The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
84,541 - 84,560 of 255,919 Comments Last updated 9 min ago

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#100153 Feb 5, 2013
WASHINGTON—During opening statements for the first House Judiciary Committee hearing addressing comprehensive immigration reform, the top ranking Democrat on the committee urged his fellow members and the witnesses present to avoid using the phrase "illegal immigrant" during the daylong proceedings.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/top-democr...

Location hidden

#100154 Feb 5, 2013
Snake Eyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Fractious fractions
One problem I have with religious faith is that it’s as prolific and varied as products in the cereal aisle of a supermarket; from old fashioned Kellogg’s Corn Flakes to faddish upstarts like Ralston’s Batman cereal. Without being omniscient you never know which is the best bet.
Read more: http://www.recorder.com/home/4242931-95/god-r...
The best bet is highly personal. Faith does not require religion, logical proof, or material evidence. That alone gives credence to definitions that must number in the millions.

Location hidden

#100155 Feb 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservatives only see one truth. Their truth.
Same can be said of liberals.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100156 Feb 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't trolling princess trolluna ...
An associate 'found it' and sent it by ... ;0)
Don't you wish you had someone "you" could trust ...
For telling the TRUTH ...:)
Not a lot of "distorted HOGwash" ...
Ta ta ...
What's yer' point, nitwit? So what? I can't figure out what excites you about any of the stuff you posted. Did you think there was an "aha" moment in either? The fact that YOU and your friends are obsessed means what? You'd spend days and weeks and hours researching me, and this is whatcha' got? You posted a location and identified my garaged vehicle? OMG! Some of you are patently mentally ill AND desperate.

You had to go back to 2007 to find this "big deal" and it was over on another forum as well? This is absolutely nuts. You do know you're nuts? Looney as a horse on loco weed. I still don't believe you have any Cherokee blood. Nope. I absolutely cannot believe you carry even a smidgeon of Native American blood. The ONLY way it's even remotely possible is if you had been born to a couple of drunks. Don't ever try to pass yourself off that way again. It's sickening.
Snake Eyes

Long Beach, CA

#100157 Feb 5, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
The best bet is highly personal. Faith does not require religion, logical proof, or material evidence. That alone gives credence to definitions that must number in the millions.
Harking back to a golden era

Approaching a brightly lit hall with old-style arches and chandeliers reminiscent of Moorish Andalusia, we were in the midst of a Sufi haadrah (gathering) where men of different ages, many wearing sparkling white robes and turbans, oscillated back and forth in a circle chanting what meant ‘He! He! The eternal! The Eternal!’ As we were spontaneously invited to join in, my heart seemed to beat in sync with the rhythm of the Daf and I was reminded of the words of the great Egyptian Sufi Ibn el Faarid,“Huwa-l-Hubb”(He is Love!)!

Read more: http://www.asianage.com/travel/harking-back-g...

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#100158 Feb 5, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
WASHINGTON—During opening statements for the first House Judiciary Committee hearing addressing comprehensive immigration reform, the top ranking Democrat on the committee urged his fellow members and the witnesses present to avoid using the phrase "illegal immigrant" during the daylong proceedings.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/top-democr...
Hispanic GOP advisors have advised the same for their leadership. Everybody is waving a white flag, some more eagerly than others.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#100159 Feb 5, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
Same can be said of liberals.
lib·er·al

[ líbb?r?l ]

1.broad-minded: tolerant of different views and standards of behavior in others
2.progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
3.generous: freely giving money, time, or some other asset

Conservative-Definition

1.reluctant to accept change: in favor of preserving the status quo and traditional values and customs, and against abrupt change
2.of conservatism: relating to, characteristic of, or displaying conservatism
3.cautious and on low side: cautiously moderate and therefore often less than the final outcome

Location hidden

#100160 Feb 5, 2013
Republican Honey wrote:
Yes, I believe the progressive (and therefore politically correct) term is 'displaced foreign traveler'.

Location hidden

#100161 Feb 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>

LOL

Still pushing that fallacy?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100162 Feb 5, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What's yer' point, nitwit? So what? I can't figure out what excites you about any of the stuff you posted. Did you think there was an "aha" moment in either? The fact that YOU and your friends are obsessed means what? You'd spend days and weeks and hours researching me, and this is whatcha' got? You posted a location and identified my garaged vehicle? OMG! Some of you are patently mentally ill AND desperate.
You had to go back to 2007 to find this "big deal" and it was over on another forum as well? This is absolutely nuts. You do know you're nuts? Looney as a horse on loco weed. I still don't believe you have any Cherokee blood. Nope. I absolutely cannot believe you carry even a smidgeon of Native American blood. The ONLY way it's even remotely possible is if you had been born to a couple of drunks. Don't ever try to pass yourself off that way again. It's sickening.
WHO GIVES A DAMN WHAT YOU THINK ... ;0)

Was THAT post to "you" ...???
THEN get the HELL

"off my CLOUD" ...

Red, White And Blue
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

If ya don't wanna go to

FIST City ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

ya betta detour around my 'post'... ;0)

Location hidden

#100164 Feb 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
lib·er·al
[ líbb?r?l ]
2.progressive politically or socially: favoring gradual reform, especially political reforms that extend democracy, distribute wealth more evenly, and protect the personal freedom of the individual
I see you admit to wealth distribution. As to the tolerance, I suggest we ask conservative minorities and Christians about that.

Location hidden

#100165 Feb 5, 2013
tol-er-ate

1. to allow the existence, presence, practice, or act of without prohibition or hindrance; permit.

2. to endure without repugnance; put up with: I can tolerate laziness, but not incompetence.

Well, I must admit that describes one liberal woman I exchanged posts with here, oh, I'd say about four years ago.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100166 Feb 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
lib·er·al
[ líbb?r?l ]
Conservative-Definition
1.reluctant to accept change: in favor of preserving the status quo and traditional values and customs, and against abrupt change
2.of conservatism: relating to, characteristic of, or displaying conservatism
3.cautious and on low side: cautiously moderate and therefore often less than the final outcome
This Conservative IS:

Urban Dictionary: open minded
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...

BUT

will NOT "tolerate" being
BULLIED

By anyone ...!!! ;0)
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100167 Feb 5, 2013
Night peeps ...

)8~D>
American Lady

Danville, KY

#100168 Feb 5, 2013
One more I thought of ... ;0)

The Myth of Liberal Tolerance
OCTOBER 8, 2012 9:30 AM

The word “tolerate” means to put up with, to allow to exist. But liberals don’t mean it that way. They don’t preach tolerance, they preach conformity. Look up what these bastions of tolerance have said about the Tea Party. Look what they say about Allen West. Michele Bachmann, Sarah Palin, Clarence Thomas or anyone who dare creep outside the left-wing’s assigned box for them.

See, many liberals are, in reality, are the most intolerant human beings you’ll ever come across. They preach a “live and let live” philosophy, but relentlessly attack anyone with whom they disagree.

They can also be the most bigoted people you’ll ever meet. By bigoted I mean racist.

The most famous examples of this have been directed at Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. In 1994, political commentator Julianne Malveaux said on PBS that she wished Justice Thomas’ wife “feeds him lots of eggs and butter and he dies early like many black men do, of heart disease,” continuing,“Well, that’s how I feel. He is an absolutely reprehensible person.”

And in 1996, Emerge magazine ran a cover drawing of Justice Thomas dressed as a lawn jockey with the headline “Uncle Thomas: Lawn Jockey for The Far Right.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/the_rumble/2...

Location hidden

#100169 Feb 5, 2013
La Santa Muerte wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Still pushing that fallacy?
Just because you choose to dismiss it because it doesn't suit your agenda doesn't meant it is not valid.

Face it, conservatives are known for being intolerant of other people's views.

Conservatives have tried to twist it around to say that liberals, homosexuals, minorities are all intolerant of them but in reality these groups are just reacting to the Conservative attacks on their lifestyles, whether it be, gender, culture, political view points.. it's conservatives that are attacking people's personal freedoms to suit their conservative values and beliefs, not the other way around.

Location hidden

#100170 Feb 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
This Conservative IS:
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php... mindedness is when even if you think you are right, you know that you can be wrong and are always willing to listen to and hear an opposing or...
BUT
BULLIED
By anyone ...!!! ;0)
LMAO

Location hidden

#100171 Feb 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
This Conservative IS:
BUT
BULLIED
By anyone ...!!! ;0)
From YOUR link

Conservatives

2)(In America) A political affliation. Conservatives tend to believe in people taking care of themselves with as little government help as possible. They do not usually believe in social welfare systems. They also tend beleive in a strict interpretation of the Constitution in regard to the powers of the governement. Many but not all conservatives are supportive of the war in Iraq. A large portion of conservatives are Republicans.
Sadly, some conservatives (as with all groups of people) are biased and blindlly accuse liberals and other people they don't like of being "un-american" or not committed to protecting our country from terrorists.
3)a) Careful or cautious about things
b) not given to flamboyancy.
Ex. 1) A group of conservative farmers fought government laws that would regulate the amount of fertilizer they could use per year.
2) The conservative politcal commentator started attacking liberal policies, but his facts were not very good.
3)a) We need to be conservative with our firewood so it doesn't run out.
b) That's a very conservative outfit you're wearing for that job interview.
by andriod5 Jul 31, 2005 share this add a video
2. conservatives 694 up, 482 down
People who, under the pretext of religion and false "moral truths" perpetuate their greed and gain in a free-market system by exploiting the poor and working to extinguish as many civil liberties as possible. They also typically label pacifists and intellectuals as "freedom haters" and other ridiculous bullshit.
Conservatives are just Nazis without armbands. They wear ties instead of Swastikas but they hate Jews and blacks and homosexuals openly.
by KosmikKrazyKat Feb 26, 2005 share this add a video

3. Conservatives 434 up, 261 down
People whose political philosiphy is based on falsities. There are three kinds of conservatives. The first ones are the rich powrful people. They are conservatives because they are out of touch with the problems in society. Then there's religious conseratives, who ironically think that Jesus wants them to fuck the world up. The third group is the "blue-collar" conservatives who have no idea what conservatism really is; they just follow the first two groups blindly.
Examples of the three conservatives' groups:
Group 1: see George W. Bush
Group 2: see Catholic Church
Group 3: see red states, hicks, and rednecks
conservatism conservatives republicans george bush right wing
by Anne Coulter Jun 17, 2008 share this add a video
4. conservatives 406 up, 331 down
People who want to destroy america by letting the poor starve in the streets while having little bitch fits about not getting there tax cuts.

or

gun toteing rednecks
conservatives: george bush is a gun toteing redneck who is letting the poor starve and making the rich richer

makes sense why some1 would do that
i mean
its brilliant
ha
george bush is an idiot
genocide america tax cuts consevatives rednecks
by scottieee Jun 29, 2006 share this add a video
5. Conservatives 132 up, 60 down
People who tend to have black and white opinions on nearly every issue in the universe. Don't realize the importance of situational ethics. This is most likely the result of a fundamentalist religious upbringing.
A nine year old girl, tragically, is raped and impregnated by her stepfather. What to do? According to the religious absolutist, abortion is, under all circumstances, 100% wrong. Unless the birth is life-threatening, she can't abort.

American Lady

Danville, KY

#100172 Feb 5, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
Don't laugh too hard ...
Ya "ain't" GOT much as it IS!

Last drive thru ...

Location hidden

#100173 Feb 5, 2013
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
This Conservative IS:
BUT
BULLIED
By anyone ...!!! ;0)
From your link!

1.CONSERVATIVES
1)A term for people who learn towards the right side of the political spectrum. Like all political idealogies, it has both good and bad points.
2)(In America) A political affliation. Conservatives tend to believe in people taking care of themselves with as little government help as possible. They do not usually believe in social welfare systems. They also tend beleive in a strict interpretation of the Constitution in regard to the powers of the governement. Many but not all conservatives are supportive of the war in Iraq. A large portion of conservatives are Republicans.
Sadly, some conservatives (as with all groups of people) are biased and blindlly accuse liberals and other people they don't like of being "un-american" or not committed to protecting our country from terrorists.
3)a) Careful or cautious about things
b) not given to flamboyancy.
Ex. 1) A group of conservative farmers fought government laws that would regulate the amount of fertilizer they could use per year.
2) The conservative politcal commentator started attacking liberal policies, but his facts were not very good.
3)a) We need to be conservative with our firewood so it doesn't run out.
b) That's a very conservative outfit you're wearing for that job interview.
by andriod5 Jul 31, 2005 share this add a video
2. conservatives 694 up, 482 down
People who, under the pretext of religion and false "moral truths" perpetuate their greed and gain in a free-market system by exploiting the poor and working to extinguish as many civil liberties as possible. They also typically label pacifists and intellectuals as "freedom haters" and other ridiculous bullshit.
Conservatives are just Nazis without armbands. They wear ties instead of Swastikas but they hate Jews and blacks and homosexuals openly.
by KosmikKrazyKat Feb 26, 2005 share this add a video
3. Conservatives 434 up, 261 down
People whose political philosiphy is based on falsities. There are three kinds of conservatives. The first ones are the rich powrful people. They are conservatives because they are out of touch with the problems in society. Then there's religious conseratives, who ironically think that Jesus wants them to fuck the world up. The third group is the "blue-collar" conservatives who have no idea what conservatism really is; they just follow the first two groups blindly.
Examples of the three conservatives' groups:
Group 1: see George W. Bush
Group 2: see Catholic Church
Group 3: see red states, hicks, and rednecks
conservatism conservatives republicans george bush right wing
by Anne Coulter Jun 17, 2008 share this add a video
4. conservatives 406 up, 331 down
People who want to destroy america by letting the poor starve in the streets while having little bitch fits about not getting there tax cuts.

or

gun toteing rednecks
conservatives: george bush is a gun toteing redneck who is letting the poor starve and making the rich richer

makes sense why some1 would do that
i mean
its brilliant
ha
george bush is an idiot
genocide america tax cuts consevatives rednecks
by scottieee Jun 29, 2006 share this add a video

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min inbred Genius 115,150
Abortion (Jan '12) 30 min Ms_Julie 31
EPA charges SUNY Downstate with federal hazardo... 38 min FatLadyMe 1
Vilsack says up to $45M to available to help La... 41 min FatLadyMe 1
EPA says proposed Delta water tunnel would harm... 48 min FatLadyMe 1
Toxic burn pits: A story of wounded soldiers & ... 54 min FatLadyMe 1
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 55 min Adam 201,303
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••