Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 3,605)

Showing posts 72,081 - 72,100 of106,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick,Tick...."verifiable evidence", that isn't true, there is none , and you know it, there never has been.Which places you into one of the catagories, a simmering hatred of God,and how he runs the universe or just run of the mill denial.Oh! maybe both.
'
Which bit hasn't been verified? Abio? Hey, we agree. The Big Bang? Well actually it's looking more and more likely that that's the way it happened, although it's quite fuzzy at the point of singularity. Or were you just talking about evolution this time? As you DO tend to switch between all three quite haphazardly with no coherent pattern.

But in which case, yeah. Evolution has absolutely been scientifically verified. Whether (a) God was responsible or not.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
One other thing, its your own theories that mock you, how life began,.....light shining on atoms,a primordial sea stirred by winds and currents, lightning striking a collection of compounds,radiation ,chemicals poofing,aliens deposting life forms!
anything but a creator! because the truth is you and your ilk cannot possibly deal with those implications...Denial
The only reason why we can't deal with that implication is because your team has been unable to make the concept falsifiable (and therefore scientific).

At least aliens is POTENTIALLY falsifiable (though still not taken very seriously).
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is? yeah, who's lying?
So far, you.

You whine about evolution, I demonstrate it. So you switch to whining about abio. I address it. Your comeback then involves ignorant criticisms of the Big Bang. I address that. You go back to lame puddle goo jokes (an abio reference).

In the meantime the validity of evolution is left unscathed.

It ain't even been itched.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Science says God created life? Wow! they must have dropped the cloak of blindness and denial for a moment.
Well, perhaps that. But you've also dropped any pretense of engaging in a serious debate.

What I said was: "So, are you saying it's outside of the power of God to have created life in the manner described by science?"
Humanoid

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it is always possible that (a) God (or Gods) created the universe.
It's also possible that it/they are not necessary.
If a human baby is raised by monkeys, the human will act like a monkey....correct? If a child is raised by wolves, the child will act like a wolf.....agreed? A child learns a religion, it will live that religion......so true? See, monkey see, monkey do. A human is a product of its environment. It adapts to survive or it dies. Religion warps reality....its a survival mechanism, formed out of fear..........they are out there.

“what we think we become”

Since: Aug 11

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, perhaps that. But you've also dropped any pretense of engaging in a serious debate.
What I said was: "So, are you saying it's outside of the power of God to have created life in the manner described by science?"
The answer is NO! goddammit.

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure there is... i given it to you often... you just keep lying to yourself...like most cult members.
how could i hate a myth? your god doesn't even have the ability to generate hate...let alone anything a universe...
you LOVE that word CULT as in CULTURE. Same idea there. Or do you just do everything your own way and do not conform to anything?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is NO! goddammit.
how would anyone know? with no proof of any god or gods, how would anyone have a clue as their supposed power if one did exist? maybe there are gods, but all they can do is party tricks in a tiny, curled-up string theory dimension the a fraction of the size of a quark?

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Humanoid wrote:
<quoted text>If a human baby is raised by monkeys, the human will act like a monkey....correct? If a child is raised by wolves, the child will act like a wolf.....agreed? A child learns a religion, it will live that religion......so true? See, monkey see, monkey do. A human is a product of its environment. It adapts to survive or it dies. Religion warps reality....its a survival mechanism, formed out of fear..........they are out there.
So you were raised by aliens?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
you LOVE that word CULT as in CULTURE. Same idea there. Or do you just do everything your own way and do not conform to anything?
No, i use the word because that is what religions are, cults.

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would anyone know? with no proof of any god or gods, how would anyone have a clue as their supposed power if one did exist? maybe there are gods, but all they can do is party tricks in a tiny, curled-up string theory dimension the a fraction of the size of a quark?
You're right. No one needs to see God or know where he is anyway. He will be constantly harassed and bomb-arded. He doesn't exist on earth so there's no point of even trying to locate him anywhere in the universe.

The string theory is really not an original concept. It was probably a stolen idea from the Kabbalah or some ancient wisdom.

above and beyond

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>No, i use the word because that is what religions are, cults.
Who is forcing you to practice a religion? Do you have a problem with people doing what their own cultures dictates too?

““You must not lose faith ”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exodus
According to Exodus 12:37-38, the Israelites numbered "about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides women and children," plus many non-Israelites and livestock.[15] Numbers 1:46 gives a more precise total of 603,550.[16] The 600,000, plus wives, children, the elderly, and the "mixed multitude" of non-Israelites would have numbered some 2 million people,[17] compared with an entire Egyptian population in 1250 BCE of around 3 to 3.5 million.[18] Marching ten abreast, and without accounting for livestock, they would have formed a line 150 miles long.[19]
No evidence has been found that indicates Egypt ever suffered such a demographic and economic catastrophe or that the Sinai desert ever hosted (or could have hosted) these millions of people and their herds.[20] Some scholars have rationalised these numbers into smaller figures...
A century of research by archaeologists and Egyptologists has found no evidence which can be directly related to the Exodus captivity and the escape and travels through the wilderness,[3] and most archaeologists have abandoned the archaeological investigation of Moses and the Exodus as "a fruitless pursuit".[
Very likely, nevertheless what are all those 1000 BC with Judean derived artefacts fortresses doing there. The story a methaphore for exile and delivery which is the entire theme of the religion.

But i have a language issue.
Why do orthodox jews keep insisting that it should read hiefs (of thousands). Well because they understand the language better, no doubt.
We find that in translations just about everything becomes thousand. ish, alef, elef, alfei, elfei, beelfei etc.
f-ph. It alltogether get's a bit ridiculous.
A census in the old days would usually just count the man that were of fighting ability and age...even in the roman days.
ulpan-teaching , study(room)
Going back even further, we find that Klein says that that (hebrew <-) phl meaning "teaching" derives from a "base probably meaning originally 'to be linked together, be connected'[cp. Akkadian ulapu (=band), elippu (=ship), whence arose the meanings 'to join, to be familiar with'."

From this early meaning we get the word elef (phl)- thousand, which Klein claims originally denoted "group, crowd". Another related meaning of elef is "part of a tribe" which originally referred to "part of a tribe consisting of a thousand people". The head of the tribe was known as an aluf - and from this we get the modern Hebrew words for "general (in the army)" and champion.

Alef is a guttural letter and therefore occasionally switches with other guttural letters - heh, ayin as well as yod.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>Thought eperiment.
Try and read it as if it concerns god and what he states.
I ask that of all chr.'s i come across.
If you fail you use the wrong language.
Hence the short-sighted interpretation.
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Cybele wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is forcing you to practice a religion? Do you have a problem with people doing what their own cultures dictates too?
Well no problem if it weren't for all those posts based on incredulity and anxiety turned into total negation of science.
Like the discussion on page 3616.

Mind Matth 24:36 (?) about the son being a bit less knowledgable than the father and another one where spirit is compared to uninhibited inspiration as caused by hard liquor, does not really give the faith more credence.
Also
And according to the bible, for 3 days and 3 nights after his crucifixion, Jesus was NOTHING. He died.
Since God manifests Himself in 3 diff persons, even The God ceased from being A God during that 3D and 3N (assuming that ONLY Jesus died while God the Father and Holy Spirit survived*).
Yet since Jesus and God the Father is one inseparable entity, when Jesus died, God died. The universe runs by itself for 3D and 3N.
God can do anything BUT&#65279; die. Do you agree? ;)

Well there we are.*The eastern church states the father+the spirit=the son. The west the father + the son=the spirit=the church. I'll not bore you with theology but i often wonder why they even bothered.
Or why people presume they are lost without it.
As to that aspect the label 'cult would come close.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Barry Bali wrote:
<quoted text>No, bars are proof that the gummint wants us to pay excise on our way to plastered bliss.
What?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
What?
Subduction zone jumped into that one. The second set.
But try it with the ones that christians presume to be the ten.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

government or gemeente, as to the universe running on beer. Poster suggest the proper spelling is tax.
Now say WHAT! langoliers

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Look at him, a bloody mortal saying this. I reserved my comments.
Chuckles the Clown believes that because he cannot understand the concept of evidence no one can understand the concept of evidence. A mental disability called "projections", or assigning your faults to others.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

The other issue is that verse alef would with that kind of reasoning really be verse thousand or as also translated thousands.
Genesis 1:1 thus genesis 1000s

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 72,081 - 72,100 of106,039
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Science Forum right now

Search the Science Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
China says 1/5 of its farmland polluted 43 min I can read 1
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 52 min The Truth 218,891
NASA Study; Cal. Drought, Polar Vortex, El Nino... 1 hr Fun Facts 1
Let Freedom Ring 1 hr MMR DANGEROUS 3
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 hr Shamma 193,599
Esther Cepeda: Playing politics with immigration 6 hr Jose 9
Is the galaxy full of Earths? 12 hr andet1987 2
•••
•••