Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

#80580 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Why is this a problem for you? why do you consider this a discrepency?
Because unlike you, I'm being rational. You have evidence?

above and beyond

#80581 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy?
Could you be a little clearer?
Do you have evidence for the rhodesian species?

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

butler, pa

#80582 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the electrical impulses in my brain.
Yeah right, just electrochemical interactions! The answer still does not define sentience, ie your own ability to think and reason.

above and beyond

#80583 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy?
why is the kabwe skull a replica?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#80584 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"dinosaurs" is a new science made up word. The name Dragons were used for many year before dinosaurs.
Actually, back in the day when people were really starting to find many dinosaur fossiles, the teaching of the church was that god wouldn't have let one of the species he created die off, so they were considered to be the bones of sea creatures as yet discovered. it took a while for science to win out over god's word there, also.

another proof against the divine inspiration idea...
bohart

Newport, TN

#80585 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Langy, why do you post crap like this?
It looks like it was written by a sixth grader.
It was obviously not written by anyone who knew anything at all about science. Their first claim alone proves that.
I know that you have no real evidence so you go to these sites to get somebody to lie for you. It does not seem like that big of a lie if you get someone else to do the dirty work.
Written by a sixth grader?, that explains why it went over your head,ha,ha,ha.

St. Croix valley

#80586 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"dinosaurs" is a new science made up word. The name Dragons were used for many year before dinosaurs.
read the book "Remarkable Creatures" by Tracy Chevalier. or anything by her, really.

St. Croix valley

#80587 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Because unlike you, I'm being rational. You have evidence?
evidence of what? no, you are not being rational.

St. Croix valley

#80588 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Or you wrong. Hmmmm tough choice
You being wrong or Christ being wrong.
Guess which way I'm going.
gid and christ have been proved to be wrong many, many times. what's one more? in fact, the whoe concept of that god/son duo has been proved wrong.
Wow

United States

#80589 Mar 12, 2013
If I take my watch apart, every piece... Place it into a brown paper sack and stand shaking the bag until it is again, functioning exactly as before, perfectly back together and in motion with the correct time etc.. How long do I have to stand there and shake that bag? This is what "science" would have you to believe everything "came to be" as with the Big Bang THEORY. It takes more faith to believe that than it does for me to believe in an intelligent design. Don't put so much "faith" in science as it has been flawed throughout history. Once upon a time there was an atom, the smallest thing known to man... Then they split it open and more small stuff spewed out, discrediting the atom being the smallest. Point is, we learn more and more daily... There is a place for logic and faith. Passing judgemental comments amongst one another will not mend fences only offer a path of destruction. There will always be believers and nonbelievers everyone of us hold an obligation to be humanitarians and cohabit without such contempt for one another.

above and beyond

#80590 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>evidence of what? no, you are not being rational.
I don't expect any evidence from you. You don't understand logic.

St. Croix valley

#80591 Mar 12, 2013
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah right, just electrochemical interactions! The answer still does not define sentience, ie your own ability to think and reason.
yes, in fact it does!

above and beyond

#80592 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What discrepancy?
The rhodesian species were incorrectly dated. Big discrepancy, from 1.75 mya to about 300,000 years ago. Not only there are no real evidence, the dating system used was not reliable.

St. Croix valley

#80593 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't expect any evidence from you. You don't understand logic.
yet every one of your hairbrained ideas i shoot down with my logic.

i can see where you think you're going with this, but I'm off to bed, it will be fun to recap yoru crash and burn tomorrow...

above and beyond

#80594 Mar 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet every one of your hairbrained ideas i shoot down with my logic.
i can see where you think you're going with this, but I'm off to bed, it will be fun to recap yoru crash and burn tomorrow...
You have nothing to offer here. So just go to bed.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#80595 Mar 12, 2013
Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The rhodesian species were incorrectly dated. Big discrepancy, from 1.75 mya to about 300,000 years ago. Not only there are no real evidence, the dating system used was not reliable.
Links please so I know what you are talking about.

Please use real sources.

above and beyond

#80596 Mar 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Links please so I know what you are talking about.
Please use real sources.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_rhodesiensi...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_human_ev...

These are the most accurate sources you can find online. There are no other sources that show more information.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Santorini Greece

#80597 Mar 12, 2013
ThenWhenNow wrote:
God Is.
Dead.....

Santorini Greece

#80598 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
http://www.intelligentdesignth eory.info/creation_vs_evolutio n.htm
"37 Facts of Creation vs. 30 False Theories of Evolution
Teaching Creation vs. Evolution
Both evolution and Intelligent Design Theory should be taught in school. In the creation vs. evolution debate facts for kids, natural selection and survival of the fittest are real and has caused you to believe that life is an accident. This has caused considerable conflict and turmoil in your life that was not of your conscious actions. If evolution is your belief, it is an integral part of your thoughts and your demeanour. Unfortunately, you are not living in harmony with love, peace, joy and a life of comfort or your own existence. Turmoil and conflict just flow into your life and you may wonder,'why me'? The problem is that much of the theory of evolution is unbelievable. Evolution vs. creationism is the cause of the unsolicited turmoil in your life. So you have my sympathy and my warm regards. After two hundred years of Darwinism, in creation vs. evolution many unbelievable beliefs about evolution have evolved.
Belief in evolution results in a subconscious feeling of futility and despair because it is in total conflict with humans' and and other creatures' desire to live and their constant battle to survive. Belief in evolution causes one to wonder if he or she will cease to exist or will suffer torture eternally in hell. Belief in creation results in a conscious feeling of comfort, joy and peace, causing one to know that he or she will live forever, free of pain, discord and suffering."
You write:
"Both evolution and Intelligent Design Theory should be taught in school.

We already teach evolution because we KNOW it to be true. If you want to teach creationism/religion in school make a separate class. Creationism/religion is folklore....NOT science by any stretch of the imagination.

You write:
"Belief in evolution causes one to wonder if he or she will cease to exist or will suffer torture eternally in hell.

No, this is a lie. Why should they fear Hell unless you sick people lodge this in their conscious. There is no hell....or heaven for that matter.

Santorini Greece

#80599 Mar 12, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
"Science, testable, measurable, observable and repeatable things that we know about the earth and the universe indicate that
There is absolutely no evidence that Charles Darwin's theory of natural selection proves change of species.
That aliens created billions of species on earth is not credible. What then, created the aliens?
Whales did not evolve from dogs.
Human ears did not evolve from fish gills, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Human lungs did not evolve from fish gills, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
There is absolutely no evolution evidence that life is an accident.
Evolution does not explain life, consciousness, intelligence or thoughts.
Because of this, modern Charles Darwin's theory of evolution evidence is not entirely credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Nuclear decay of Radioactive isotopes has some serious flaws in the dating process.
Uniform decay of radioisotopes has been disproved by Creation Science.
The Big Bang is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
That electrons and protons came from nowhere is difficult to believe, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Black holes are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Time dilation is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Einstein warping of space and space contraction are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The existence of negative mirror universes is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured
That the creation of cells, DNA molecules and galaxies evolved by accident is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
That life began in a methane, ammonia and carbon dioxide atmosphere is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Your twin brother travelling at the speed of light and aging less is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured..
That particles pop in and out of the universe at random is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Stars travelling faster than the speed of light as a result of the Big Bang or any other reason is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The distance between galaxies at the limits of the universe is the same as they are everywhere. Therefore, the universe may not be expanding
Red shift of light due to velocity and not gas and dust in space is not credible.
That the speed of light is a constant is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The Heisenberg uncertainty principle is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Quantum tunnelling is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Spontaneous punctuated equilibrium is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
The theory of relativity is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Antimatter as a result of black holes is not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Photons are not credible, cannot be tested, observed or measured.
Different Theories About Creation
In creation vs. evolution, the belief that nothing in the universe is by accident is a more believable concept and is more strongly backed up by scientific knowledge. Measurable evidence of creation vs. evolution indicates that"
http://www.intelligentdesigntheory.info/creat...
You have absolutely no grasp of science....and neither does your sources

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 min JOEL 205,823
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Abondondolla 283,674
Study Suggests But Doesn't Prove Genetic Link t... 1 hr TomInElPaso 280
Republicans Have Little Incentive To Move Forwa... 2 hr Ebola 55
Good as Gold Backers of Alaska mine win court b... 6 hr radiofreeamerica 1
Global warming could undermine poverty fight: W... 7 hr IBdaMann 10
African Sushi: Mountainous Fish Farm Links Leso... 7 hr Tlepere 5

Science People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE