Happy 50th birthday, GI Joe

Happy 50th birthday, GI Joe

There are 1 comment on the Redwood Times story from Feb 6, 2014, titled Happy 50th birthday, GI Joe. In it, Redwood Times reports that:

A Gen. George Patton G.I. Joe action figure, right, and other G.I. Joes in a display at the New York State Military Museum in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. The birthday of what's called the world's first action figure is being celebrated this month by collectors and the toy maker that introduced it just before the nation plunged into the quagmire that ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Redwood Times.

Local

Foster City, CA

#1 Feb 6, 2014
The Hassenfeld Brothers (HASBRO) created G.I. Joe after seeing the enormous success of Mattel's 'Barbie'. Nothing more, nothing less. It was a great marketing idea to make Barbie a soldier with Guns/weapons and made Hasbro millions of dollars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Donald Trumps Gives Really Good Head Aug 27 TEA Bagged Marina 1
News Black American Indian invents potato chips Aug 18 Oh No You Di-nt 4
News Police: Drunk NY Man Has His 10-Year-Old Drive ... Aug 17 Christian Fumblem... 3
Free Halloween Photoshoot For Kids! Aug 9 stephaniechallisp... 1
News From ice cream to condos and townhouses, develo... Aug '15 Mark K 10
News July 2015 rendering of Monument Square redevelo... Jul '15 Mark K 3
Snapchat? Jul '15 bthwaits 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saratoga Springs Mortgages