Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 201826 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Apr 12

Beijing, China

#36861 Aug 8, 2012
KJV wrote:
creationism ... references a clear-cut boundary between species, as well as stability during their existence."
Creationists don't know about species rings, then.
Biologists have found cases in which species A can mate with species B, species B can mate with species C, and so on, but the species at the end of the chain cannot mate with species A.

Nor do Creationists know about the progression from reptile to mammal.
Biologists agree to refer to the earlier of such animals as "mammal-like reptiles" and the later of such animals as "reptile-like mammals," but the progression is so smooth that they cannot decide where to draw the line.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#36862 Aug 8, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Creationists don't know about species rings, then.
Biologists have found cases in which species A can mate with species B, species B can mate with species C, and so on, but the species at the end of the chain cannot mate with species A.
Nor do Creationists know about the progression from reptile to mammal.
Biologists agree to refer to the earlier of such animals as "mammal-like reptiles" and the later of such animals as "reptile-like mammals," but the progression is so smooth that they cannot decide where to draw the line.
You need to explain this to Marksman11 who insists there is a line between prehuman and human.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#36863 Aug 8, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If your claiming that all geneticists are untrained, then you're even stupider then I first thought. If that's possible.
Yes, geneticists are untrained and KJV is trained despite the fact he's never so much looked through a microscope.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#36864 Aug 8, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Spe...
As noted by eminent evolutionist Stephen Jay Gould, the macroevolutionary patterns of species are typically ones of morphological stability during their existence, a phenomena known as "stasis." In presenting the theory of punctuated equilibria, Niles Eldridge and Gould noted: "Most species, during their geological history, either do not change in any appreciable way, or else they fluctuate mildly in morphology, with no apparent direction." Once a species appears, the fossil record does not change much during its existence, which may be several million years. This view accords well with the view of creationism, which references a clear-cut boundary between species, as well as stability during their existence."
Typical creationist LIES and distortions, copied from a fundamentalist supporter of the Rev. Sun Myung Moon, who claims to be the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. Could you BE more confused and f'ed up? LOL!

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/quotes/mine/p...

Quote: "Even if the quote-miner disagrees with Gould's and Eldredge's explanation for the state of the fossil record, to edit what they wrote to make it appear that they have no explanation is deeply dishonest."
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#36865 Aug 8, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
So?
Someone believe differently then me, big deal.
There are millions that believe differently then you.
Not really the stop the presses moment you were looking for was it?
You claimed that you can't be "Christian" and "believe in evolution."

I give you a powerful series of quotes from scientists at Baylor University who are also evangelical Baptist Christians.

They say quite explicitly that "Whether biological evolution occurs has not been a matter of scientific debate for more than a century. It is considered a proven fact."

I'll just leave that out there for everyone to read and to enjoy how much you are being taken to school here and how much your third-rate Christian lies are easily exposed.:)

“I am evolving as fast as I can”

Since: Jan 08

Brooklyn, in Dayton OH now

#36866 Aug 8, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Babbling fool - try both theory's on a black hole. Regardless of the source facts are facts. Those two theory's both fail along with string theory "FACT"
So what, you bumbling moron! All you are showing is something we do not know. How does that invalidate any of the theories? Do you have any idea how science works? Of course that is a rhetorical question because you obviously do not.
Gillette

Fairfield, IA

#36867 Aug 8, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Did you just figure this out?
That the two can't both be correct.
Molasses is slow in January because it's cold. What's your excuse?
"If evolution is true, then our fundamentalist religion HAS to be false, because we rely on a literal interpretation of Genesis and that cannot stand up to the findings of science. And we are much more comfortable defending the comforting lies of our pastors than to bravely face REALITY."

The POINT, of course, is that you Jesus Freaks would rather remain comfortable in a cozy little Sunday School LIE than face reality and live in the real world.

Your fundamentalist Christianity is based on lies and based on a dishonest world view.

If you are admitting to that, then I guess the question is "Don't you have any shame at all?" :)

Seffner, FL

#36868 Aug 8, 2012

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#36869 Aug 8, 2012
http://www.greatest-unsolved-mysteries.com/re...

Many individuals believe that there are real life vampires. As a matter of fact, there are actually groups around the world that actively “hunt” vampires. Then, there are others that actually believe that they are vampires. Considering all of the propaganda and stories in circulation that offers vampire facts and tales, it is common for individuals to ask if the existence of vampires is based on fact or fiction. This continues to remain one of the world’s greatest unsolved mysteries. Here, you will find many unique vampire stories and an assortment of vampire facts.

http://webpages.shepherd.edu/ckline01/website...

It is highly possible that vampires are evolutionary creatures that drink blood to survive. The vampire bat found in South and Central America lives solely on blood. This creature is a mammal just like humans.
forreal

Austwell, TX

#36870 Aug 8, 2012
Thomas Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
Spam, clueless, and nuts--that's how someone else has rated your post.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt by first asking some questions:
What's the point of your first sentence?
Who ever said that Mars was inhabited?
If Mars is uninhabited, what does that prove about Creationism?
And who is trying to prove God wrong?
Do you believee in Alien jackass? with your stupid thoughts what make you thing otherwise who knows if you alien can ajust in Mars?LOLOLOL

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#36871 Aug 8, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believee in Alien jackass? with your stupid thoughts what make you thing otherwise who knows if you alien can ajust in Mars?LOLOLOL
[SIGH...]

Isn't there a Teletubbies thread where you would feel more at home?
The Dude

Macclesfield, UK

#36872 Aug 8, 2012
forreal wrote:
<quoted text>Do you believee in Alien jackass? with your stupid thoughts what make you thing otherwise who knows if you alien can ajust in Mars?LOLOLOL
Sorry, was that translated from Martian? Something seems to have gotten lost in translation. Like sense.

“I Am No One To Be Trifled With”

Since: Jun 09

Dread Pirate Roberts

#36873 Aug 8, 2012
http://martiancoverup.com/

What they don't want you to know.
All mars photos are being filtered. The government is only releasing the ones they want you to see. They censor the ones they think you shouldn't be allowed to see. It appears that some photos that show native Martian life forms are possibly being withheld from the public. But what has happened is they have released some photos with alien life forms clearly visible in them by accident. Now the government must try to explain away what we can see with our own eyes, and are trying to tell us it isn't what it appears to be.

Accidentally released Original photo http://photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov/jpeg/PIA1021...
The government tries to catch all photos before they are released but a few have gotten by their censorship. This one is a great example of a Martian life form that at first glance might appear to be a rock or shadow, and was missed by the censors of the government. We were able to digitally enhance the life form to give you a better view of this native Martian creature. Each carefully created digitally enhanced version shows what the creature would look like in a clear photo.
KJV

United States

#36874 Aug 8, 2012
wolverine wrote:
Waste Of Time KJV.....You Wallow In The Seeds OF Corruption.
Agreed!
KJV

United States

#36875 Aug 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>Well since *we were* takling about *scientific* theories and you're using incorrect terminology your response here is that of someone who is incapable of dealing with reality and
resorting to ad-hom instead.
That post was not mine.
I did not use Theory, however the person who posted it used It correctly.

You chastised them about God being a Theory.
KJV

United States

#36876 Aug 8, 2012
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>I just demonstrated it works. You claiming it's "wrong" is a convenient lie so you can portray science is flawed without even having to back up your claims like we do. Relativity works and is fairly accurate, but not as accurate as quantum mechanics. But it's not "wrong".

Note how you have to lie and misrepresent others to make your case, all the while avoiding evidence, either presenting it or addressing it.
"You claiming it's "wrong" is a convenient lie so you can portray science is flawed without even having to back up your claims like we do. Relativity works and is fairly accurate, but not as accurate as quantum mechanics. But it's not "wrong"."

I back them up with quote form renowned scientist but for I guess that does not count.

"don't let the facts get in the way of a good Theory"
KJV

United States

#36877 Aug 8, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>If your claiming that all geneticists are untrained, then you're even stupider then I first thought. If that's possible.
Not as well trained as God!

Not even close.
KJV

United States

#36878 Aug 8, 2012
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>I don't have a problem with the definition but you certainly seem to.
Then why did you question it?
Elohim

Branford, CT

#36879 Aug 8, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
That post was not mine.
I did not use Theory, however the person who posted it used It correctly.
You chastised them about God being a Theory.
Not a theory, a fantasy.

Seffner, FL

#36880 Aug 8, 2012
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Not as well trained as God!
Not even close.
That doesn't make your DNA comment any less stupid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 min Agents of Corruption 391,817
News Top StoryObama signs bill requiring labeling of... 28 min Snidely70448 10
News Will Green Political Machine Foil Trump? 1 hr kuda 65
News Lack of capital tough on young farmers 3 hr FarmerTed 2
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 6 hr KAB 253,562
News John Kerry says Air Conditioners, Refrigerators... 8 hr tina anne 5
News 31 scientific societies just told Congress to t... 20 hr IB DaMann 310
More from around the web