Milk, grocery prices on the rise if C...

Milk, grocery prices on the rise if Congress ignores farm bill

There are 216 comments on the CBS News story from Dec 26, 2012, titled Milk, grocery prices on the rise if Congress ignores farm bill. In it, CBS News reports that:

Santa suit-clad warriors who've stormed the Hill protesting for a Christmas free of concern that their tax rates will soar Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Brad

Manchester, CT

#215 Dec 29, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical bigotry coming from you.
For what,calling a spade a spade?
Malcom

Glasgow, KY

#216 Dec 29, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
My parents just retired after farming their entire lives; my brothers have taken over the family farm which has been in my dad's side of the family since 1872 when it was prairie land. They have 5,000 acres of corn, soybeans, wheat, & alfalfa, as well as hogs, cattle, & chickens.
My mom's side of the family came up from Tennessee (and Virginia before that) where they farmed in some form since they came over from Europe sometime in the early 1600's.
I currently have a 10 acre "mini-farm" where I raise chickens, goats, & a couple of hogs for my personal consumption.
I still farm our family farms along with public employment. I still have the land grant document given to my G.G.G.G. Grandfather for the farm I was raised on and own today. It is signed by Issac Shelby the first Governor of Ky. It still has the wax seal. My grandparents were grain, dairy , beef and tobacco farmers. My father hog, beef and tobacco. He did not milk because of the twice daily 7 days a week work schedule. He also was a high school teacher. Along with my mother we run a beef cow calf operation on the farms. We no longer milk or raise grains.
I still say milk could be 7 dollars a gallon. Associated with farming you should know how much powdered milk and cheese the Govt. buys.
Read this link
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Milk-price...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#217 Dec 30, 2012
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
About the same effect as christians would have I imagine.
That was'nt an arguement, i know everything on topix, seem's that way....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#218 Dec 30, 2012
Malcom wrote:
<quoted text>
I still farm our family farms along with public employment. I still have the land grant document given to my G.G.G.G. Grandfather for the farm I was raised on and own today. It is signed by Issac Shelby the first Governor of Ky. It still has the wax seal. My grandparents were grain, dairy , beef and tobacco farmers. My father hog, beef and tobacco. He did not milk because of the twice daily 7 days a week work schedule. He also was a high school teacher. Along with my mother we run a beef cow calf operation on the farms. We no longer milk or raise grains.
I still say milk could be 7 dollars a gallon. Associated with farming you should know how much powdered milk and cheese the Govt. buys.
Read this link
http://www.weau.com/home/headlines/Milk-price...
Oh I agree milk could easily reach $7 a gallon if they don't do something about the 1949 farm bill. But my point was it is an artificial manufactured "crisis", not driven by actual supply & demand or current production costs.

The BEST thing would be to get the govt out of agriculture completely by repealing the 1949 Farm bill, not passing a new version.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#219 Dec 31, 2012
maddmaxx7 wrote:
<quoted text>
stfu
and mind your own business
Feel free to make me, big guy, when you think you're able. ;)
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#220 Jan 2, 2013
WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
My parents just retired after farming their entire lives; my brothers have taken over the family farm which has been in my dad's side of the family since 1872 when it was prairie land. They have 5,000 acres of corn, soybeans, wheat, & alfalfa, as well as hogs, cattle, & chickens.
My mom's side of the family came up from Tennessee (and Virginia before that) where they farmed in some form since they came over from Europe sometime in the early 1600's.
I currently have a 10 acre "mini-farm" where I raise chickens, goats, & a couple of hogs for my personal consumption.
Remember to pay your fair share of taxes. We will be counting on it.

Location hidden

#221 Jan 3, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
You should just pay to support, those illegals, you've welcomed into your state....other US taxpayers should'nt have to....

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

#222 Jan 3, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
I always do.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#223 Jan 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>You should just pay to support, those illegals, you've welcomed into your state....other US taxpayers should'nt have to....
I hear you.
I dont like it either, and have nothing to do about that.
Try the CA Gov. it sucks and of course its blue.
That makes me want to move out of CA, my home.

Location hidden

#224 Jan 3, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you.
I dont like it either, and have nothing to do about that.
Try the CA Gov. it sucks and of course its blue.
That makes me want to move out of CA, my home.
Why all the hammering on Obama, when he has'nt been very liberal, at all?...Semm's like you have much more work to do, right there?
brits are pants

Blacklick, OH

#225 Jan 3, 2013
M Go Blow wrote:
<quoted text>blah... blah... blah...
Go drown yourself.

South Carolina 33
Michigan 28
FINAL

Way to end the season, losers.
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#226 Jan 3, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Why all the hammering on Obama, when he has'nt been very liberal, at all?...Semm's like you have much more work to do, right there?
That kinda answers your question about Obama. What has he done good for California?
The dream act, welfaare, taxes on top of our taxes, way overspending. Thats all the doing of Liberals.

Location hidden

#227 Jan 4, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
That kinda answers your question about Obama. What has he done good for California?
The dream act, welfaare, taxes on top of our taxes, way overspending. Thats all the doing of Liberals.
He has'nt sold what's left of California to China...very tempting....the real dream act was never passed....welfare has'nt been increased on the federal level....what of your taxes, has Obama raised?....bewildering, more false outrage...just like the election....
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#228 Jan 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>He has'nt sold what's left of California to China...very tempting....the real dream act was never passed....welfare has'nt been increased on the federal level....what of your taxes, has Obama raised?....bewildering, more false outrage...just like the election....
Taxes just increased for evryone. We have more people on welfare since Obama took office. Also more people out of work.
China wouldnt want California if it was free. Remember, its a blue state.
Bewilderment? I dont think so. Time will tell.

Location hidden

#229 Jan 4, 2013
nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes just increased for evryone. We have more people on welfare since Obama took office. Also more people out of work.
China wouldnt want California if it was free. Remember, its a blue state.
Bewilderment? I dont think so. Time will tell.
Sorry but you haven't a clue....just an argementative attitude....Taxes were only raised on those making above $400,000, everyone else had taxbreaks extended.....More people on welfare, would be a simple product of the Bush recession, as President Obama has since last October replaced every job lost during the Bush recession....Occasionally you may want to scan the business section of the newspaper or your homesite, so that if you do want to compete, you aren't embarrassed again......Good Luck....
nobama

Los Angeles, CA

#230 Jan 4, 2013
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry but you haven't a clue....just an argementative attitude....Taxes were only raised on those making above $400,000, everyone else had taxbreaks extended.....More people on welfare, would be a simple product of the Bush recession, as President Obama has since last October replaced every job lost during the Bush recession....Occasionally you may want to scan the business section of the newspaper or your homesite, so that if you do want to compete, you aren't embarrassed again......Good Luck....
Who do you think you are kiddin?
You dont have a clue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 19 min The FACTory 222,017
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 1 hr Losers 910
Oded Kariti Modeling Engine Parts 4 hr SherieN 1
News Depression in Kids: How Should It Be Treated? 15 hr humanspirit 1
News North Adams Housing Authority gets bed bugs und... (Mar '10) Tue cil 142
News August eclipse shines a light on the past Mon Lolzz 15
News Analysis of the tortured syntax in Trump's New ... Sun Humanspirit 1
More from around the web