PBS Attacked for Allowing Global Warm...

PBS Attacked for Allowing Global Warming Skeptic to Speak

There are 289 comments on the NewsBusters.org story from Sep 19, 2012, titled PBS Attacked for Allowing Global Warming Skeptic to Speak. In it, NewsBusters.org reports that:

If you had any doubts about the level of zealotry involved in today's global warming movement, they likely will be erased by the goings on at PBS the past few days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsBusters.org.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#286 Sep 30, 2012
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
It varies because some of those locations were in cities. Near roads. Traffic. Factories. Sources of CO2.
You have zero credibility quoting that source because is is simply rubbish.
Are you saying measurements in situ are subject to the conditions of the surrounding area?

Did you review the parameters for locations?

It's only 'rubbish' if you wish to rewrite history. Many do.
LessHypeMoreFact

Toronto, Canada

#287 Sep 30, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Right you are, I should have labeled my 1959 data as Mauna Loa. I have posted many times the atmospheric CO2 values collected from the NH over 150 years time to show the variability of measured CO2.
There is a seasonal variation due to inequal distribution of the producing and consuming regions over the winter vs summer, but that is trivial. Direct instrument records show a very strong upward signal.
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a look at the Beck reconstructions. Notice how CO2 varies significantly throughout the time period and the locations sampled.
Not surprising since the first hundred years are from ice cores and thus have larger sampling errors. Yet they clearly show the steady increase in CO2 levels.

You argue about nothing.
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Also notice that it not only goes up, it also goes down. Something we don't see in the homogenized Mauna Loa data.
http://icecap.us/images/uploads/EE_18-2_Beck....
In the ACCURATE instrument record. Nor is the 'down' significant. There are educational websites for you that might help you to grasp a bit more than you do. I.e

http://www.skepticalscience.com/graphics.php...

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#288 Sep 30, 2012
Fair Game wrote:
Those scientists not given you the planet duplicator ray and time machine your experiment demands yet? Sure sign of a hoax.
Single subject experiments aren't unknown. If you contract a rare disease (we should be so lucky), your doctor won't need to resort to witchcraft. Scientists tests therapies over time and measure the results. Sometimes they can reverse therapies, try hot pads and then cooling pads, to see if the symptoms get better or worse. Every medicine, therapy or medical procedures has been evaluated experimentally; why expect less from climate science?

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#289 Sep 30, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
It makes no difference what he says about me, who can be insulted by someone who calls himself 'fair game, the green troll'?
Let him dig the hole.
I find it strange that alarmists are the ones who are most likely to use insults and more often than sceptics.
They claim to have science on their side, but that isn't enough, apparently.
Have a good one.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#290 Sep 30, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I find it strange that alarmists are the ones who are most likely to use insults and more often than sceptics.
Have a good one.
They tend to be liberals, they want to feel good about themselves, the world they live in and their place in it. It hurts their feelings if what they hold to be true is questioned.

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#291 Sep 30, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying measurements in situ are subject to the conditions of the surrounding area?
No shit Sherlock.

Is it really easier to believe that CO2 levels in the atmosphere swing wildly for no reason than that CO2 readings in the early 20th century in Urban areas were influened by traffic fumes and domestic and industrial combustion of fossil fuels?

If CO2 levels did swing wildly, why did they stop doing so once we had accurate measurements?

C'mon, even you should be able to spot how stupid and dumb this "paper" is.
Fun Facts

Huntsville, AL

#292 Sep 30, 2012
Fair Game wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit Sherlock.
Is it really easier to believe that CO2 levels in the atmosphere swing wildly for no reason than that CO2 readings in the early 20th century in Urban areas were influened by traffic fumes and domestic and industrial combustion of fossil fuels?
If CO2 levels did swing wildly, why did they stop doing so once we had accurate measurements?
C'mon, even you should be able to spot how stupid and dumb this "paper" is.
So why did they suddenly stop being variable? How are the atmospheric measurments in situ different from the Mauna Loa measurements?

Did you read the parameters listed for the locations chosen?

"Is it really easier to believe that CO2 levels in the atmosphere swing wildly for no reason ..." Well no, they don't 'swing wildly' for no reason, they follow the temperature patterns. Since the ice core data shows CO2 follows temperature pattern, it would appear logical that measurements of temperatures and CO2 in shorter time periods would also have the same pattern.

Why is it the in situ measurements appear to follow the variable temperature trend but the Mauna Loa data just goes up at an even rate?

Since: Apr 08

"the green troll"

#293 Sep 30, 2012
Fun Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
So why did they suddenly stop being variable?
Because people stopped taking them near urban environments, nunbskull.
PHD

Houston, TX

#294 Sep 30, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
<quoted text>I find it strange that alarmists are the ones who are most likely to use insults and more often than sceptics.
Have a good one.
You find it strange because you are strange. Have you had your session with your care giver today?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Science Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who Is Allah? (Aug '07) 1 min Thinking 254,907
News The President has failed us (Jun '12) 1 hr Brian_G 396,005
News Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 2 hr Igor Trip 210,022
News Connersville lands organic produce farm (Apr '14) 4 hr Al Bion 25
News US farmers 'begging for workers' 13 hr Divorce proceedings 2
News What is Absolute Zero? 13 hr trump birthed in ... 4
News GMO critics protest at Monsanto meeting; resolu... (Jan '14) 14 hr madoff sinogog 13
More from around the web