Local Food Hub Working to Put Healthy Food on Lunch Tables - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News,...

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

As part of Virginia Farm to School Week, an area nonprofit is striving to provide access to fresh food to as many students as possible.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
RNR

Scottsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

55% of C'ville students qualify for free or reduced lunch. Ok, so does that say something here. If 55% make such low wages, then LOWER THE HOUSING PRICES. If 55% can't afford regular price lunches for their children, how the hell do you expect them to afford housing. We can't without struggling, that's how we do it. Something is seriously wrong with this picture. We don't all have those high paying jobs but yet housing prices and rent in C'ville is off the graph!
Dude

Montpelier, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

RNR wrote:
55% of C'ville students qualify for free or reduced lunch. Ok, so does that say something here. If 55% make such low wages, then LOWER THE HOUSING PRICES. If 55% can't afford regular price lunches for their children, how the hell do you expect them to afford housing. We can't without struggling, that's how we do it. Something is seriously wrong with this picture. We don't all have those high paying jobs but yet housing prices and rent in C'ville is off the graph!
WHAAA? Who do you think sets housing prices?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••