What's Different About The New HFA In...

What's Different About The New HFA Inhalers?

There are 10 comments on the Tampa Bay Online story from Jan 10, 2009, titled What's Different About The New HFA Inhalers?. In it, Tampa Bay Online reports that:

As of Jan. 1, all albuterol inhalers used by millions of Americans with asthma have gone "green." The replacement of inhalers propelled by chlorofluorocarbons with hydrofluoroalkane -propelled inhalers was ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tampa Bay Online.

Thomas

United States

#1 Jan 16, 2009
Yes thats all well and good, going green and all. These new inhalers are useless. Maybe the lawmakers should go through a full blown asthma attack and use their new PRODUCT!!! Then we can see their faces turn GREEN FROM NOT BREATHING!!!!! FURTHERMORE THE COST IS DUBBLE FOR PEOPLE WITHOUT INSURANCE!!!! Fix other things like HAIR SPRAY and DEODERANT FIRST !!!! DON'T PUT US IN DANGER. THIS IS LIFE OR DEATH FOR SOME OF US.
Kathi

West Yarmouth, MA

#2 Jan 19, 2009
Not only do they cost more (even for those with insurance) they are alot smaller in size than the old ones!!!!! They run out faster and actually want you to use them more often (in my case) throughout the day. At this rate I will go broke and who knows what will happen if I have a full blown asthma attack. DEATH????? Is that what it will take for them to change back? Sooooo ridiculous.
Jorge

Piqua, OH

#3 Jan 26, 2009
The rationale is that, if all applications of CFC's are eliminated, no one will make them and they'll no longer be emitted. Sure - it's bull - the evels emitted from inhalers are de minimus and the propellant they use HFC is a global warming gas.
Just another example of subordinating human welfare to politically correct environmentalism.
Mary

Buellton, CA

#4 Feb 2, 2009
I agree with Kathi...I went to get my inhaler the other day...and was in shock!! I used to pay 5.00$ for my generic albuterol...large white one...NOW...I pay 30 $ for this little yellow one(proventil) that does not spray as much...Im pissed and will try to find some on the net to purchase of the old ones...! What the hell were they thinking !!
Tracy

Lafayette, LA

#5 Feb 25, 2009
Yes, Im sure our little TINY asthma inhalers are putting out HUGE amounts of harmful gases!! All of a sudden they are worried about the environment being hurt from the tiny things,THEY FORGOT ABOUT THE PATIENTS who won't get any benefit from the "cleaner air" because we will be DEAD cause we cant afford to buy the new ones any more!!! I guess the air is better 6 foot under.
Elizabeths mom

Asheville, NC

#6 May 8, 2009
This new cfc-free inhaler is USELESS! It's frightening!
Even our DOCTOR will not speak up. He just gives us the run-around and reminds us to "wash the mouthpiece," like THAT will make the "medicine" work!
STUPID, MEAN-SPIRITED THING, this issue! Who from HELL did this? Bet they don't have asthma.
Art

San Francisco, CA

#7 May 8, 2009
Elizabeths mom wrote:
This new cfc-free inhaler is USELESS! It's frightening!
Even our DOCTOR will not speak up. He just gives us the run-around and reminds us to "wash the mouthpiece," like THAT will make the "medicine" work!
STUPID, MEAN-SPIRITED THING, this issue! Who from HELL did this? Bet they don't have asthma.
Then-EPA Administrator Carol Browner (Obama's current Global Warming Czar) did this by forcing through decision IX/19 Part 5 at the 1997 meeting of the Montreal Protocol- she is as responsible for this as anyone (she was undoubtedly taking orders from her mentor, then-Vice President, Al Gore). I don't think either of them has asthma.

Help us get legalize CFC MDIs at www.SaveCFCinhalers.org
Hubby Evans

France

#9 Feb 5, 2013
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
Croftoon

Sweden

#10 Apr 20, 2013
i wrote:
I have ordered prescription drugs (without a prescription) online from http://inhousegeneric.info about two years ago, and was pleased with the speed and quality of service.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing with my medication. The meds is expensive, but there is a generic version available overseas.
I love the idea of taking responsibility for my own health (or lack of health) and skipping the bureaucracy... to say nothing of having to drive to the doctor, wait in line, yet again, to get a prescription refilled.
http://inhousegeneric.info very clear and informative site, simple ordering process and very fast delivery. All round excellent service - will use again.
Payton

UAE

#12 Aug 15, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House mulls letting states require drug t... 2 hr NeedToKnowInfo 20
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 2 hr Theo 256,403
News Exchange club eyes unused playground for commun... (Jul '10) 15 hr Pamela Womack-Canon 3
News House eliminates emissions testing 19 hr Joey 1
News Shearer shortage looms over sheep farmers 21 hr Chestnut Ridge PA... 1
News Mike Morgan (Nov '09) Mon Allen LAwson 7
News Experts unite to condemn plans for road tunnel ... Mon TheNi6htTrain 1