Land Is Life, and It's Slipping Away

Feb 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Inter Press Service

Displaced families in this relocation site, 45 kilometres from Phnom Penh, have no access to schools, water, food or health clinics.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tep Tida Mohar Sakor

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
If I am a fireman and see a Khmer house on fire, I would have along talk with the owner, "Well, what do you think? Would you label me as invasion of privacy? How long can I say in your house to extinguish all the flame?"
"Perhaps you only want me to put out the fire in the kitchen, then you put out the rest yourself?"
I can go on and on while watching the stupid house burn out. LoL @ the stupid Khmer buffaloes.
Yes, you got to have a permission from the owner before you can put down the fire. That's what 911 is all about. Simply, you misspelled the word in your sentence "stay", instead of "say".
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Tep Tida Mohar Sakor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you got to have a permission from the owner before you can put down the fire. That's what 911 is all about. Simply, you misspelled the word in your sentence "stay", instead of "say".
It's not a misspell, it's a typo. I do that a lot, typing so fast.
Tep Tida Mohar Sakor

Mechanicsville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Drgunzet wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a misspell, it's a typo. I do that a lot, typing so fast.
Whatever?, you're still idioxt.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
January 7, 1979: was it "liberation" or "invasion" of Cambodia by the Vietnamese Arm Forces? This simple question has been a very divisive issue for many in Khmer community across Cambodia and overseas in the past 22 years. What is the correct answer? Was it "liberation" or was it "invasion" by Vietnam? The answer to this simple question can be very complicated.
The answer to this simple question can be very complicated.
If I am a fireman and see a Khmer house on fire, I would have along talk with the owner, "Well, what do you think? Would you label me as invasion of privacy? How long can I stay in your house to extinguish all the flame?"

"Perhaps you only want me to put out the fire in the kitchen, then you put out the rest yourself?"

I can go on and on while watching the stupid house burn out. LoL @ the stupid Khmer buffaloes.
Tell the Truth

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Angkor wrote:
<quoted text>
==========
January 7, 1979: was it "liberation" or "invasion" of Cambodia by the Vietnamese Arm Forces? This simple question has been a very divisive issue for many in Khmer community across Cambodia and overseas in the past 22 years. What is the correct answer? Was it "liberation" or was it "invasion" by Vietnam? The answer to this simple question can be very complicated.
The answer to this simple question can be very complicated.
Let me use an anology to answer this question.

Cambodia was like a beautiful girl who was kidnapped by the Khmer Rouge. The Khmer Rouge abused physically, mentally and sexually. One day the VCs broke into the house and kicked the Khmer Rouge out. But instead of returning her to proper authority or her parents and families, the VCs kept her against her will. The VCs raped her and abused her and even had kids with her against her will until the International Police chased the VCs back to their home. But before the VCs left, they married her off to their one-eyed cousin. Cambodia is now stuck with him. Cambodia is still waiting for her savior to come and rescued her from the VCs' cousin.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Tell the Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Cambodia was like a beautiful girl who was kidnapped by the Khmer Rouge. The Khmer Rouge abused physically, mentally and sexually. One day the VCs broke into the house and kicked the Khmer Rouge out. But instead of returning her to proper authority or her parents and families, the VCs kept her against her will. The VCs raped her and abused her and even had kids with her against her will until the International Police chased the VCs back to their home. But before the VCs left, they married her off to their one-eyed cousin. Cambodia is now stuck with him. Cambodia is still waiting for her savior to come and rescued her from the VCs' cousin.
Wrong. Let me fix your analogy:
Cambodia was like a beautiful girl who was kidnapped by the Khmer Rouge. The Khmer Rouge abused physically, mentally and sexually. One day the VCs broke into the house and kicked the Khmer Rouge out.

The VCs stayed to protect her from the Khmer Rouge lurking at Thailand's border. The VCs loved her and even had kids with her against her will until the International Politics force the VCs back to their home. But before the VCs left, they married her off to their next best protector. Cambodia is now doing fine with him.

Cambodia is now safe from Thailand or any Khmer Rouge wanna-bee with proven the VCs's bravery and power right next door.

==========
I was told that the Khmer poors stopped swearing to God, Deities over disputes. They started to dare each other to settle the disputes in front of the superior North Vietnamese commanders who were known incorruptible, fair and sharp.
Drgunzet

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Btw, the beautiful girl was not that beautiful and she preferred the light-skin VCs over all Khmer men. LoL.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••