Report: Rochester, Buffalo rank 3rd and 4th in U.S. for poverty

Jun 6, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Rochester Democrat and Chronicle

Report: Rochester, Buffalo rank 3rd and 4th in U.S. for poverty Rochester and Buffalo rank third and fourth, respectively, in the U.S. for poverty, a report said yesterday.

Comments
1 - 15 of 15 Comments Last updated Jun 11, 2014
Taxation without represen

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 8, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

How can they be poor if government gives them free cell phones...free YMCA membership, free housing , free education ....free food , booze and autos, cable tv etc ??
Must be the drugs.

Beware of liberals posing as Americans
Table Scraps

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 8, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Throw a few crumbs to the gibs me dat crowed. Keep em happy with table scraps and earn their liberal democrat votes for life.
Lie Detector

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 8, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Im so glad we moved . NYS is cooked . I don't miss it .

Rochester has left the building . No jobs , racial tension , Crime , high taxes , High energy costs . Crappy schools RCSD . Police state and cameras every where . Murderers on the loose .

Whats not to like . A once proud town , and agriculture center , now turned into a blight on the map . Tourism ? What tourism , every major venue has stopped booking in Rochester because of insurance and security costs . The farms have been subsidized to not grow food for decades now . The farmland available could feed the entire state of NY , but they can't have that . You all would rather eat radioactive produce from the West coast and Mexico .

The only region worth visiting is the Finger lakes and 1000 Islands .
BuffaloForLife

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 9, 2014
 

Judged:

3

3

1

RacistFireCrotchBarnFart wrote:
How can there be poor if they all have the great EBT card??
I have an EBT card, and what I get is $292 a month in food stamps for a two-person household. The only income we have is my son's part time job at Tops. No cash assistance. Our monthly income is $970 from my son's job, and our rent is $500. We're drowning.

I'm 50 years old and an army veteran. Well, being a veteran is like being the pro baller on the injured list. Once you're not on the field anymore, no one cares to know you. No one will hire you if you're over 45, and yeah, I'm a little past that. I have no idea how you can put people out to pasture twenty full years before they're eligible for social security. I started working at the age of 12, and it wasn't some stupid paper route. I was working in a truck stop with my mother, off the books and illegal as hell. I was doing food prep, waiting tables, cooking on the grill, washing dishes, and using equipment that could have ripped every one of my little twelve-year-old fingers off. I have ALWAYS worked. Now employers have decided I have nothing more to offer? All I had was unemployment.

Last year, three days after Christmas, emergency unemployment was cut off for everyone. Did I then go to welfare and get rich with scads of money they dole out to everyone? No.

So I've had zero income so far in 2014. And I voted--like an idiot--straight Republican for 32 years, all the way up and down the ticket. Never again. NEVER again. They sh*t on middle class. They sh*t on lower class. They sh*t on veterans. And everybody knows that.

And the only real alternative is the liberal Democrats. So be it. The GOP lost my vote for life. Never again will I ever vote for a single one of them, no matter who it is or what they're running for. I won't vote R for president or dog catcher. Never again.

There's been reported a 6% shift in voter party loyalty, and the GOP is "freaking out." So be it. Did these idiots think that all of the 3 million Americans they screwed over (including the 300,000 of us veterans who are used to being screwed by our government) were all Democrats?

And the Tea Party is the GOP what Westboro is to the Baptist church--a national embarrassment of extremists and crackpots. You can't screw over your own voter base. BOTH parties screwed up the economy and the job market, but at least Democrats will keep the social programs going.

I find a little less than funny that the same people grousing about who's on EUC are the same ones who are half of the problem: employers who refuse to hire 1) those over 45, and 2) those who've been unemployed more than three months (guaranteeing those people STAY unemployed, which is retarded.)



Nickbo13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 9, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mayor lovley must be so proud of her city. Lmbo
rePIGpublican

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BuffaloForLife wrote:
<quoted text>
I have an EBT card, and what I get is $292 a month in food stamps for a two-person household. The only income we have is my son's part time job at Tops. No cash assistance. Our monthly income is $970 from my son's job, and our rent is $500. We're drowning.
I'm 50 years old and an army veteran. Well, being a veteran is like being the pro baller on the injured list. Once you're not on the field anymore, no one cares to know you. No one will hire you if you're over 45, and yeah, I'm a little past that. I have no idea how you can put people out to pasture twenty full years before they're eligible for social security. I started working at the age of 12, and it wasn't some stupid paper route. I was working in a truck stop with my mother, off the books and illegal as hell. I was doing food prep, waiting tables, cooking on the grill, washing dishes, and using equipment that could have ripped every one of my little twelve-year-old fingers off. I have ALWAYS worked. Now employers have decided I have nothing more to offer? All I had was unemployment.
Last year, three days after Christmas, emergency unemployment was cut off for everyone. Did I then go to welfare and get rich with scads of money they dole out to everyone? No.
So I've had zero income so far in 2014. And I voted--like an idiot--straight Republican for 32 years, all the way up and down the ticket. Never again. NEVER again. They sh*t on middle class. They sh*t on lower class. They sh*t on veterans. And everybody knows that.
And the only real alternative is the liberal Democrats. So be it. The GOP lost my vote for life. Never again will I ever vote for a single one of them, no matter who it is or what they're running for. I won't vote R for president or dog catcher. Never again.
There's been reported a 6% shift in voter party loyalty, and the GOP is "freaking out." So be it. Did these idiots think that all of the 3 million Americans they screwed over (including the 300,000 of us veterans who are used to being screwed by our government) were all Democrats?
And the Tea Party is the GOP what Westboro is to the Baptist church--a national embarrassment of extremists and crackpots. You can't screw over your own voter base. BOTH parties screwed up the economy and the job market, but at least Democrats will keep the social programs going.
I find a little less than funny that the same people grousing about who's on EUC are the same ones who are half of the problem: employers who refuse to hire 1) those over 45, and 2) those who've been unemployed more than three months (guaranteeing those people STAY unemployed, which is retarded.)
Obviously, you see what I think of the Republicans. I feel your pain, dude. I volunteer at various churches for families in your situation that gives food and clothes for the needy and people who fell on hard times.
Taxation without represen

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

4

4

3

Listen up buffaloforlife
Fact
Democrats destroy jobs......create more taxes and government.
I'm a republican and own a business.
If you stopped taxing the crap out of me ... I could create jobs and if your a good worker you'd be on my pay roll no matter your age.
You seem to forget that NY is a democrat liberal state and where almost everyone is on the dole of some sort.
That's the problem.
Start up Ny ......government way of tax free zones near the colleges is a scam.......while us long term residents are still taxed to support this program. How does this help ?
Corporate welfare ....selective few get big handouts while the rest of us are screwed. How does this help ?
Liberal Government has no business being in business and fail every time they try ....and then the taxpayers have to bail them out.
Let me ask you........don't you think that allowing those who built America....business.....should be able and allowed to create jobs ? Liberals don't think so.
So voting democrat is digging your own grave.

Beware of liberals posing as Americans
mayordysaster

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Taxation without represen wrote:
Listen up buffaloforlife
Fact
Democrats destroy jobs......create more taxes and government.
I'm a republican and own a business.
If you stopped taxing the crap out of me ... I could create jobs and if your a good worker you'd be on my pay roll no matter your age.
You seem to forget that NY is a democrat liberal state and where almost everyone is on the dole of some sort.
That's the problem.
Start up Ny ......government way of tax free zones near the colleges is a scam.......while us long term residents are still taxed to support this program. How does this help ?
Corporate welfare ....selective few get big handouts while the rest of us are screwed. How does this help ?
Liberal Government has no business being in business and fail every time they try ....and then the taxpayers have to bail them out.
Let me ask you........don't you think that allowing those who built America....business.....should be able and allowed to create jobs ? Liberals don't think so.
So voting democrat is digging your own grave.
Beware of liberals posing as Americans
Strong words but close to the truth

Like stated , N Y IS a liberal democratic state
Gumphnf

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jun 10, 2014
 
mayordysaster wrote:
<quoted text> Strong words but close to the truth
Like stated , N Y IS a liberal democratic state
I have carbuncles on my dinker.
Lol

Canandaigua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jun 10, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

mayordysaster wrote:
<quoted text> Strong words but close to the truth
Like stated , N Y IS a liberal democratic state
I can see why so any people are leaving. MY Mother in law brags about how liberal this place is lol. There are more restrictions to getting a job than welfare.
Slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jun 10, 2014
 
Both parties are a joke .i have no problem with helping people while they are on the outs .people will say why don't you have them fix pot holes .answer .ny state nsea won't ever allow that to happen .system is rigged and blue states are not the answer .too bad they can't find the middle ground anymore .wease might sound like a hard core leftist but in truth if he could just look past his pride he has a lot to offer ,but admitting he could be wrong has cost him a lot in my opinion personally and financially .but the man works hard and almost being 70 does not stop him
Slammer

Hilton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jun 10, 2014
 
Btw if people think changing a few members of either party will ever make a difference are wrong ,it's time for term limits .it would be a start
mayordysaster

Niagara Falls, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jun 11, 2014
 
Slammer wrote:
Btw if people think changing a few members of either party will ever make a difference are wrong ,it's time for term limits .it would be a start
You mean mandatory term limits.
We now have term limits IF only the people would vote.

There is term limits.

People have the idea What good will it do.

There are some truth there BUT politicians are all the same
If anybody thinks a politician will enter such a thought of mandatory terms THINK again
mayordysaster

North Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 11, 2014
 
mayordysaster wrote:
<quoted text> You mean mandatory term limits.
We now have term limits IF only the people would vote.
There is term limits.
People have the idea What good will it do.
There are some truth there BUT politicians are all the same
If anybody thinks a politician will enter such a thought of mandatory terms THINK again
Sorry for another nonsensical post. I still have not acquired my GED.

By the bye, I am loaded with carbuncles and just adore the company of well-hung black gentlemen.
Ha Ha

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 11, 2014
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Buffaloforlife,
You have to get away from the "Democrat/Republican " crap and vote against the "Progressives"
They are the ones who sold you out.
They have an agenda, and it involves you being a slave to the government.
They are the ones who impose the regulations that are killing businesses, and the taxes that are drowning the middle & lower class.

It isn't enough to vote out the incumbents, they will only be replaced with more progressives.

Looks for the libertarians and conservatives that are anti-establishment.

And resist taking government money, it always comes with strings!

Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Schenectady Forum right now

Search the Schenectady Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 55 min Sean Hannitys Hair 6,365
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Fitus T Bluster 18,570
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 13 hr General Robert E Lee 6,361
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 23 Sham Hannuty 16,777
who thinks the capital region(albany,schenectad... (Oct '09) Jul 22 FEDUP 33
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 20 Sham Hanutty 436
Review: Big Horse Trucking & Auto Jul 17 Rick Thomas 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Schenectady Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Schenectady People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Schenectady News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Schenectady
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••