The President has failed us

The President has failed us

There are 369918 comments on the Times News story from Jun 9, 2012, titled The President has failed us. In it, Times News reports that:

This week, I decided to list the reasons I would not vote for Barack Obama in the next election.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Times News.

Since: Feb 09

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#70259 Dec 9, 2012
USMail XXXII wrote:
<quoted text>
What you cut and pasted is not a statute and it's not a chapter of the UCMJ. Where's the citation, dude?
Verbage from the Hatch Act, I'm told. Again, kindly post any photos of military uniforms at any political rally or fund raiser, said uniforms NOT part of anything but a purely military function, if you can. You cannot, otherwise (again) Obama would have been surrounded by them.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#70260 Dec 9, 2012
Department of Defense
DIRECTIVE
NUMBER 1344.10
February 19, 2008
USD(P&R)
SUBJECT: Political Activities by Members of the Armed Forces
References:(a) DoD Directive 1344.10,“Political Activities by Members of the Armed
Forces on Active Duty,” August 2, 2004 (hereby canceled)
(b) Sections 973, 888, 101, and Chapter 47 of title 10, United States Code
(c) DoD Instruction 1334.1,“Wearing of the Uniform,” October 26, 2005
(d) Section 441a of title 2, United States

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#70261 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney ran and got 49% of the popular vote.
Move on. Get over it.
There you go again Ralff, trying to push people around. Obama actually won by a respectable margin.

In John F. Kennedy's presidential win in 1960 he only won by 112,827 votes.

Obama won by roughly over three and half million. ;)

Location hidden

#70262 Dec 9, 2012
justagi wrote:
Department of Defense
DIRECTIVE
NUMBER 1344.10
February 19, 2008
USD(P&R)
SUBJECT: Political Activities by Members of the Armed Forces
References:(a) DoD Directive 1344.10,“Political Activities by Members of the Armed
Forces on Active Duty,” August 2, 2004 (hereby canceled)
(b) Sections 973, 888, 101, and Chapter 47 of title 10, United States Code
(c) DoD Instruction 1334.1,“Wearing of the Uniform,” October 26, 2005
(d) Section 441a of title 2, United States
It's a picture, on TOPIX.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#70263 Dec 9, 2012
More: http://www.google.com/url...

Geebus. I'm not going to dwell on this, anymore. It is of no concern to civilians unless they're at a political function and start seeing military uniforms apparently in support of a candidate- certainly would look suspect, wouldn't it? Like a military coup were that candidate to be elected?

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Since: Dec 11

Divided We Fall

#70264 Dec 9, 2012
justagi wrote:
<quoted text>Your memory is faulty- I've been an E-7 for a while.
That fault mail is experiencing effects far more than her memory too. At the very minimum the whole brain is wired wrong and the affects may go even further.

Fort Worth, TX

#70265 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney ran and got 49% of the popular vote.
Move on. Get over it.
Which is to say; Obama won, with over half the popular vote!

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70266 Dec 9, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again Ralff, trying to push people around. Obama actually won by a respectable margin.
In John F. Kennedy's presidential win in 1960 he only won by 112,827 votes.
Obama won by roughly over three and half million. ;)
Wow! You are gonna compare Obama to JFK? Lmao! Dudette, you shoulda kept your mouth shut instead.

Now lets keep JFK and Cuba in mind as Obama handles the world tensions building today. Lol! Remember, Kennedy kept PEACE without war. Stared it in the face and mad it go away......

So glad you brought this up.

Fort Worth, TX

#70267 Dec 9, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a picture, on TOPIX.
Sorry if I'm jumping into something in which I have no place, but is this about my avatar photo?'cause if it is, I'd like to apologize to anyone whose sensibilities I offended. I am used to dealing with people of stronger constitution.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70268 Dec 9, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is to say; Obama won, with over half the popular vote!
I kinda thought that went without saying but I guess I am glad you pointed it out for the liberals. I forgot about them.

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#70269 Dec 9, 2012

Location hidden

#70270 Dec 9, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry if I'm jumping into something in which I have no place, but is this about my avatar photo?'cause if it is, I'd like to apologize to anyone whose sensibilities I offended. I am used to dealing with people of stronger constitution.
It didn't offend me at all Terry. In fact, I believe the only reason anyone whined about it was because you did not join in on the "Obama hating" mentality.

I appreciate your concern over offending others but you shouldn't take your picture down just to appease a bunch of haters. Unless you just feel more comfortable doing so, if so, I understand. ;)

Location hidden

#70271 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! You are gonna compare Obama to JFK? Lmao! Dudette, you shoulda kept your mouth shut instead.
Now lets keep JFK and Cuba in mind as Obama handles the world tensions building today. Lol! Remember, Kennedy kept PEACE without war. Stared it in the face and mad it go away......
So glad you brought this up.
LOL

The numbers Ralff, the numbers. President Kennedy was a popular President and he only won by a hundred thousand plus.

Obama won by far more than that. You just can't accept when you're wrong can you.

Trying to push me around too?? LOL!!

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70272 Dec 9, 2012
USDA chief: Rural America becoming less relevant

Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack has some harsh words for rural America: It's "becoming less and less relevant," he says.
more..

Wow, with representation like that who needs opposition?

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70273 Dec 9, 2012

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70274 Dec 9, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
The numbers Ralff, the numbers. President Kennedy was a popular President and he only won by a hundred thousand plus.
Obama won by far more than that. You just can't accept when you're wrong can you.
Trying to push me around too?? LOL!!
Wrong? I voted for Obama dumbazz.

For your Obama/Kennedy notion;

Navy sends 2 more warships for N. Korean missile launch
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/...

Syria warns rebels may use chemical weapons
http://www.france24.com/en/20121208-syria-war...

I am rooting for him but not placing any money on him.

Fort Worth, TX

#70275 Dec 9, 2012
X -Man- wrote:
<quoted text>
It didn't offend me at all Terry. In fact, I believe the only reason anyone whined about it was because you did not join in on the "Obama hating" mentality.
I appreciate your concern over offending others but you shouldn't take your picture down just to appease a bunch of haters. Unless you just feel more comfortable doing so, if so, I understand. ;)
I know the reasons. I just get tired of all the whining. It's kind of like when the grandkids come over and find that they don't get their way and the parents won't discipline them. It's easier to just go into the den, shut the door and let them have the damned TV! My thinking is; if you have to resort to childish behavior to get your way, fine. It isn't a reflection on me. I spent my time in uniform and know who I am and what I've done. Give them their damned pacifier and shut 'em up!

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

United States

#70277 Dec 9, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
In the interest of peace and harmony, I will not use that photo which has caused such an outcry from our patriotic conservatives. Of course, this will in no way change my thinking. I simply thought it might give people some idea from whence that thinking came. Personally, I happen to like thu blues and it is, without a doubt the best photo I've ever had taken; my looks haven't improved with age.
So! Without the photo; I still think that the U.S. elected the right man for the job. I still think that Romney could not be pinned down to one position on ANY issue. I still think that, if we had not elected Mr. Obama in 2008, we would still be standing in soup lines. I still think that anyone who refers to the President as a wannabe king or dictator is utilizing reductio ad absurdum, which is a fallacy in logic and belittles those who resort to it. And finally, My messages aren't blocked. If you have a problem with me personally, drop me a line.
Although I have a differing political opinion, I consider your decision and subsequent post to be in the highest honor.

Ralff

“United We Stand”

Divided We Fall

#70278 Dec 9, 2012
Terry Buckeye wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the reasons. I just get tired of all the whining. It's kind of like when the grandkids come over and find that they don't get their way and the parents won't discipline them. It's easier to just go into the den, shut the door and let them have the damned TV! My thinking is; if you have to resort to childish behavior to get your way, fine. It isn't a reflection on me. I spent my time in uniform and know who I am and what I've done. Give them their damned pacifier and shut 'em up!
Thank you for responding to xman with the statement "My thinking is; if you have to resort to childish behavior to get your way, fine. It isn't a reflection on me" in it. No needed to read that more than her.

Location hidden

#70279 Dec 9, 2012
Ralff wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong? I voted for Obama dumbazz.
For your Obama/Kennedy notion;
Navy sends 2 more warships for N. Korean missile launch
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/...
Syria warns rebels may use chemical weapons
http://www.france24.com/en/20121208-syria-war...
I am rooting for him but not placing any money on him.
LMAO

What is my "Obama /Kennedy notion" Ralff?

I was replying to your pushy comment to Ntr, and making the point that Obama won by a larger margin than Jfk, who was a very popular president.

You pointing out Jfk's accomplishments just proves my point further.

You claim to have voted for him yet you constantly post negativity about him.

You bring new meaning to the word "lukewarm" Ralffy. ;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 8 min Critical Eye 186,723
News Sea level rise: It's worse than we thought (Jul '09) 1 hr Fair Game 3,458
News Taiwan quake fells 17-storey building, 123 resc... 3 hr TW_sugar_daddio 4
News Latin America scrambles to squash Zika-spreadin... 4 hr langham science d... 1
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 5 hr ISA AKA BARON44 243,120
News Face-to-face still trumps texts for social clos... 14 hr Mistydo 1
News Amish give up on pricey Ontario, head for new l... 20 hr PEI 1
More from around the web