The President has failed us

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election. Full Story

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#83788 Jan 3, 2013
---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
"If dishonesty is what you are looking for then dishonesty is all you will find."
I don't go "looking for" dishonesty. That's just one more of your ludicrous comments.
You are dishonest. All one need do is read your words.
I'll use my mind anyway I choose, and who or what you are is irrelevant to me. You're not as important as you try to be.
"I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes."
You said enough. I concur.
higgans

Marion, IN

#83789 Jan 3, 2013
EAGLE EYE1 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have to cut spending sooner or later NTR..
Eagle
u're kidding, right? I mean, other than Defense and Border security, everything else is NEEDED. u just don't want to accept the New Reality. pity....

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#83790 Jan 3, 2013
Jennifer Haskins wrote:
<quoted text>
Best.
Gift.
Ever.
Thank you so very much for this little nugget Rose!
<quoted text>
"I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes"
PS...
Can someone in charge around here make sure this post of Rose's NEVER get's deleted?
Because as we all know, they must be trying INCESSANTLY to make it disappear by now!
Thanks.
This one?
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/immigration/T...

positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Everything that my senses detect goes to my head as they should. Are you different?
<quoted text>
I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes. I prefer to use my mind.
But I often read lies here, so you could say my vision helps my mind detect dishonesty.
Your senses are lying to you in my opinion because you're a very dishonest person.
This place is very one-dimensional. You seem to fit right in.

Since: Jun 10

Fremont, CA

#83791 Jan 3, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
"F*ck You! Report this, troll."
No problem. I reported ya.
Still waiting for a warning from Topix, Ralffy. LOL!

You better get busy.
PACO Rebel Alliance

Los Angeles, CA

#83792 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
I disagree. It wasn't "dumb" at all. You along with the other simpletons just didn't get it.
Read some Socrates, then get back to me about the physical senses and thought.
People who rely solely on their senses to influence their thoughts are no different than animals who react instinctively like Pavlov's dogs did to physical stimuli. I didn't say that senses don't INFLUENCE thought. What I said was "I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes." Big difference. It has to do with controlling your thoughts, something that reactionaries seldom do. They act without thinking, they speak without thinking. All they do is react to physical stimulus, and that's the extent of their thinking. That's what a kitten or an infant does.
Like I said before, you can be blind and/or deaf and still form thoughts.
You didn't get the point--way over your head I'm sure.
Hey Rose, how they hangin?

LOL!!!
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#83794 Jan 3, 2013
higgans wrote:
<quoted text>
of course, Jack. the Rep Party has NEVER embraced the TEA Party Movement. the fact that the TPM USED Reps to enter elections is NOT the same as the GOP adopting the fiscal/Constitutional views of the TPM.
apparently the fact that BOTH corrupted pol Parties trashed the TPM has escaped u. but, it is only Common Sense that TP candidates would go on the ballots as the PERCEIVED conservative party, the GOP. maybe 20 years ago, a Blue Dog/Dixie-crat may have been a TPM candidate... but, NOT today. maybe tomorow?
but, nevermind... all is GOOD. ur side WON... at least Nationally. revel in ur victory. AND, own the future fruits of ur victory. we, the vanquished, don't want or need any more share of the glory, OR BLAME, for YOUR policies.
the next abused welfare child to go hungry or die is on YOUR SIDE.
the next $2.00 incease in gasoline prices... YOURS.
the next WAR or military excurision... YOURS.
corporate welfare or bailout... YOURS.
the current and future Fed Govt raises... YOURS.
the next $4-6Trillion in Nat'l Debt... YOURS.
the increase in inflation and interest rates and Misery Index... YOURS.
terrorist attack or ambassodor killing... YOURS.
etc, etc, etc, ETC....
AND I AM FINE WITH THE NEW REALITY. in fact, I am looking FORWARD to IT.LOL
time to stop blaming the NO LONGER EXISTING Opposition Party... YOU WON... IT ALL.
lol what a joke your just assuming and trying to place blame on the other party becaues your own party is crumbling before your own eyes... the republican party cannot even come to agreement within it's own let alone reach accross the aisle .. the only blame here should be put on house republicans for being so incompetent and childish.

Fremont, CA

#83795 Jan 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>"I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes. I prefer to use my mind."
No input= invalid and "virtual" thought.
"Thought" is neither "invalid" nor "virtual."

You don't know how your brain forms thoughts apparently. Where is the sensory input from a dream?

You're in over your head, Posey. Thinking for yourself is not your forte however.
Anonymous

Pune, India

#83796 Jan 3, 2013
15year old pregnant and left to be beggar
raped

Fremont, CA

#83797 Jan 3, 2013
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
okay. Now I see it too. It does appear NTR may write for rose.
LMAO! Grow up, Ralffy.

Fremont, CA

#83799 Jan 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>Rose said: " I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes"
That, Tinka, means everything to me.
You're stuck on stupid, POS.

You react like a child.
Quirky The Eye

Denver, CO

#83801 Jan 3, 2013
Trollwood wrote:
LOOKS LIKE THE CUT THROAT REPUBLICANS WILL FIND ANOTHER TOOL TO USE AND ABUSE!!! I TELL YOU FOLKS... REPUBLICANS ARE FALLING LIKE DYING FLIES!!!
Boehner to be forced out or resign as House Speaker
It comes as no real surprise, but it is reported that House Speaker John Boehner will not be reelected Speaker tomorrow or will resign his position.
http://www.examiner.com/article/boehner-to-be...
WASHINGTON The House and Senate ushered in a new Congress Thursday, re-electing Republican John Boehner as speaker and hailing one of their own who returned a year after being felled by a stroke.

The 113th Congress convened at 12 noon EST, the constitutionally mandated time, with pomp, pageantry and politics on both sides of the Capitol.

yahoonews.com

Fremont, CA

#83802 Jan 3, 2013
-Old Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
"What lies have I told on these threads?"
For starters? That your brother was/is MIA, Viet Nam War. You LIED.
No, people do not follow you around and attack you. There is a tight knit group of you that attack (aka banter) each other equally and fairly. You would be lost without each other. Now, with other posters who do indulge in debate, you and your friends are there on the spot calling them far right conservatives without knowing anything about them. Other than them having a different point of view than you and your friends.
You and your friends are far from being independent thinkers or speakers for that matter. You feed off of each other and quite frankly all of you are too cowardly to call each other out for your vile, crass and vulgar postings. Your friends appease you mostly to escape your melt downs followed by your erratic outbursts. Again, I think both you and NPR are one in the same and if by chance I am wrong NPR is most definitely too cowardly to call you out. Yes the two of you have gone after each other. Hands down NPR is no match for you as you can eat her alive with your abrasiveness.
You are lying again. I am not full of hatred.
You are being paranoid and assaulting me now with your false allegations. I have no desire to use "feedback" to report you to Topix let alone get rid of you or see you get banned. I am not a shallow kind of person who does sh!t like that, that several of you do to each other and then laugh about it.
Here you go a lying again, lil miss rosie. I am not a "chit-stirring troll with a new account".
You folks want people to be registered. I registered. Well???? Now what, miss smarty pants????
You need to grow up and stop telling lies and attacking others because they have a different point of view than you. Actually you really do not verbalize much of a point of view as you are too busy calling others liars or some other silly childish name... So you can just stop snorting hot steam out of your nostrils.
"For starters? That your brother was/is MIA, Viet Nam War. You LIED."

What a vicious, hateful monster you are. I would never and could never lie about such a thing. Just what is it you get out of me such a cruel and abusive person anyway?

And yes people do follow me. YOU came here to post your malicious judgments and personally attack me.

"You need to grow up and stop telling lies and attacking others because they have a different point of view than you."

You need to practice what you and your cohorts here preach. I lied about NOTHING. It's YOU who's lying in fact and using this thread to attack me and others and without any provocation from me. YOU are attacking me because of my different point of view. And the conservatives here are ALWAYS calling people "libtards" and other derogatory names.

Who in the hell are YOU to tell me anything? No one, that's who. Take your judgmental, accusatory condemnations and hateful lies and shove them, you ignorant and vicious fool.

YOU are the one obsessed with me and preaching to me about who I am, how I should post and posting your vile insults and lies.

Get lost, troll. And yes you ARE a troll, registered or not.

Fremont, CA

#83803 Jan 3, 2013
positronium wrote:
<quoted text> " I don't let my senses dictate my thought processes"
That is what she said:
You can't spin that at all so don't even try to.
She falls in lockstep with Obama's "someone else made that happen"
To her.........
LMAO! Posey, you're suffering from a severe OCD attack I'm afraid.

You keep repeating that comment I made and have no idea what it means. Now that is stupid. Like I said, thinking is not your forte. All you do is react. Try thinking for a change and RESPONDING like an intelligent adult, instead of one of Pavlov's dogs.

Fremont, CA

#83804 Jan 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want the thread to themselves. The want those who disagree with them to submit to their views and beliefs. These people enjoy unleashing the perverse within that anonymity provides them. Just imagine what their reactions would be to realize that their anonymity was all just an illusion. Just food for thought. ;)
I really don't think a single one of them has the intellectual capacity of a gnat, and they don't even know what they're trying to do. LOL!

They do seem to enjoy abusing people though for the sheer pleasure of it. That's a psychopath's behavior. But the anonymity simply provides cowards with the courage they don't have.

Truth is I don't care who any of them are. I wouldn't want to know people like this and thankfully I don't. I detest liars, manipulators and abusers and have very little patience for ignorance and childish games.

“"One for the claws"”

Since: Jul 10

Sin City,U.S.A.

#83805 Jan 3, 2013
NTRPRNR1 wrote:
<quoted text>What role do you think the U.S. should play in the Arab Spring? Nothing? Should we just back off entirely and leave it to Russia or China to "fix" everything? Seriously, what would you prefer the U.S. do in a region in which we have strategic and vital economic interests?
If the U.S. shows no concerns to the peoples' demands for freedom from the oppression of dictators, why would the U.S. assume the new governments being created would have any use at all for an indifferent and non-supportive USA? Foreign diplomacy isn't always a State dinner, a live band and some mighty fine wine flowing into Baccarat crystal.
Last, in the Middle East, you'd be hard pressed to find any segment of the population (much less a popular liberation front) who are Baptists. Not gonna' happen.
Hello Ntr.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the people's freedom. Zilch Nada. It has to do with the Middle East's natural resources. The U.S. has long term plans for the Middle East. Eventually the entire area will be under the control of the Muslim Brotherhood. They, in exchange for this. are supposed to favor the U.S. in who gets and doesn't get the Middle East's natural resources. In theory this would shut Russia and China out. This objective has not been met yet. There have been a few hiccups along the way. Afghanistan and Iraq for instance. Also lets not forget Benghazi. This was a weapons running operation that went bad. In 2011 the U.S. provided weaponry to Libyan rebels to overthrow Gaddafi Duck. Once this was accomplished ,the U.S. went in and gathered up Gaddafi's weapon stockpile. Some weapons were destroyed. Others were sent to Syria through Turkey. These weapons were to be used by Al Qaeda/Syrian rebels to overthrow Assad's government. Apparently this did not go over to well with the rebels we armed earlier. They wanted those weapons themselves. Its very likely they were the attackers of the so-called U.S. mission. Because of this meddling over 60,000 Syrians have been killed. All to keep Russia or China from tapping into those resources. Which by the way the U.S. doesn't really need.

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#83806 Jan 3, 2013
_White American_ wrote:
<quoted text>And this is how she was stating that she didn't use her senses:
" dictionary.reference.com/browse/sense
any of the faculties, as sight, hearing, smell, taste, or touch, by which humans and animals perceive stimuli originating from outside or inside the body."
But instead used her brain. You know posi not getting emotionally wrapped up in all the bs and using ones brain..intellect. A rare commodity on a blog.
Really? Then why couldn't she have explained that herself?

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#83807 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
Still waiting for a warning from Topix, Ralffy. LOL!
You better get busy.
Well I can't do anything about that but I did report you as you requested.

Fremont, CA

#83808 Jan 3, 2013
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I made an error. It happens.
It's possible that what Rose posted is just beyond your understanding. It's not unusual for people to resort to ridicule when confronted with things they don't understand. Stretch a little farther Posit, maybe, attempt a sort of mental yoga approach. It certainly can't make things any worse.
Thanks, X.

I think POS is afraid of any kind of ideas or thoughts that he can't understand. Truth is he wouldn't have reacted to my comment in this obsessive manner at all if it hadn't been for a couple of others who mocked my comment to begin with.

Posey is a follower and not capable of independent, creative thought. He needs constant encouragement to be as stupid as he is.

He didn't understand the comment at all, but then anyone who relies solely on their senses to form their thoughts is pretty limited intellectually. It's a philosophical idea to begin with which has to do with "pure thought" as opposed to sensory response thought.

He didn't get it and I doubt he can. He'd rather criticize, condemn and belittle something he can't understand than try to learn from it.

"I think therefore I am" said Descartes.

So to the depth and degree a person THINKS he becomes that much more human and aware.

People like Posey think very little so they remain very small people. Their loss.

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#83809 Jan 3, 2013
<quoted text>
"For starters? That your brother was/is MIA, Viet Nam War. You LIED."
What a vicious, hateful monster you are. I would never and could never lie about such a thing. Just what is it you get out of me such a cruel and abusive person anyway?
And yes people do follow me. YOU came here to post your malicious judgments and personally attack me.
"You need to grow up and stop telling lies and attacking others because they have a different point of view than you."
You need to practice what you and your cohorts here preach. I lied about NOTHING. It's YOU who's lying in fact and using this thread to attack me and others and without any provocation from me. YOU are attacking me because of my different point of view. And the conservatives here are ALWAYS calling people "libtards" and other derogatory names.
Who in the hell are YOU to tell me anything? No one, that's who. Take your judgmental, accusatory condemnations and hateful lies and shove them, you ignorant and vicious fool.
YOU are the one obsessed with me and preaching to me about who I am, how I should post and posting your vile insults and lies.
Get lost, troll. And yes you ARE a troll, registered or not.
Still think I am old man rose?
jackson

Lexington, KY

#83810 Jan 3, 2013
Trollwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont forget the USA holds the largest number of God & Gun domestic terrorist who think nothing of children getting massacred at school.
They're also known as right wing radicals!!!
That is a mean-spirited, heartless statement. And totally, incredibly untrue.
By the way, this was not made to start a dialog with you -- I have no desire for that. Your mind and heart are irretrievably lost to all common decency (along with many others - on all sides - on these boards).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 4 min replaytime 133,727
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr JOEL 207,521
Gragg: Crop circles made by UFOs (Feb '09) 1 hr Nomad 33
We'll Find Alien Life in This Lifetime, Scienti... (May '14) 4 hr One way or another 28
Geologist Speculates on Disappearance of Sanxin... 4 hr Ken 1
Alert! ECG cuts power to seismic station for no... 4 hr Krazy 1
Baloney Meter: will phasing out coal solve a ri... 11 hr Hal 1
More from around the web