The President has failed us

Full story: Times News

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.
Comments
84,421 - 84,440 of 255,590 Comments Last updated 13 min ago
Citizen Pain

Cromwell, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Rico from East Los II wrote:
At last yearís State of the Union Address, President Obama promised a new Financial Fraud Task Force would lead broad investigations of the financial crisis and the foreclosure fraud that led to it.
Zero criminal investigations later, itís time to get an answer to the question: What happened?
http://other98.com/pres-obama-you-said-you-we...
Too many democrats involved? Too much democrat influence peddling?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Since: Dec 09

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
I see a lot of people from the left use homophobia (the fear of sameness, monotony or of homosexuality or of becoming homosexual) as an ultimate put down along the lines of 'racist'.
Is this any different from, say, heterophobia or gerontophobia? Are all phobias a sign of character weakness, or are they legitimate, recognized mental illnesses?
Why is the right obsessed with being against homosexuals yet they're the ones getting caught the most with another mans penis in their hands?

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Norway produces the largest budget surpluses in the developed world and has no net national debt. Norway's miracle was built upon the highest corporate tax in the world, a wealth tax, and a 78% tax on oil profits.
"no net national debt."
What is net national debt?

Do you like their model of governace?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Citizen Pain wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many democrats involved? Too much democrat influence peddling?
Both democrats and republicans have demonstrated that when it comes to the banks.... both parties will do what the bankers tell them to do.

So Obama holds the strings to encouraging the Justice Dept to investigate this issue and so far there has been nothing.... ironically the House oversight committee lead by Rep. Daryll Issa remains mum on getting Obama to push the investigation.

You see... the bankers have these meatwads all paid off.

“Peace”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

teddyr4me wrote:
What's wrong with Chicago???? A sneaker tax???? Minimal, though it is, are they kidding???? What's next, a extra tax on Pampers???
http://www.1035kissfm.com/pages/jordan.html...
We have to budget our money, why don't the stewards of our tax money have to follow the same ideal?
No Depends...
:)
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
First of all, you're a fool to rely on any government to protect you. SCOTUS has ruled that government is under no obligation to protect you.
Warren v. District of Columbia[1](444 A.2d. 1, D.C. Ct. of Ap. 1981)
ahem... does that INCLUDE protecting one from hunger, the elements, ignorance and disease/injury?
I agree with SCOTUS, btw.
thanks for pointing out just HOW illegal some Fed Govt programs ARE.

“Peace”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the original claim made by a far right wing conspiracy theorist was that the majority of recent mass shooters have been registered democrats.
They were not.
Second, that claim has morphed from a claim that the shooters were democrats into the claim we saw in the post I replied to that these shooters were "liberals" as it has been spread throughout the far right blogosphere.
They were not.
Third, there is a difference between the far right and the "right".
Fourth, if you had actually read the article, you would have seen that the ideology of mass shooters is predominantly far right and the article did make a distinction between party affiliation and ideology.
Fifth, you're an idiot.
Jax you're confusing him with the facts. You know they never will listen to that it's different then what they believe.

“Peace”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Shouldn't you be at work paying the way for those who sponge off welfare? O, I get it!!! In reality, you're currently filling out your food stamp application at the welfare office and to kill time, you're surfing the web on an Obamaphone.
Yea.. I guess any white person with a delusional sense of importance would be upset if they had to sit in the welfare office with other broke azz white people.
Go ahead and vent... I'm here for you little buddy!!!
No Rico No, it's a Bushphone.

“Peace”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Norway produces the largest budget surpluses in the developed world and has no net national debt. Norway's miracle was built upon the highest corporate tax in the world, a wealth tax, and a 78% tax on oil profits.
Yeap Norway my fathers birth Country, land of my forefathers. They know what they're doing. Norwegians are like that.
lol
higgans

Marion, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Looks like House Republicans are not serious about cutting the debt since they're more than happy to be spend spend spend and raise raise raise that debt ceiling.
The vote in the Republican-controlled House was 285-144.
The good ole debt limit... the burden of the majority party in the House.
another GOOD point.
and, still many believe we still a TWO Party system...
maybe we will again... in the FUTURE.

hurry, hurry, hurry...

“Peace”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Well I see the same ol dialog taking place. Most is some sort of personal put down then any real discussion of issues. You people really deserve anything the Government wants to dish out to you. After all you don't have the civility to discuss with your fellow Ameicans but would much rather trash and bash.
Good for you...keep it up. As you are here putting your fellow man/woman down the world is still spinning and the worlds leaders still don't know what the people want. So they'll do what they want.
Tammy Bruce RULES

Walled Lake, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

BE AWARE! TOPIX IS CENSORING OUR POST FOR NO REASON.
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Frito Bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
That right wing extremist and antiquated argument has been debunked time and again by the Supreme Court. Due process clauses supersede, otherwise you wouldn't have deportation hearings.
There isn't anything antiquated about the Constitution, the 14th amendment reads and means the same as did when ratified in 1868.
Aliens have never been "subject to the jurisdiction, thereof", you and the USSC can't prove me wrong.

“Life is short. Enjoy the ride”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Jaxxon wrote:
<quoted text>
First, the original claim made by a far right wing conspiracy theorist was that the majority of recent mass shooters have been registered democrats.
They were not.
Second, that claim has morphed from a claim that the shooters were democrats into the claim we saw in the post I replied to that these shooters were "liberals" as it has been spread throughout the far right blogosphere.
They were not.
Third, there is a difference between the far right and the "right".
Fourth, if you had actually read the article, you would have seen that the ideology of mass shooters is predominantly far right and the article did make a distinction between party affiliation and ideology.
Fifth, you're an idiot.
Here's another example of anti-government insanity from the far right:

Jimmy Lee Dykes - murderer and kidnapper:

According to FOX News, Dykes is described as a loner. The 65 year old is a decorated Vietnam veteran, who was on active duty in the US Navy from 1965 to 1969. His records indicate that he was awarded the Vietnam Service Medal and the Good Conduct Medal. He was trained in aviation maintenance. He is described as an angry old man, who rails against the government, starting with President Obama down and listens to a lot of conservative talk radio. After leaving the navy Dykes resided in Florida, where he worked as a surveyor and long haul truck driver.

He had some scrapes with the law, which included improper display of a firearm in 1995, a charge that was dismissed. In 2000 he was arrested for marijuana possession.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/342781#ixzz...
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There are many Rico's. Watch out, one might be right behind you!!!
Sleep with one eye open

;0)
Justice Dale

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
A majority of Gitmo prisoners were innocent. I have to question why you think it's OK to kill innocent people? Would you like it of somebody came into your home and killed your family for no reason?
Not one person taken from the battlefield as an illegal combatant was innocent, they were guilty until proven innocent.
Shit happens during war!
Pok Guy

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Libs suck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really,
Mmost mass shooters are libtards.... which only goes to prove what whackjobs you folks are.
Tell us dim bulb, how a picture of a gun on a laptop is a bad thing, but movies showing ultra-violence is good thing...
This aughta be good for a few laughs.
The idea that most mass murders are liberals is based on the assertions of Roger Hedgecock, a right-wing radio show host. In fact, most mass murders express an ideology (racism, misogyny, entitlement, psychosis, etc) typically associated with the right-wing. All of these individuals expressed such a right-wing outlook: Nidal Hasan (the Ft. Hood shooter), Seung-Hui Cho, James Holmes, Adama Lanza, Klebold and Harris, Tim McVeigh, Mexican-hating James Oliver Huberty, White supremacist Buford O. Furrow, Jim David Atkinsson, who hated Democrats, liberals, African Americans and homosexuals, white supremacist Keith Luke, etc., etc, and etc.

Your reliance on an entertainer's gross misinformation is the cause of your Republicanism. It can be cured with an education.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
ahem... does that INCLUDE protecting one from hunger, the elements, ignorance and disease/injury?
I agree with SCOTUS, btw.
thanks for pointing out just HOW illegal some Fed Govt programs ARE.
Out of curiosity, what programs do you feel are illegal?

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>No Rico No, it's a Bushphone.
Yea you're right but I was dealing with a person who would not get it had I said Bushphone.

“Rico's Are Everywhere”

Gangland, North America

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Justice Dale wrote:
<quoted text>Not one person taken from the battlefield as an illegal combatant was innocent, they were guilty until proven innocent.
Shit happens during war!
Innocent till proven guilty is no where to be found in the US Constitution. It's simply derived from English jurisprudence therefore I have to agree with you here.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Findings from Lomonosov Moscow State University... 7 min Akrom hussain cho... 1
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 29 min Subduction Zone 114,805
Global warming risks being irreversible, draft ... 46 min Jim the Hoax Denier 3
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr JOEL 201,179
Ruidoso forestry director says home remedy may ... 2 hr citizen 3
Turkey: 'We're ready to increase food exports t... 2 hr anti muslim el sa... 16
Amish farm kids have lower asthma, allergy risk (Mar '12) 5 hr WAKEFIELD WAS RIGHT 6
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Science People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••