Inmate search lawsuit settled

Full story: Times Union 6
Schenectady County has agreed to pay a $2.5 million settlement in a federal lawsuit over strip-searches at the county jail. Full Story
eva dumar

Woodbury, CT

#1 Jul 22, 2006
i was strip searched in schenectady county jail in 2001 it was very degrading i have no violent hystory id like to talk to a attorney im in torrington ct any lawyer interested please email me at evadestruction@sbcglobal.net
Terri Gonhue

Saratoga Springs, NY

#2 Jul 18, 2007
I too was stripped seached at the Schenectady County Jail in 2003, I was pregnant, had no history of violence, and I am currantly the Director of a Community Center in Troy. The officers also made me bend and spread myself several times claiming they thought they saw something.
Terri Gonhue

Saratoga Springs, NY

#3 Jul 20, 2007
Please take my name off and retract this statement- I did not make it
Hubaknowsbest-or -maybenot

Delmar, NY

#4 Oct 11, 2007
Huba recently stripped and they searched...(not the cops but the Blythewood boys)...for something but they could not find it! SO HE JUST up and LEFT and went home to watch his wrestling

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2012
I think strip searches have to be done. if you were an inmate, would you want another inmate with a weapon? I think its about security for both the staff and the inmates. More about strip searches here http://www.jailguide.com/jailblog/prison-info...
usa2531

Bristol, CT

#6 Mar 27, 2012
Glad to see all of you gettin paid. Strip searches are done for everyone's protection. Hopefully you won't find yourself stabbed in the throat or doin the funky chicken after you snorted some bad come or H that came from a piece of plastic that was inside of some POS' ass. That will be the police's fault though right. Be productive and don't go to jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schenectady Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Homeboi 19,642
Sex abuse charges / court officer keeps job.. WTF? Tue fed the help up 3
Daily Gazette ends free Web site access (Aug '09) Feb 27 nunyia 10
Seven area wrestlers advance at Section II Cham... Feb 21 fan 1
Review: Head To Tail (Feb '10) Feb 21 Deborah B 19
Review: CRS Complete Recovery System Feb 19 guyer 1
Sharkys posts from New Lenox illinois Feb 18 CC Ryder 10
Schenectady Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web