Dog abuser gets 6 months in jail

Dog abuser gets 6 months in jail

There are 70 comments on the Albany Times Union story from Aug 13, 2013, titled Dog abuser gets 6 months in jail. In it, Albany Times Union reports that:

Admitted animal abuser Anthony Walker was sentenced Tuesday in Albany County Court to six months in jail for his guilty plea to one count of aggravated animal cruelty.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Albany Times Union.

animal rights dink

Indianapolis, IN

#43 Aug 15, 2013
@reality check

Well now, I can see the fine upstanding values you are able to teach. You make a difference? You have no idea. Your replies to every one who posts shows how better you are then everyone. I am pleased that you honor me with your sage words in such a reply. You must be working hard to not only teach the "special needs children" how to start the abuse with animals that can not speak out, I am sure you also promote them to do such to each other also.

@USA R0CKS
Thank you for telling the rest of us just who has rights and who does not. I must have missed the memo that you were the one to decide. I will be sure to check from now on.

When the two of you are done graceing us with your sage knowlegde, please remove your genetic markers from the gene pool.

THANKS!
IvanRoe

Lawrence, MA

#44 Aug 15, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
In terms of how I believe it should be defined legally. I personally believe adultery can be dangerous to society while "abusing" a critter is not. I believe that only behaviors that are dangerous to society should be illegal. If you have a different opinion, that is great. You are entitled to it. I sincerely enjoy intelligent debate on this issue. Unfortunately you don't appear to be up to it. I sincerely wish you were smarter because then we could engage in intellectually stimulating discourse.
Hey...What do you call a 13 year old girl from Texas who is still a virgin?

Answer: A Legend!
IvanRoe

Lawrence, MA

#45 Aug 15, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
In terms of how I believe it should be defined legally. I personally believe adultery can be dangerous to society while "abusing" a critter is not. I believe that only behaviors that are dangerous to society should be illegal. If you have a different opinion, that is great. You are entitled to it. I sincerely enjoy intelligent debate on this issue. Unfortunately you don't appear to be up to it. I sincerely wish you were smarter because then we could engage in intellectually stimulating discourse.
Sorry, but trying to have an intelligent conversation with an idiot who believes that animals have no rights is like a Texas high school graduation....short and consisting of one moron.
IvanRoe

Lawrence, MA

#46 Aug 15, 2013
How do you know you're a Texan?

Answer: Your last home improvement project involved a tire rotation.
reality check

Midland, TX

#47 Aug 15, 2013
animal rights dink wrote:
@reality check
Well now, I can see the fine upstanding values you are able to teach. You make a difference? You have no idea. Your replies to every one who posts shows how better you are then everyone. I am pleased that you honor me with your sage words in such a reply.
Well, I'm certainly smarter than you but that should come as no surprise.
animal rights dink wrote:
You must be working hard to not only teach the "special needs children" how to start the abuse with animals that can not speak out, I am sure you also promote them to do such to each other also.
What in the hell are you talking about, I'm not a teacher. Try putting up the bong.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#48 Aug 15, 2013
IvanRoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but trying to have an intelligent conversation with an idiot who believes that animals have no rights is like a Texas high school graduation....short and consisting of one moron.
Legally speaking, animals are property and do not have rights. that isn't my opinion. It is a fact. If you were smarter, we may be able to have a fruitful conversation. Thus far all you have been able to do is demonstrate your ignorance on the subject matter.
reality check

Midland, TX

#49 Aug 15, 2013
IvanRoe wrote:
<quoted text>
Animals have some protections, not rights.

Show us written law establishing that non-human animals have "rights".
mojo karma cookie

Palo Alto, CA

#50 Aug 16, 2013
^^And witness yet another round of double MAJOR FAIL from the inept, witless and cowardly hunter trolls. Get ready for another round of double MAJOR FAIL in 10..9..8..7..6..5..^^
reality check

Midland, TX

#51 Aug 16, 2013
mojo karma cookie wrote:
^^And witness yet another round of double MAJOR FAIL from the inept, witless and cowardly hunter trolls. Get ready for another round of double MAJOR FAIL in 10..9..8..7..6..5..^^
^^The mark of the douche.^^

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#52 Aug 16, 2013
As humans, we abuse our animals, our wives, our children... our environment.. and we still have way too much stupid left over as proven with the above posts.

What is wrong with people today? No heart. No brain. Sad.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#53 Aug 16, 2013
Palomita wrote:
As humans, we abuse our animals, our wives, our children... our environment.. and we still have way too much stupid left over as proven with the above posts.
I probably have a bigger heart (my career is helping disadvantaged children) and likely have more of an eduction than you. Perhaps you are the misguided one.

Location hidden

#54 Aug 16, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
I probably have a bigger heart (my career is helping disadvantaged children) and likely have more of an eduction than you. Perhaps you are the misguided one.
Bite me. What gives you the right to attempt to determine the level of my intelligence?

I do not like abusers, and perhaps you should view a mirror. A big heart you say? Strange. Strange that you can profess to have such a big heart, yet the first thing you do is type a disrespectful post. Good job. Perhaps you should consider a career change.

People abuse people, animals, the environment all the time, and you further evidenced my belief with your post.
mojo karma cookie

Palo Alto, CA

#55 Aug 16, 2013
oh my sweet lord. that can't be right.
mojo karma cookie

Palo Alto, CA

#56 Aug 16, 2013
Palomita wrote:
i think we have a winner. yes most people seem to have adopted the mushyheaded ethics, moral apathy and the steamroller philosophy of the corporate elite. no thinking necessary. people no longer possess the down to earth morals that they used to, it's all about greed, material excess and imaginary gain in todays change-a-minute, soundbite-driven world. so the solution is simple.

educate yourself.

do some basic research.

reject violence in all its forms.

seek compassion.

go vegan.

do it today.
reality check

Midland, TX

#57 Aug 16, 2013
Palomita wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me. What gives you the right to attempt to determine the level of my intelligence?
I do not like abusers, and perhaps you should view a mirror. A big heart you say? Strange. Strange that you can profess to have such a big heart, yet the first thing you do is type a disrespectful post. Good job. Perhaps you should consider a career change.
People abuse people, animals, the environment all the time, and you further evidenced my belief with your post.
We get it... you don't like abusers. Most folks don't. Yet all of this indignation and still no written law establishing that non-human animals have "rights".

Care to take a shot at it ?

Location hidden

#58 Aug 16, 2013
The depth of the mentality you are referring to has no bounds. Spinning out of control .. people think nothing of beating a child or the elderly, skinning a live cat, or dog, cutting off a horses leg, maybe the head... for nothing but shear enjoyment.

It has to start in the homes.

It seems that we have laws regulating everything but morals.. we even have laws telling us where to spit, yet the laws all too often ignore the true needs of the ones that can not speak for themselves.
IvanRoe

Lawrence, MA

#59 Aug 16, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
Legally speaking, animals are property and do not have rights. that isn't my opinion. It is a fact. If you were smarter, we may be able to have a fruitful conversation. Thus far all you have been able to do is demonstrate your ignorance on the subject matter.
Animals in New York State ARE protected against abuse...hence the fact that the subject.

I know that you're from Texas, but try to follow along.
IvanRoe

Lawrence, MA

#60 Aug 16, 2013
USA R0CKS wrote:
<quoted text>
You misspelled "education".
reality check

Midland, TX

#61 Aug 16, 2013
Palomita wrote:
The depth of the mentality you are referring to has no bounds. Spinning out of control .. people think nothing of beating a child or the elderly, skinning a live cat, or dog, cutting off a horses leg, maybe the head... for nothing but shear enjoyment.
What? Try answering my request when you've finished orbiting Venus
Palomita wrote:
It has to start in the homes.
It seems that we have laws regulating everything but morals.
That is because morals are personal and subjective. Why should I adopt yours, or you mine?
reality check

Midland, TX

#62 Aug 16, 2013
IvanRoe wrote:
<quoted text>
I know that you're from Texas, but try to follow along.
I'm from Texas, Rocks is not. Get with the program already.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schenectady Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Current Corruption of Schenectady Led by ... (Nov '13) Jan 15 City Hall 29
***beware Jan 12 Mikedamason 4
News Schenectady High seniors read at sixth-grade level Jan 3 Aye 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Jan 3 Now_What- 20,767
Does anyone know?? Jan 2 Emmit 2
News Schenectady auto repair shop owner accused of b... (May '08) Dec 25 wsander1 8
Looking Dec 20 Jthm 1

Schenectady Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schenectady Mortgages