
bmz wrote:
<quoted text>
The world would really be a better place without your country. Your country is the source of all troubles in the modern world. Admit it. You are the litter bin of American and thank God, the majority of Americans is not like you filthy ignorant fools.
We do not count you among decent Americans.
I have already told you that Hadith is just like the New Testament. Both books are full of unsubstantiated tales. Those books are not Scripture given by God. Men wrote tales, ignorant fools like you believed them.
Jesus was a pedophile and it has been reported in a document that Jesus had pedophilia for young boys.
Personally, I believe he was a Bisexual. That is the impression I get from the gospels.
The source of all the problems in the world is Islam.

After all:

1. Islam is the cause of the Israeli/Arab conflict;
2. Islam is the cause of terrorism;
3. Islam is the cause of severe religious discrimination throughout every Muslim dominated country in the Middle East;
4. Islam is the cause of immorality throughout the Middle East in every nation dominated by Islam;
5. Muslims are no better than Adolph Hitler who hated Jews with the same vindictiveness and evil intent as Muslims;
6. Muslims are the only people who are creating strife and wars based on their Islamic beliefs;
7. Muslims think they are better than non-Muslims based purely on the evil they are taught by their filthy cult, called Islam;
8. It's only Muslims that expect people to respect their so-called religion but then turn around and make it clear by their words and actions that they have absolutely no intention of respecting the religious beliefs of others;
9. Hence, Muslims are in a constant state of hypocrisy where they accuse governments and foreign people of acting immorally against their beliefs, but then it is clear that Muslims have absolutely no respect for the beliefs of others; and
10. It is clear that if Islam was wiped off the face of the earth we would solve the plight of ignorance and backwardness throughout the Muslim world and civility in the world would increase 100 fold instantly.

ISLAM IS A DEATH CULT!
Buford

Scott Depot, WV

#148789 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats fine with me. I am not a one issue voter. On the whole, I am satisfied with what he has done, and more importantly, I do not like his opponent. His opponent strapped his dog on the roof of his car while on vacation- that alone should disqualify him!
16.5 TRILLION in debt, but we need to pile on MORE!!!
Skeptic

Bethlehem, PA

#148790 Sep 18, 2012
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
ya mon, laughing all the way to the ballot box
ya!
Yea, and all the way to the poor house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hundreds Of Scientists Urge Trump To Pull Out O... 3 min So We Begin 157
News Defending the Faith: Intelligent design vs. 'Go... 6 min Subduction Zone 306
News Did T. rex have a sensitive side? 2 hr Figger Naggot 5
News Man convicted of manslaughter after he disturbe... 11 hr Parden Pard 8
News Remote Oregon town for sale for $3.5 million up... 21 hr Xstain Mullah Aroma 4
News Ontario Farmer 22 hr r Syrians at Meaford 1
Asbestos Cleanse Discovery Needed Tue bluebell 1
More from around the web