Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2010

Judged:

We have been customers of Head to Tail since they first opened last year. The selection, prices, and customer service are wonderful! Marie went out of her way to special order the food we needed for our puppy, even though she does not carry that brand. On multiple occasions, we have seen that the prices are lower than the ones at Petsmart for the same product. We bring our dogs there for nail trimming services and the groomers are all kind and treat our dogs like family. We highly recommend Head to Tail. Support local businesses like Head to Tail because they truly DO put the customer first.
Anne Ryan-Niskayuna

Cohoes, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2010

Judged:

Very happy with them! Price is reasonable and grooming impecable. He got to roam and play all day so what an added bonus for him, versus being locked up for 6 hours in a cage trembling!~ You have my loyal business anytime!
Rachael Mills

Hudson, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2010

Judged:

I have been using this business for about 4 months or so and I have been thrilled! My dog is a little nervous around other dogs and they were very accommodating about keeping him separate. I also switched his food on their recommendation and my dog loves it. Great service, fair prices and friendly, knowledgeable staff. It's so nice to have this business in Schenectady!
Teresa

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2010

Judged:

Our dog, Tucker, attends day care here once a week and has for over six months now. He and we absolutely love it! Marie is wonderful as are her staff members. I feel very at-ease with Tucker's being there. He loves socializing with the other dogs and gets so excited as we get close to the building. They carry super high quality products and keep the place immaculate. I hope they stay around for a long, long time!
Laura DeNofio

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Judged:

Marie is the best! She gives great advice, and really knows dogs. Our westies go to Head to Tail for grooming, and now our golden will too. We highly recommend Head to Tail for food supply too. Marie gave us great advice on dog food.
JACK

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2011

Judged:

great place
Betty Mcgarry

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

Judged:

This a beautiful pet services business. Excellent dog & cat grooming, fun,clean,safe dogcare, knowledgable staff and groomers, amazing source for pet food, supplies and gifts. A quality run business that this area deserves. Plan a visit to Union St. and have a great experience.

Jody

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

Judged:

My experience with Head to tails was awful. It started by me walking in the door Friday 6/24/2011 around 5pm (and I mean walking into the door)an employee of the store saw me as I was walking to the entrance with her and did not have the courtesy to hold the door for me allowing it to close and then when I was there during regular business hours they were very cold and uninviting I assured them I was not here for the “existing client” only open house and I was interested in the store and grooming. As I tried to ask questions they still did not seem interested in me as a customer. I then inquired about the doggie day care and they actually had to talk with each other as if to figure out if they were going to honor my request “really who does that” I guess since doggie day care is full they do not care to show this to me, I guess because I am not a existing client. AND I WILL NEVER BE ONE! And then after the little tour of the daycare I had questions about some products I noticed a pile of coupons on the counter so I took one. My friend was with me and I showed her the coupon and she wanted one and WOW REALLY THEY TOOK THEM OFF OF THE COUNTER OUT OF SIGHT LOL my friend politely asked for one again they looked at each as my friend did not speak their language “my friend walked out without a coupon. I guess it is the existing client thing again. My advice if you don’t want to be treated like a second rate citizen DON’T SHOP AT THIS STORE!
Susan Leach

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2011

Judged:

Harry loves Head to Tail. He is treated with special kindness. My scardy guy is very comfortable with everyone there. Don't know what we would do without this place.
Kathy

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Judged:

Our 2 dogs go to head to tails for grooming. We also buy food and treats there. Marie and all of the employees are extremely friendly, knowledgable and helpful. They treat their clients as their own. I 100% recommend them to anyone that has and loves their dog. I wouldn't go anywhere else.
Susan R

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2012

Judged:

Think twice about Head to Tail. Not honest about where they keep your dog during the day. You can't get a straight answer from anyone.
Cassie

Saratoga Springs, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2012

Judged:

I love it! Reasonable pricing and they go above and beyond grooming. They shave, shampoo, brush out, cut nails clean ears and mouth all in one my dogs come out looking brand new, and happy.Which is super important cause weve had many experiences where they come out angry and upset. Never at head to tail, they dont want to leave!
Austin

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

They were fairly good with my Lhasa apso but the only dislikes i have is they cut my dog in a weak, private part of his body other than that great
Patti Drygula

Amsterdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2012

Judged:

I have been so happy with Head to Tail. My daughter's dog "Blue" visits every Thursday. She absolutely loves it and being around other dogs and such a wonderful staff has been great. She looks beautiful after her grooming and she knows it. Marie and her staff are the BEST.
Ken

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Loved Head To Tail when it first opened. Since then, it has gone downhill in every aspect except their retail sale choices. It is universally known now that the owner and any staff (except groomers) are rude and condescending to everyone except current clients with dogs in day care. They famously laugh (albeit) under their breath, when people come in to ask about day care openings. The response is usually "we're full" and "there will be no openings" with a dismissive tone and the staff person not even looking at you.
That person is often Marie, the owner. Her attitude sems the worst.
If you need day care for your dog, go to places that have open space, individual care and attention, outdoorwalks, outdoor play and structured play - not a room with 35 other dogs who sit all day long, doing nothing.
Try CaNine to Five ... they are new and getting great reviews.
Leave Head to Tail with their snotty attitude to their snotty selfs. You can do better for your pet!
I have.
Laura B

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2013

I recommend Head To Tail! The services are great- daycare is busy so reserve ahead of time. But the space (indoor and out) is great for the dogs, and awesome that they aren't in kennels at all. Grooming is great, and the dogs enjoy the same open day care space before and after. Excellent selection of quality products, and the staff is knowledgable and caring. Nice to see a local business provide great service!!
Fe Mondragon Niskayuna

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 10, 2013

I brought my dog for grooming and the staff was quite accomodating. During my next visit, I asked them for a recommendation od food for my very fussy eaters and they were so good at guiding me and said that if the dogs dont like the particular food I bought then I could bring it back! Now, that is what I call service. In addition, they gave me samples of treats that my puppies just love.
I am so glad they are close by and intend to continue to patronise their business.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Schenectady Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Schenectady Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••