Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Beijing, China

#37182 Aug 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
And what about the "evolutiondidit" magic of abiogenesis?
Beats me.
It's always the Creationists who bring the subject up.
You tell us.

Beijing, China

#37183 Aug 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
It is obvious tha evolutionists have distanced themselves from it because they have no answers and think that by hiding they can win an argument.
Oh, really?
I thought they distanced themselves from it because they believe in discussing only one topic at a time.
I just finished reading a book on Chinese culture.
Throughout the book, the author says absolutely nothing about Shakespeare.
Now how can anybody fail to recognize such a brilliant writer as Shakespeare!

Beijing, China

#37184 Aug 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
Abiogenesis deals with th vast continuum between living and non-living. According to Darwinisn, there is no absolute distinction. Are you telling me that the first cell's parents weren't alive? If they were, then evolution has to deal with it.
I'm interested in classical music, so what do I do?
Do I come on this thread and complain that no one else wants to discuss classical music?
No.
Rather, I go onto a thread on classical music.

So I'm asking of you nothing that I wouldn't ask of myself.
If you're so hepped on abiogenesis, why don't you start a thread on abiogenesis?

Beijing, China

#37185 Aug 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
Exclusion of abiogenesis from evolution is arbitrary.
Oh, really?
I thought holding evolution responsible for explaining abiogenesis was arbitrary.
And it's not so impressive that you guys can pull one item out of thin air, pull one function out of thin air, and pretend that the item is responsible for that function.
Anybody can do that.
I have an electric cooker which is no good whatsoever for washing my clothes.
So why don't I throw it out?
I have a violin which is no good whatsoever for calling soldiers out of bed.
So why don't I throw it out?

Beijing, China

#37186 Aug 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
There are so many different hominid fossils now that different creationists draw the line between man and "ape", actually we are all apes, at different species. It is laughable how wrong you are.
I can give an example of that.
In his book Scientific Creationism, Henry Morris called the homo erectus a man.
In his book Evolution: The Fossils Say No, Duane Gish called the homo erectus an ape.
Henry Morris is President of the Institute for Creation Research, Duane Gish is Vice-President.

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#37187 Aug 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>You've demonstrated predictable evolutionist logic. As soon as you're backed into a corner, you started bringing up religion. You scream "massive evidence", all f which is unsubstantiated, then you begin attacking religion.
You attacked science first. How do you dispute all of the evidence for evolution except to close your eyes and claim that you cannot see it? Once again, there is no evidence for creationism, there is tons of evidence for evolution. The fossil record supports evolution and not creation. DNA supports evolution and not creation, the discovery of ERV's proves common descent. All of the sciences support evolution. None of them support creationism. Go ahead, try to name one bit of evidence for creationism that has not been debunked.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37188 Aug 10, 2012
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You attacked science first. How do you dispute all of the evidence for evolution except to close your eyes and claim that you cannot see it? Once again, there is no evidence for creationism, there is tons of evidence for evolution. The fossil record supports evolution and not creation. DNA supports evolution and not creation, the discovery of ERV's proves common descent. All of the sciences support evolution. None of them support creationism. Go ahead, try to name one bit of evidence for creationism that has not been debunked.
Not True....There Are A Growing Number Of Scientist Who Believe In A Creator.

Like Hollywood, They Dont Like To Say It Too Loud.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37189 Aug 10, 2012
SZ...Just Like Global Warming....The Data Can Be Manipulated To Reflect The Ideology Of Science.

With This Level Of Corruption And Greed, Anything At All Is Possible.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#37190 Aug 10, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
"Settled science"? What a load of pure BS. So it's settled that man evolved from a worm? There isn't one iota of scientific evidence, let alone proof, to backup that claim.
The "mountains of evidence" of which you speak consists of elaborate stories and philosophical interpretations, and nothing more. You're confusing your emotional attachment to your atheistic religion to evidence.
There is massive scientific evidence that abiogenesis is impossible.
The latest evidence shows that we are indeed evolved from prior Homo species (of which we are the last survivors) not worms...although if you get far enough back there just may be worms in there.

With the recent DNA finding that we humans DID mate with Homo-neanderthalensis and that many many humans alive today have Neanderthal DNA/blood, proving that the mating produced fertile offspring, we can give up the search for "The Missing Link".

We ARE related to the great apes and were NOT created from mud and bones by some mythical god 6000 years ago. Stupid story anyway.

You write:
"The "mountains of evidence" of which you speak consists of elaborate stories and philosophical interpretations, and nothing more. You're confusing your emotional attachment to your atheistic religion to evidence.

No, no, no you are getting yourself and other creationists mixed up...religionists are the ones who are as you describe above.

Religion is the one who build elaborate stories and myths that are not supported by science or any evidence. Our interpretations are based on cold hard evidence...yours are not.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37191 Aug 11, 2012
I Once Knew A Man From Nantuckett, His Stick Was So Long He Could Tuck It......Some Say He Measured It In Feet. He Dropped His Stick Amd Tripped Over His feet, Landing Him Abruptly On His Seat, In The Street.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37192 Aug 11, 2012
6000 Years Of Written Evidence From Different Civilizations All Over The Globe.....But Lets Not Quibble
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37193 Aug 11, 2012
Ok Kids...Today We Go outside To Obsreve The Blinding Orb in The Sky.....Wear Sunscreen And Expect Trophies For All.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37194 Aug 11, 2012
Tommorow We Will Discuss Ambiotic Oil And The Lies Put Forth By Science To Promote Higher Oil Prices.
wolverine

Greeley, CO

#37195 Aug 11, 2012
Put A Dino In Your Tank.....LOL

Since: Nov 07

St. James, NY

#37196 Aug 11, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>Totally illogical statement.
I would agree, I was taking the other side to its ultimate conclusion.

St. James, NY

#37197 Aug 11, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....No Homer.....Observation Requires Real Time Observation...Not Assumptions. They Most Definenatly Are Thought Up.
Next, Repeatable....We Cant Even Find The Links That Could Help Prove The Theories...Let Alone Observe Continuing Human Evolution.
They Weren't Dumped Because They Fit The Agenda Of Modern Science.
Your Refusal To Acknowledge That GOD Could Exist, Is The Reason For Our Failures. But, It Doesnt Bother Me...To Each His Own...We Are All On A Journey, Each Of Us Arrives At Different Times.
I wrote the Iliad? Cool.

I am really curious, in your mind how did the Theory of Evolution come about? You have some rather interesting concepts.

As for the 'agenda' of modern science (I am going to go out on a limb here and presume that you don't mean the expanding of our knowledge), let's say you are right and there is some agenda. There is absolutely no agenda that could be helped by Evolution being propped up by the scientific community if it wasn't supported by evidence. It is just too much work with no payout. If the agenda was to keep God out or whatever, you don't need Evolution to do that. If Evolution wasn't true, there would be a completely different naturalistic explanation. The very nature of Science itself prohibits anything BUT a naturalistic explanation, so to prop up Evolution serves no purpose.

So here are my questions:

1. How do you think the Theory of Evolution developed?
2. What is the secret 'agenda' of science and how is it helped by propping up Evolution?
3. If Evolution and Science was about keeping out God, why are there scientists that believe in God, and why are there Christians that accept Science (such as the 12,000 plus Christian Clergy of the Clergy Letter who flat out say there is no conflict between Evolution and Christian belief)?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#37198 Aug 11, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Tommorow We Will Discuss Ambiotic Oil And The Lies Put Forth By Science To Promote Higher Oil Prices.

It's tomorrow and it's abiotic but it doesn't exist , oil is biotic.

St. James, NY

#37199 Aug 11, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
"Settled science"? What a load of pure BS. So it's settled that man evolved from a worm? There isn't one iota of scientific evidence, let alone proof, to backup that claim.
The "mountains of evidence" of which you speak consists of elaborate stories and philosophical interpretations, and nothing more. You're confusing your emotional attachment to your atheistic religion to evidence.
There is massive scientific evidence that abiogenesis is impossible.
Then why does the scientific community, comprised of all different religions, say that Evolution is supported by evidence? Why would they all lie?

St. James, NY

#37200 Aug 11, 2012
wolverine wrote:
<quoted text>
You Are Right About One Thing....Its Laughable.
Lucy Is An Species of Ape...Not Human
Are human beings mammals?
Are human beings Primates?

St. James, NY

#37201 Aug 11, 2012
HTS wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no concept of the complexity of life if you can make such an asinine statement. Tere is nothing in science to suggest that it's possible... And everything says it's impossible.
Your statement that life is here therefore abiogenesis happened is abject stupidity.
Do you agree that there was once a time in Earth's history when there was no life at all?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 7 min Agents of Corruption 294,725
Wheat Production Sets New Records Thanks To Glo... 3 hr More CO2 More Wheat 1
Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 3 hr jess 207,586
Same-sex married couple of Faisalabad jailed fo... (Dec '07) 3 hr Asim khan 208
Australia Greenhouse Gas Emissions Fall to Reco... 12 hr Earthling-1 13
Israeli, Vietnamese dairy experts partner to im... 13 hr beauty of full Moon 8
We are in the final days of white life in South... (May '10) 15 hr MikeBrownIsHumanF... 400
More from around the web