Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 217144 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89444 May 18, 2013
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your recycled evo-babbling is pointless.
You are the one mired in religion...
Projection. I note that you still have not been able to address anyone's posts and merely continued with further denial.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89445 May 18, 2013
Satan is Jewish wrote:
<quoted text>This is GREATEST Proof that GOD is real!!
This is the truth...
This is real Genocide...
None of this is evidence of an invisible magical Jewish wizard that magically poofed the universe into existence.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89446 May 18, 2013
The Great Iron Dictator wrote:
<quoted text>Watch this video!!
This is proof!!!
It is spam. You have violated the law of non-contradiction.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89447 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>Bolshevik Jews killed 65 Million Russians in USSR!!
JEWS control Mass Media in USA!
You are brainwash by Jewish media...
Wathc video at least 2 minutes,and you will know what I think!
What you think is irrelevant.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89448 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>Jews are NOT semitic!!
Jews Killing Palestinians...what is that?
Jewish Bolshevism or Jewish Fascism?
Jews want to push Gun Control like they did in USSR!
They want to make us SLAVES!!
This is fact!
Even if we pretend you are correct for a moment (for the sake of argument) it still has no relevance to the existence of an invisible magic Jew wizard or lack of same. It is in fact TOTALLY irrelevant to this thread.

So why do you hate kittens?
FREE SERVANT
#89449 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Gravity is a system, like the entire Universe that maintaines itself. There is no programmer because the Universe is not programed. It does just fine with out any behind the scenes programmer.
If this "creator" that you alledge does not need a creator then the Universe has always existed and does not need one either.
From my understanding there was a beginning and eveything began very little then branched out to become great like a great tree.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89450 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
What is important about the Bible is that it is so full of errors that it can not be trusted on any subject.
That is true, something which has been known by Biblical scholars for centuries. This even includes Priests who subjected the Bible to Higher Criticism in the 16 & 1700's.

Some parts it gets correct, such as the existence of Herod. Others it gets plain wrong, such as flat Earth and global flood. While much of the rest cannot be verified either way, including Herod's order to wipe out all the babies, and pretty much all the magic bits.
KJV

United States

#89455 May 18, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Then why is it that 99% of all life that has existed on this planet is extinct?
There was a flood!
FREE SERVANT
#89456 May 18, 2013
if we look at spiral galixies and tree branches we can see a common pattern. a pattern appears through out the cosmos. Systems exhibit a number pattern 0,1.1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 and so on where each number is the sum of the two numbers that precede it and this denotes one design throughout the universe and on Earth and a single designer.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#89457 May 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
There was a flood![/QUOTE]there were millions of floods. there was no Noachian flood. proven fact.

your cult lied to you...again...
imagine2011

Southaven, MS

#89458 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
"If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place, and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible to you"--Matt. 17:20
If nothing is impossible for you FS, then convince me that BibleGod exists. Oh, and when I am convinced would you please move Mt. St. Helens into the Pacific Ocean.
Mountains in the Bible are referring to Nations. Removing a Nation, is like changing the leadership.

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#89459 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
<quoted text>From my understanding there was a beginning and eveything began very little then branched out to become great like a great tree.
Something can not come from nothing. Something has always existed and for some reason we can not understand went through a phase transistion about 13.5 billion years ago. The fact that we find ourselves alive on the surface of the planet earth, from having arisen in this biosphere is proof that we are part of the Universe and that we conform to all laws just like the planets, moons, galaxies and solar systems.

The real adventure, the final frontier, is when you look inside yourself and verify what it is that you are, how you operate etc. Unfortunately you already believe you know all of this and therefore have no intersted in exploring your own personal psychological evolution.

The real problem with human beings is that they believe just any old tale told to them.

Verify this.

St. Croix valley

#89460 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mountains in the Bible are referring to Nations. Removing a Nation, is like changing the leadership.
who told you this? how do you know their interpretation is correct? how do you know this needed interpretation as wasn't literal?
more proof that the bible is not the word of any god...

Location hidden

#89461 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what, we are just supposed to believe you?

Who appointed you to tell us God didn't say what he meant? If nations was meant then it would not say mountains. It says mountains, can you read?

Prov. 12:22, "Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord."

St. Croix valley

#89462 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
if we look at spiral galixies and tree branches we can see a common pattern. a pattern appears through out the cosmos. Systems exhibit a number pattern 0,1.1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55 and so on where each number is the sum of the two numbers that precede it and this denotes one design throughout the universe and on Earth and a single designer.
how does that denote a single designer or any designer at all?

seems you are just projecting your wishes upon what you see.

Location hidden

#89463 May 18, 2013
<quoted text>I tell the truth,you dumb AmeriCANT...
People like you make Me sick...
No one cares what makes you sick. You do NOT tell the truth, you repeat hearsay, do you know what that means? It means your mamma and your pappa told you lies and you were so stupid that you believed them and now you repeat those lies and get offended when intelligent beings capable of using logic and reason do not believe you. There is no reason to believe a word out of your mouth.

"O Lord, thou hast deceived me, and I was deceived...." (Jer. 20:7).

Location hidden

#89464 May 18, 2013
FREE SERVANT wrote:
Humanity is as much a part of the Universe as is everything in the Universe. This does not mean there is a magical sky being who brought it all into existence.

JESUS: John 14:12, KJV Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."

Please tell us of something you have done that is a greater 'work' than all that Jesus did.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89465 May 18, 2013
[QUOTE who="KJV
"]<quoted text>
There was a flood![/QUOTE]

Yup.

Tons of 'em.

None global.

Otherwise we would not be here.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89466 May 18, 2013
imagine2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, good. Then it is agreed then that the Bible cannot be taken literally.
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#89467 May 18, 2013
Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
Something can not come from nothing. Something has always existed and for some reason we can not understand went through a phase transistion about 13.5 billion years ago.
Actually whether or not something always existed is something science is still debating on. One hypothesis is that energy is eternal and has always existed in one form or another, one of those forms being our universe. Another is that our universe is part of a much larger multiverse and ours sprung off from that. Another is that our universe itself was uncaused. Though counter-intuitive it does have scientific basis as uncaused quantum events have been observed. Examples include radioactive decay and the spontaneous appearance of particle-antiparticle pairs in a vacuum. Our universe *might* have been the result of a runaway quantum fluctuation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 29 min Coffee Party 404,357
News Former Vice President Al Gore arrives at Trump ... 1 hr Bunz6984 8
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr Joel 256,040
News Michelle Grossman - About NBC 10 News Story - W... (Mar '08) 10 hr Jerry Brown 818
News New IDT webinar to highlight benefits of using ... Fri Stephany McDowell 1
News Boston airport exhibit sheds light on mental il... Fri HumanSpirit 2
News Ed Secretary John King: Homeschooling deprives ... Thu MaltaMon 1
More from around the web