Parents facing charges after 3-year-old apparently overdoses on pills

Apr 16, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Kingsport Times

The mother of a 3-year-old boy who nearly died after apparently overdosing on her medication last month was formally charged Friday with child neglect/endangerment. The charge wasn't pertaining to solely the drug overdose, however, but also due to the residence occupied by three small children allegedly being filthy and infested with insects ... (more)

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated May 12, 2013
Caroline

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

This is awful! There has to be people or at least one person....a neightbor, family member, anyone, who knew about the conditions those poor children were living in. Why would they not report it?!
Abby

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I hope that poor baby is ok and won't have any permanent damage from this. I agree with you Caroline....how could anyone let these poor children live like this! I heard the father was charged with child abuse/neglect back in 2011 as well.
Caroline

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2013

Wow. I'm not sure what the dad got, but the mom got a year of probation and 96 hours of community service. The paper didn't mention parenting classes, which I am hoping she has to go to. What the heck?! Her child almost died due to her negligence, not to mention that all 3 of her children were living in filth and all she gets is a slap on the wrist. It's crap like this that has caused me to lose all faith in the judicial system!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Science Forum right now

Search the Science Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 8 min Shamma 200,006
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 8 min Uncle Sam 245,335
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 44 min The Dude 113,006
Not lovin' it in Russia: McDonald's, Wendy's in... 3 hr PROUD TO BE SERB 2
Autism's numbers game: Prevalence rates under m... 5 hr friend 4
Polar vortex's silver lining: 'really, really g... 8 hr Nonfiction 1
Transparent pesticide studies urged 23 hr SpaceBlues 1
•••
•••