Study links low IQ, conservative beliefs to prejudice

Mar 10, 2012 | Posted by: Mannnington2010 | Full story: news.yahoo.com

A new study has linked conservative beliefs with low IQ and prejudices.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
WTF

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

Shocker....
right on

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2012

Judged:

I know these people around here don't even hide their hate. They wear it like a badge of honor. Makes me sick to my stomach being a minority. I know there aren't many of us here but I can't imagine you people treating us worse because of this post. I am an minority and I am discriminated against a lot here. I know they are all republicans too.
Annoyed

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

What a load of crap. I am conservative and Republican. I have minority frends. I judge people by how they are not who they are and am fairly well educated. I hear twice as many Democrats around here using the N word and being racist.
Liar

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2012

Judged:

Annoyed wrote:
What a load of crap. I am conservative and Republican. I have minority frends. I judge people by how they are not who they are and am fairly well educated. I hear twice as many Democrats around here using the N word and being racist.
Why do you feel the need to clarify that you have "minority frends"? First, you can still be prejudiced against a group of people and have "frends" that are from that group. For example, I think all republicans are racist blowhards who are too busy making up bullshit facts to read actual research on the subject. But I have republican "frends".
Jack

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

WTF...right on...Annoyed...Liar, all the same person. NUTS
Dumbass

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

I assume that you made that assumption based on the locations of the posts. You are from fairmont too. Mine comes up Fairmont. Are we all the same person? NUTS!!
Dumbass

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2012

Judged:

Try focusing on the content of the posts and less on those commenting. If the only thing you can glean from these posts is that they all are located in fairmont then you must be one of these republicans. I have Comcast internet. I assume that most people using them come up Fairmont. I mean this is what makes me sick. You make claims based on faulty information. I'm glad you are trying to use your brain, but please try harder.
lmao

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

I can't believe I found such a post on the Mannington forum. I always thought Republicans were kind of stupid, and now we know.
Fellow Republican

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Annoyed wrote:
Do not even try to reason with the red necks on the left. They want to call Republicans racist, yet their hero is Robert Byrd, a known KKK member. These people are basically ignorant, not well educated, and lacking in morals. They do not believe in hard work or personal responsibility. They want to prostitute their freedom for free stuff. They talk about Republican hate, but look at their postings on the various blogs. I would say that their is plenty of hate coming from both parties.
lmao

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Judged:

Fellow Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Do not even try to reason with the red necks on the left. They want to call Republicans racist, yet their hero is Robert Byrd, a known KKK member. These people are basically ignorant, not well educated, and lacking in morals. They do not believe in hard work or personal responsibility. They want to prostitute their freedom for free stuff. They talk about Republican hate, but look at their postings on the various blogs. I would say that their is plenty of hate coming from both parties.
We can safely assume that you are one of those republicans. I am a liberal. I am educated. I have strong moral convictions. I work 40 hours a week in an office. I don't want anything for free. I want my tax dollars spent in a way that benefits society instead of destroying it. You have an idea in your head of liberals. You couldn't be more wrong. Try talking to people instead of living in la-la-land.
Just saying

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

I do have to wonder about some of the Republicans I've met. One man told me his wife had a vasectomy, another told mr the reason Lot's wife turned into a pillar of salt was because she turned and looked at her behind. another said his son was talking at 3 months and was potty trained at 4 months, another swore a person that had raised an unbrella in her house had killed her brother. I wanted to laugh so hard right in their face, but I held it until I got home, then I rolled in the floor laughing.
UH-HUH

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

Rush Limbaugh, Sarah Palin, Todd Akin,Donald Trump, Glen Beck, Ann Coulter, Sean Hannity, Scott Walker and on and on and on and you say the people who admire them are a little slow? BINGO!!!
oh my

Hazleton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

In 1973 I got lost at Fairmont, West Virginia and was forced to mine coal and do homosexual acts. I escaped eventually by making an ultra light plane out of tarps and fishing rods and an outboard motor.
oh no

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

oh my wrote:
In 1973 I got lost at Fairmont, West Virginia and was forced to mine coal and do homosexual acts. I escaped eventually by making an ultra light plane out of tarps and fishing rods and an outboard motor.
My mom told me a story of how my dad left and it was quite similar :)
TiredofU

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

oh my wrote:
Did you fly over Weston insane asylum before you left. Too bad you didn't drop in....
What

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

You mean that these redneck republicans aren't smart? Eff me to tears!
Gigatt

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

lmao wrote:
<quoted text>We can safely assume that you are one of those republicans. I am a liberal. I am educated. I have strong moral convictions. I work 40 hours a week in an office. I don't want anything for free. I want my tax dollars spent in a way that benefits society instead of destroying it. You have an idea in your head of liberals. You couldn't be more wrong. Try talking to people instead of living in la-la-land.

I stopped reading after you said you were a liberal, sorry
Really

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Did we really need a study to tell us this?
Mgtn Res

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Really wrote:
Did we really need a study to tell us this?
Not any more than we need a study to determine that you are an ignorant stinking, welfare loving, work hating democrat.
HMM

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Mgtn Res wrote:
<quoted text>
Not any more than we need a study to determine that you are an ignorant stinking, welfare loving, work hating democrat.
Yea, that's not a prejudice statement. Way to disprove the study, chief. BTW that was the lamest attempt at an insult I have ever seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of25
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Science Forum right now

Search the Science Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Evolution vs. Creation (Jul '11) 3 min polymath257 105,857
The President has failed us (Jun '12) 4 min Rico from East Los II 217,931
Are Pollen Count Forecasts Reliable? (Mar '11) 6 min ehh 9
Da Nang: Vietnam moves to protect sea territory 48 min bac ky deo biet nhuc 1
Humboldt Can: Food deserts: Obstacles to health... 1 hr Hillary Shaw 1
Nigeria will reach `promised land' - Adesina 1 hr LIVE THE MAN ALONE 1
Oxford centre to conduct scientific study of re... (Feb '08) 2 hr John 35
•••
•••